How's your day?

As for my day.  Weather pretty ropey and I decided to rest my knees... and everything attached to them.. So.. spent most of the day lazing on the couch.. watching other people exerting themselves at th'Olympics...

Which reminds me of a joke oop 'ere' wur they all talk in Lancy Twang.

"  Q. Name three Olympic events which begin with 'th'."

A.  Th'urdles, th'igh jump an th'undred metres."

:laugh:

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Beekay said:

Well done Alpha ! More to your elbow, or knee, whichever you prefer.

Eitherway.. It's a 'joint effort'.  Boom Boom!!!:laugh:

• Like 2

Just been to pick my Son up from East Midlands on a 02:30 flight from Greece, said he could be a while checking out phoned @ 2:50 ready & outside, I’m still sitting in me front room with cuppa tea! All the paper work for paid test results not even glanced at! 

Token @ barrier for pickup area, no more than 3 minutes, £6 to get out :shout:

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

My mum suffered from Raynauld's all her life.  As a child, I can remember seeing her fingers turn pure white!  

For a few months, over the winter of 2016/7, it started to affect me. I just couldn't get warm. 

In my case, one or two fingertips turn white...but it only lasts for 10-15 minutes then goes away without me doing anything. And it only happens in winter.

@Beekay

Yes I'm on 100mcg per day Levothyroxine. Keep taking the tablets!

@MelissaJKellyyou have my sympathy. I had shingles, really quite mildly, in December 2010. I have never experienced pain like it and never felt so ill in my life. The thought of anyone suffering from recurring shingles fills me with terror.  I hope the medical boffins can help you.

• Like 1

Jill, my Levothyroxin is 125 mcg, my GP increased the dose a while back. It consists of = 1x 100mcg and 1x 25mcg, as there is no 125 tablet. GP rang about June to see how I was and if I was tired etc. She asked I have a blood test at end of November to see how things are.

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

GP rang about June to see how I was and if I was tired etc

She sounds like a gudun! Mine won't even accept a call never mind make one...

125mcg is a hefty dose for someone who is borderline, Beekay. They will tell you what your TSH is if you ask them. I monitor my results online. Yours is clearly too high or you wouldn't be taking Levo.  My friend was admitted to hospital in 2017 with a TSH of 149. He should have been dead when it reached 85ish!  Some b*ggers are indestructible!

Brew is right. You must have a good GP.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Beekay said:

I was told I was 'Borderline' whatever that is, because not told whether over or under. B.

BK, I was classed as borderline in the late 1990s, when I asked the doc what that meant and about treatment he told me, that he would monitor me, and it was not practice to give medication (Thyroxine) whilst borderline, as once taking it, it is lifelong. I have been on 'Thyroxine' for over twenty years and my dose has been altered sometimes. For a while now it has been 75mcg? one50 and one 25. Best wishes BK.

Best of luck to all with the meds etc.

Strange goings on in the Grand Duchy last night.  I heard our milk man delivering at about 2:00 am..as he does.. but didn't look out.  Next morning it was reported that my neighour's single pint delivery was found on my front grass, whereas mine was where it should be on the step.  Meanwhile. another neighbour's 'Dial A Dog Wash' van was opened up and someone rummaged in his glove box (Oooo..err Missus..) but took nothing.

So.. today I got around to installing the 'Blink' camera wot I bought a few weeks back.  I've attached it to guttering, where it is all but invisible, being the same colour.  It's battery powered and viewable via an app on my phone.  It's set up to detect motion at the front of my property, and record it.

We shall see....... slywink

10 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Meanwhile. another neighbour's 'Dial A Dog Wash' van was opened up and someone rummaged in his glove box 

I would've thought 'Dial a dog wash' was a joke if I hadn't seen several of them around here. It's obviously a growth industry, along with things like Deliveroo.

• Like 1

Not Dial a wash dog but just Washdog. My neice has a place in Asti called Washdog , there are loads in Italy. Its a grooming parlour or DIY. Your membership entitles you to enter the wash area out of hours. Theres a huge sink for large dogs. Towels supplied but have to be washed and dried on the premises. Its quite a lucrative business.

Yesterday I did a dry run to Wrightington Hospital to check it out for my appointment in Sept. and give the car a run out.  It's only a few miles, but in an area I rarely venture into and I've never been there before.  Glad I did it as while their rep for Orthopaedic Surgery is second to none..their parking facilities are chaotic.  Forewarned is.. etc.

Today has started well with a text from the GP Surgery inviting me to book my annual Flu Jab.  So that's done.  23rd Sept at 09;56...  I promised to try my best not to arrive at 09:55 or 09:57..

Off on foot in minute to pick up a prescription from the pharmacy...  Up hill all the way there... so it's a good job I'm fit and healthy.. :rotfl:

In other news.. first cucumbers are appearing on my very late sown plants. :)

I've seen Andy ( Bubblewrap) posting on a Facebook page in the last week or so.

• Like 1

My day today? Well just been to get a new vehicle. My present car has done all of 70miles so time for a change thumbsup

In truth, Mrs.Beekay can't get on with our present one. She can't see out of the windscreen without craning her neck and it's a bit of a uphill haul to vacate the seat. The new one, she can just swing left and walk away from the seat. Next thing will be to go and sort out a mobility scooter for her.

IAN.FINN if you read this... I'VE SWAPPED ME CAR !