• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Some people, myself included, just aren't interested in sports. Doesn't inconvenience me. I dispensed with tv years ago.  I suppose next year, it all happens again? 

Given that, at one time, children in schools were encouraged to see sports as non-competitive and, for all I know, perhaps they still are, perhaps there should have been a bar of chocolate for all the players last night and no trophy. It's the taking part that counts, children. We can't have anyone feeling negative!!

• Like 3

Sad to say football today is so boring to watch..........square passes...Back passes.......keeping possession.....

Gone are the days of the long ball and taking on defenders with a mazy dribble...and a few crunching tackles or even a shoulder charge on the keeper.........

Glad the Euro's are over.....sick of seeing so called fans dancing up and down shouting ''C'MON ENGLAND'' while kissing their mates...with a Pint in hand.......

To say nowt of the so called experts on TV saying they are ''proud of them ''and are all hero's...Demi-Gods'' in fact.....

Finally......Best team won''......but they were also boring.........

• Like 5

Football's ended with relief by most of those sensible minority now that it's all over.

Over paid, over indulged ball kickers that couldn't do it at the test.

Followed by over excitable followers and the usual drunken yobs behaving like demented school girls.

Is this new England? Hopeless!

• Like 2

Yesterday people kept asking me "who do you support" my reply was either of them or both of them or whoever wins. I'm not into football but have watched semi finals and of course last nights final. I suppose I wanted England to win ( patriotism) but then I saw the English " yobs" spitting on the Italian flag and it really got to me. It hurt me, disgusted me and never even in a million years thought that hate could go so far. From that moment on I heard of gate crashers and disturbances outside ground. My interest in England winning was slowly diminishing although my mind was still with England. It happened then that I thought I hope Italy can win so for the game it was Italy, Italy.

Football is a game not a war on behaviour against opponents. I know its only a few who give England a bad name but it hurts for me because people here think the English are like that and I know they are not. 

The players taking off  their medals was disrespectful. They should have been proud to have made it to the final.

Dont think for one minute that the Italians are blame free as I presume theres been a few incidents that make the Italians feel sad for their behaviour.

However they won wasnt the result that everyone wanted to see. Its a disappointing end to have to resort to "rigore" ( sorry I don't know the english translation for the goals)

Also during the presentations I was amazed to see the stadium so empty. I know, I'm not so stupid , to realise the english were disappointed but not to   Congratulate the winning team was completely bad sportsmanship.

• Like 3

The English werent so clean either. But thats the game, get to the ball first.

Change of subject this afternoon Turin for MRI. not looking forward to it. 

I expected some trouble after the game and I was right. Why oh why does it have to end like this. Be happy for whoever wins.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

The penalty shoot out should be at the beginning of the game, then we can all go home.

Don't even bother with the penalties. Just have the coin toss and be done with it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Our neighbour was at Wembley last night with his football mad 8 year old son.  He also took him to the semi-final v Germany.   He texted me today saying the following

”It was a total mess, whatever you may have seen in the news, having been there I can say it was actually much worse. Ticketless fans outnumbered those with tickets outside the ground and it was absolute carnage. I’d be surprised if it was less than 10,000 that managed to get in by storming entrances, piggybacking through turnstiles etc. 
The semi-final was one of the best atmosphere I’ve ever been a part of and I’ve been following England at home and overseas for 20 years. Yesterday couldn’t have been further from the Germany game. 
There was no getting away from the chaos and this was the worst organised and policed event I’ve ever been at. (His son) was really upset when it was happening but was okay afterwards and we made it home safely by 2.30 am.”

2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

it was absolute carnage

It's football Lizzie... why am I not surprised.... 

All this arguing and falling out over a game of football........lets just say.......''Well done Italy''..........and join them for a ''MAMBO'' in fact a 'Mambo Italiano''............

• Like 1

Ignore the comments for the english fans and laugh like the rest of us.

• Like 2