How's your day?

Enjoy yersen Catfan. Don't forget to post a picture, so we can see you're having a nice time. Don't forget the Diabetic candy floss.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I'd like to know for sure, when it is safe to visit nottingham, without risking the wrath of Covid and if me relatives want to see me.

This unsurity is doing me 'ead in.

Interesting weather this afternoon. Huge dark clouds on one side with rain and thunder and on the other side bright sunshine. Not as entertaining as an experience on the M74 a few years ago. Big black clouds and rain with bright sunshine between them producing rainbows coming off the cars in front! Much nicer than aquaplaning on the M9!

3 hours ago, Beekay said:

I'd like to know for sure, when it is safe to visit nottingham, without risking the wrath of Covid and if me relatives want to see me.

This unsurity is doing me 'ead in.

Missing you already B we love you even if you'r relatives don't . 

• Like 1

Totally frustrated, I had to do the first between service refill of the windscreen washer bottle today and nowhere in the 711 page manual for the car could I find the capacity of the bottle. Years ago there was a page or two that listed all the capacities of the fluids tyre pressures etc apparently not so today but I do know how to change the beep when unlocking the car to a tweet or five other sounds FFS.

Yes if you want to get the ratio of water to screen wash right but like you a dollop of jollop and fill with water does for me.. ;)

Ahh, of course, I was forgetting the posh element from the Trent valley...   ;)

Done it. It had a capacity of 5 litres so 4 litres of water to 1 of washer concentrate.

Still remembered how to syphon water after filling with water to get the volume.

Went inside and the leader of the opposition had Wimbledon. The match was between two girls one who played silently and the other whose name was Gruntalotikovavitch almost screamed at every shot she played. Painful to listen to, it's not necessary, why don't they ban it?

Tried to give s tenner to Royal British Legion man in Vic Centre.

Sorry can't take cash only accepting direct debit payments.

I can see them losing a lot of money over this one.

HOW'S MY DAY!!!

This football havs got a lot to answer for.

My elderst grandson and partner were to sign for there first house last week, but grandson went to the pub with his mates to watch footie and one of them caught the virus. Then it ment the others had to stay in (approx) 2 weeks and keep taking the test, first couple test's negative then one came back positive. Now this effects every body, his brother after leaving school over a year ago could not find a job (even though Boris said there were going to be lots of apprenticships) so he went full time to college he hated it, Now after starting an appreticship in engineernig, he has been there just two weeks he as to stay at home, spoke to

him on the phone and he is bored/bored,  he is realy down he says his mum and dad arn't botherd about him, his mum also has to stay at home and work from home she is a GPs PA and his dad also has to stay home but worst of all he has being going out with a girl since being 14 and they have fallen out. OH!!! what can one say young love having said that I wish that I was 17 giong on 18 WOW would I have some fun.    Moreal of this is Don't go and watch football just watch it at home on TV.  Don't belive every thing "BORIS" say's  Make sure if you atten college you are put in at the right level e'g. NVQ 1,2,3  he was in Level 2 and he should have gone in at NVQ 3 he ended up helping the other students to compleat there basic maths and english because he had got good grades at school, So if you do know any one who is going to college make sure that the lecturer doe's a CPL  creditation prior leaning this means after the test the student will be place in thre correct NVQ 1.2,3, any way hopefully all things consided good news will follow. 

WATCH THIS SPACE!!! 

• Upvote 1

@mary1947 Sorry about your grandson’s troubles.  I hope he will be OK , also the rest of the family x

It’s good that he wants to speak with you on the phone, though.

I think grandchildren are very precious gifts ….. 

• Like 1
On 7/6/2021 at 2:47 AM, Oztalgian said:

Done it. It had a capacity of 5 litres so 4 litres of water to 1 of washer concentrate.

Still remembered how to syphon water after filling with water to get the volume.

Went inside and the leader of the opposition had Wimbledon. The match was between two girls one who played silently and the other whose name was Gruntalotikovavitch almost screamed at every shot she played. Painful to listen to, it's not necessary, why don't they ban it?

When I was very poor, I used to use Meths...which is basically Ethyl Alcohol plus some poisons.. and a drop of washing up liquid.  It worked. 

There are three purposes to screenwash:

1. Clean your screen.

2. Do the above without freezing onto your screen, or in the washer bottle etc.

3. Protect the screenwasher system, pump etc.

These days I tend to buy the concentrated stuff and dilute it to suit. In Summer you need very low concentrations, so you can use less.  In winter you need a higher ratio of screenwash:water, to prevent either your bottle or pump freezing up.. or the stuff freezing onto your screen as you use it while travelling.

Since temps rarely drop much below freezing in the UK, it's a money saver to properly read instructions on Screenwash..then use less... :laugh:

I as a bit disappointed to see England lose on penalties to Italy.

Still we got further and closer than we have for decades and we do seem to have a team with some ability.

Maybe we'll do something in the World Cup.

I only like Tournaments.  I can't be bothered with the whole league pantomime.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I as a bit disappointed to see England lose on penalties to Italy.

A gazzillion pounds a year and still don't know how to take a penalty.

Pathetic at all levels, players and coaches.

21 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

In Summer you need very low concentrations, so you can use less.  In winter you need a higher ratio of screenwash:water, to prevent either your bottle or pump freezing up.. or the stuff freezing onto your screen as you use it while travelling.

In summer we need a higher concentration to help dissolve and get rid of all the squished bugs, we never get frost so freezing is not a problem.

18 minutes ago, Oztalgian said:

Don't hold back Oz.. what are you really trying to say?

FWIW, I thought Saka was a poor choice of Sub as he messed up everything in play and missed a 'pen'.  But I also think that Wonderboy Stirling is over rated.  He persistently tries to much grandstanding and always wants to beat one last player..rather than laying off the ball to someone else.  When he gets it right he is spectacular. but his success percentage rate is far too low.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Oztalgian said:

In summer we need a higher concentration to help dissolve and get rid of all the squished bugs, we never get frost so freezing is not a problem.

Ah!!. so you maybe don't need as much alcohol to lower the freezing point, but you need more solvents to dissolve bugs.  Since bugs are mostly composed of proteins.. I'd suggest Concentrated Nitric Acid, which really 'goes for' proteins.. (I have the scars to prove it.)

However. it will probably dissolve your screen wash system. and possibly you....

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Don't hold back Oz.. what are you really trying to say?

In the vernacular.... Give it some welly. Trying to stroke it just inside the post will not work with the  athleticism of today's goalkeepers. Hit it so hard that if they get a hand to it it goes into the net with the ball.

• Like 1

"FOOTBALL'S COMMING HOME"    Sorry it got lost on it's way home.  Maybe another time?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

I think your comment is hard to belive, no-one likes to lose but I think our team did well. If I remember not many reporters had a good word for England a lot thought we would be out of the comp near the start. So lets look on the bright side we got to the final. The young man who took one of the penalty's did not score but I bet next time he will make sure it goe's into the net.  "HAY_HO" There is more to life than football.

• Like 1