• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

According to television advertising it appears we should all be married to someone of African heritage. Strangely enough we are not generally married to those of Asian origin. I married a girl from the next village. That was far enough for me to go!

Sorry lil' Sis, but it's a whole new language to me. Perhaps I've been in the sticks for too long.

Just listening to our local news and there's a  bloke sat in a pub talking about "Coming out".

Oh Lord help us !

And so it continues... Disney is now taking flak over a character in a film that doesn't openly declare himself as homosexual by using the word GAY.

This despite the fact the timeline of the film is 1916, the term gay had real meaning and homosexuality could see you thrown in jail. But hey it's another issue for wokes to make a lot of noise, get excited about and play the guilt card...

The pity is program makers are bowing to pressure in the name of inclusiveness.  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

L don't give a toss shout anyone's skin colour or sexual preference so long as the best candidate gets the job on that basis only instead of making up the numbers for the sake of PC.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, MargieH said:

BK. Mr Google is your friend to ask in cases like these.

I would much rather ask my amigos on NS Margie. I get a better response and Mr.Google cannot enter into a discussion or offer an opinion. What do you think?

• Like 1

Ya know wot ! I'm glad your two posted summat. I were beginning to think it was my tablet censoring my NS posts. But now I know it's just a quiet day on the frontier. So, Hello Ben and Hello Monseiur. :victory:

I've just cut the grass. It was not a a happy experience and I am now lying on my sun lounger with both knees throbbing. The left one.. I.e. not the one already slated for replacement..is much more painful at present and an XRay yesterday confirmed that it too is buggered.  Not that I'm complaining you understand...I'm known for not complaining...:rolleyes:

Phil. We were walking through a market a couple of years ago and a woman was pushing a stroller with a big brown hen in it.

Careful Phil, you'll be up before the beak.!

Must say though, I've often seen pushchairs with dogs in.

Talking of knees Col, my neighbour has recently had a knee replacement on her right knee, the whole works, ball and socket!

I can't believe how quickly she's recovered. She says it's still sore, especially at night, but not the pain that she had before.

Another neighbour had the replacement but she did not follow the medical advice or the physiotherapists. She is still hobbling around on sticks, years later.

Hope you soon get yours sorted out soon Col.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Probably going to a hen party but where would you take a parrot?

Take it on a pollyday  to the seaside?