How's your day?

:biggrin:

@ Ben

Whilst I think it would be difficult for any man to ignore Ms Loren's undoubted assets.. I never found her attractive.  Similar to Eric Morecambe's 'playing all the right notes.. but not necessarily in the right order...'

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

On a point of order..  In my admittedly limited knowledge of Italian Cuisine.. surely the Pineapple idea comes as 'Hawaian' Pizza', and Hawaii is an American state... so we can blame the Americans?

Oddly, my favourite pizza topping is Ham and Mushroom, usually seen in Italy I believe as the slightly more upmarket 'Prosciutto con Funghi' or thereabouts.  It seems to have disappeared from UK supermarket shelves so I usually end up with Peperoni.  To prevent the peperoni from going all crispy and dried out.. I usually put thinly sliced tomato, or mushrooms on top of it and add a splash of good Olive oil before baking.  Proper posh me... :laugh:

DJ360 Blame the Canadians because according to Wiki the first Hawaiian Pizza was made by Sam Panopoulos a Greek born Canadian at a restaurant in Chatham Ontario in 1962. The name Hawaiian came from the brand of pineapple that he used!

• Like 1

My son received a video of a joke , its really good and funny. Dont know where he got it but will try and find it. As for pineapple on Pizza, no no no, but that doesnt say that someone likes it. Last year the craze was chips on pizza. Believe me or not it was popular.

nonnaB, What is wrong with pineapple on pizza? it's yummo especially at the end of a hot day with a few beers.

The trend here is for dessert pizzas, strawberry, banana and Nutella is one of the most popular.

Nothing, I love pineapple, but I wouldn't eat it on top of pizza. Whatever food  Italian, english , german is nearly always converted into something not agreeable to others. So enjoy it whatever.

8 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

The trend here is for dessert pizzas, strawberry, banana and Nutella is one of the most popular.

I’ve always thought that a pizza must basically have cheese and tomato (in some form) on it or it isn’t a pizza - it’s just a bread base with a topping on it.  It’s like asking for a cheese and tomato sandwich but asking for the cheese and tomato to be replaced by jam!

It's a bit like Yorkshire pudding, in a way. It can be filled with onions and gravy, eaten plain with a Sunday roast or with jam as a sweet. I've never been a fan of Yorkshire pudding, although my father's Yorkshires were spectacular!

As regards pizza, it has to be micro thin based, topped with loads of cheese, garlic and tomato with a good sprinkling of herbs. The only outlet in Nottingham that ever served pizzas I could eat was The Pizza Place in the 70s. They disappeared long ago.

Pizza Napolitana is with a thin base as most most of them are now. My MIL used to have a Pizzeria and she made the pan pizza a thicker version as they used to be. Whenever she had any leftover dough she would fry it in dollops and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over them . We still that sometimes and its delicious especially if the dough is fairy light.

Just found out last night that my 2nd granson who is 17 has been tested positive for covid.  It has really shaken him up, his bother tested positive about a week ago. Silly boy (man he's 23) he's got a good job, going to sign for his first house, but call of booze and football, so at the moment all his plans are on hold. WHY!!! did he not have the jab? he could have done, but choose not to. This has not only effected him but his bother who has jus found an apprenticship (no jobs when he left school) at 17 also his mum who is a doctors PA and his dad who is a joiner/door/window fitter. When will these younster's learn?  it only take's seconds to get the jab and it's free.  Now whole house is in lock down for 10 day's or more.

Mary, sorry to hear this about your family members.  The trouble is that some of the younger generation think they’re invincible and that they won’t catch then virus but, as you say, a positive result affects all the people  they live with.

4 hours ago, catfan said:

On the seafront in Yarmouth in glorious sunshine.

Catfan, were you posting your message while walking? Put your phone away in your pocket and enjoy your break with Mrs.CF. 

Ps, don't forget the diabetic rock. Sandcastles optional.

• Like 1

Thankyou nonnaB, we have had a few months of ill health, with Covid and recovery time, then the dreaded Pancreatitis, which knocked me for six, still awaiting for hospital  to send appointment for my follow up with consultant, 6/8 weeks, we are now on week 11/12. can't be long now. :biggrin:?

• Like 2

Carni, sorry you’re still not feeling too good - I hope your hospital

appointment will soon come through.

Keep looking after each other (as I know you will) xx

• Like 3

Glad to hear it Carni. Waiting for appointments, checkups and consultations is very frustrating. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

• Like 1