How's your day?

Still thinking of you Carni. When I saw this in the local paper I thought O no poor Carni what will she do , then I remembered you live else where, so you will be OK. Get well soon duck see you at the next meetup.

birds.gif

• Like 5
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Phil, we've had a lovely sea breeze blowing over the South Downs and caressing us while we sat outside today, surveying our domain.

A cloudless sky all day, we only came in because we were getting a numb bum, sitting on our bench. It's a hard life but somebody's got to do it.  :tanning:

• Like 2

I've just logged in and spotted all your kind and funny posts. Fair made me smile you did.

Catfan, we have a holiday booked at our beloved Skeggy for two weeks in September, it has been moved three times, twice due to Covid and last time due to my hospital  visit, fingers crossed!

Trogg, That picture certainly looks like an 'Elephants foot' to me?

Hope to see you all when things settle down.x

• Like 7

Had a phone call yesterday from one of the doctors PA at QMC 

I have been diagnosed with "Carpal Tunnel" in both hands. The PA said that they have had cancellation so would I like to come in for my opp on the said date.  Now don't get me wrong I am pleased to have opp (CP is quite common)  but I am not looking forward to going in QMC.  I have got to get there for 7 00 am and living where we do will just take about half an hour, but at that time in a morning master and my-self are half asleep. A big thanks to my daughter-in-law Nina, she has a week off and she has offerd to take me and fetch me back. So a big thanks to Nina who also works at the City Hospital and his looking after her mum who has dementia.

• Like 1

You'll be fine, Mary. My 91 year old auntie had the carpal tunnel op on both hands and is much improved.  I am beginning to wonder if I am developing it. What I thought was gout in my thumb has now become very painful and especially at night. My grip with that hand is weak.

Unfortunately, all day case ops require folk to be there at the crack of dawn.

• Like 1

Same here Mary/Jill..........both hands very painful especially in the base of the 'Thumb'.......can't shake hands to painful.....keep putting off contacting Doctor.....if you can get in that is...........

Great stuff this getting older ain't it............

• Like 1

What has become of the flocks of swifts, swallows, house martins, etc, who ate the now vastly reduced amounts of insects?  Most people today wouldn't recognise a swallow if they were lucky enough to see one and that, in itself, is an impossibility if you never take your eyes off your smartphone!

We used to have swifts nesting yearly in our field pony shelter but we've seen none this year. I've only heard the cuckoo just once. Also we had loads of lapwings/peewits on the field but we've not seen any for years. Neither have we seen the herons flying over. There's plenty of squirrels, buzzards and magpies though but fewer rabbits. It will be interesting to see what appears when our hay crop is mown. It looks like it will be a record year for that after all the rain.  

Up early again this morning, on the park with Jj by quarter past 6, seemed a little bit cooler this morning. One of the regulars was just coming off park with his 2 dogs so looked like we would have it to ourselves. I let Jj off lead and then noticed there was a male sitting on the bench at the other end of the park, I presumed it was another dog walker but then realised he didn’t have a dog with him. I must say he made me feel a bit uneasy (if I had been with one of my boys it wouldnt have bothered me so much but a puppy cockapoo isn’t really much of a deterrent). Decided to keep distance from him but then another regular turned up with his dog which made me feel a bit more comfortable so we continued Jj’s off lead time. Seems awful really it could just have been someone out for an early morning walk I suppose, but it did unsettle me a bit. 
We are now in for the rest of the day, too hot to take Jj out again, waiting for deliveries. Amazon anytime today, UKmeds between 9.19am to 1.19pm (very precise) and Apple 8am to 8pm (good job I don’t want to go out really) and the dog groomer for Jj’s second grooming session (first puppy pampering went fairly well) anytime today. Will be glad to get him cut he has been suffering from the heat a bit (lots of ice cubes, ice lollies and damp towels which he tends to fight with rather than lie on) as his coat is fairly long at the moment and being black doesn’t help. 
So I have done my chores for the day, cleaning and put Jj’s beds through the washer much to his horror although not as bad as his toys I did yesterday, that seemed quite traumatic especially when he could see them hanging on the line by their ears. I am going to settle on the settee and listen to podcasts whilst playing with various toys that are presented to me, knitting whilst he naps and doing 10 minute training sessions our homework from puppy classes last week. Anything more strenuous (weeding etc) will have to wait until the weather cools a bit. At least that is my excuse.

By the way I have another spider In my conservatory, about medium sized at the moment, he lives under the door frame. Pops out occasionally when I go in there to get dog biscuits to say hello. Watches me and then shoots back under the frame. I am ignoring him at the moment but negotiations may need to be started with appropriate tenancy agreement in due course. 

• Upvote 1

Pink jobs done..... Just going to peel a ice cold Stella

On 7/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, Stavertongirl said:

noticed there was a male sitting on the bench at the other end of the park,

Me mam used to say "never judge a book by its cover" 

Nothing tastes the way it once did, I find...and no, I haven't contracted Covid.

Babycham, Victory Vs, Heinz spaghetti, among them.

I'm also finding with increased regularity that smells conjure up memories, even entire conversations from childhood. Obviously, the neurons are firing all their ammunition before ceasing fire for ever!  It's fascinating to experience. I'm sure others have experienced it.

Brew, be thankful that the only effect alcohol has on you is that of laughter. If everyone were the same the Domestic Violence Unit wouldn't be needed.

• Like 1

Yesterday evening we went for an aperitif at a new restaurant which opened a few days ago practically next door to my sons restaurant.Lovely change to sit and relax and trying new cocktails. A funny story which is only described as gossip. There are 2 young men who have opened this restaurant and the other day my son was talking to one of the boys father. They were talking about the weekend when the road is completely closed to traffic and sometimes whoever places the barriers forgets to remove them during the day . Italians are very animated when the talk so arms and hands were doing overtime. This apparently was seen by someone who elaborated  and said that they were so angry that they came to blows! My son and the boys and the father thought it was hilarious. The other day my son went to dispose of all his wine bottles just as the father came near him pretending to drive into him, my son took up the joke and picked a bottle up pretending to smash it onto his head. They both had a quick look round to see who if anyone was watching.

Village people are so naive, they think 2 restaurants close by would anger the one that was there first, but now there are 3 within a couple of hundred feet of each other. All get on well and help wherever needed and occasionally arrange evenings together. They all frequent each other. It’s a good relationship without hearing this type of gossip. Busily awaiting the next snatch of gossip.

• Like 2

Today good news and bad. The bad news is that this morning I got the results from the MRI I had a while ago in Turin. My husband collected them this morning and was home for 10 am. When I read the results I sensed something wasnt right so my Dr was called and fortunately got in at a minutes notice as he was going away on holiday this afternoon. As I sensed I have 3 slipped discs that is causing me pain in my hip. So came back home and went straight into the pool to swim. I havent done any for a long while so now Ive got to get my mind round things like walking and exercising  as well as swimming. Its going to be hard as Ive become a bit lazy this last year due to covid.

Now the good news, Ive been waiting 2 weeks for my oncologist to give me a comparison update on my results. Everything is fine no change. A big sigh of relief.

• Like 8