• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Ian, I did pm you with details of my car. Can you not get PMs? The car I have at the moment is a Citroen C1 Shine, 1 ltr engine. The one I'm swapping to is a top of the range Citroen Berlingo. It's easier for 'er indoors to get in and out of. The C1, she had difficulty seeing out the windscreen without craning her neck and it's a bit of a haul when vacating the vehicle. With the Berlingo, we can shop around for a  mobility scooter. Will keep you posted. Take care. B.

I dont know how to find pm,s not very good with this electonic stuff,hope you enjoy your new car a friend of mine had big Citreon when we were going to the PCFE in the early 60s like the one Maigret had i think it was called a Traction the thing was built like a brick shipyard.

If you look at the top of your screen when on Activity page you will see on the right hand top corner, a notification bell and next to it an envelope. That is the pm, if there is a number over it, it means you have a personal message, just click on that and "ey  presto" the worlds your lobster. ;)

It doesn't work for everyone, Beekay, including me and I've tried everything! Ian may not be able to see it.

If someone sends me a message, it triggers an email and I can get into it that way. It's only been a problem since the downgrade!

Whoops ! Sounds like I've put me foot in it...again.

I use a Samsung tabA or Acer 10" tablets. First I get a notification saying 'someone has sent you a personal message, then I touch the envelope at the top, next to me Avatar. That takes to messages.

Oui Monseiur, not only that, but I have a genuine beret that my son brought me back after an exchange visit to Meiux (spelling), 40 kilometres south-east of Paris. Plus I  do carry two strings of onions on me bike handlebars. Bonjour. 

6 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

I dont know how to find pm,s not very good with this electonic stuff,hope you enjoy your new car a friend of mine had big Citreon when we were going to the PCFE in the early 60s like the one Maigret had i think it was called a Traction the thing was built like a brick shipyard.

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Whoops ! Sounds like I've put me foot in it...again.

I use a Samsung tabA or Acer 10" tablets. First I get a notification saying 'someone has sent you a personal message, then I touch the envelope at the top, next to me Avatar. That takes to messages.

I see everything OK when on the desktop..which is where I usually compose my late night diatribes.

I can't remember what I see on my Tab A.

On my phone I too cannot see the Envelope etc. when I first go onto this site.  The trick is to look for the three dot menu in the browser that you are using to access the site.  On my phone it's Google at the moment and the three dots appear in the address bar at the bottom of my phone screen.  Click on the three dot menu and look for 'Desktop Site' click on that, or move the slider switch..or whatever.  That will take you to the view that you get on a desktop..complete with the envelope etc.  On my phone, which is hardly small.. I have to 'zoom in' to see them properly. Zoom in by using two fingers to expand the view on the phone.

If that doesn't work, throw your phone at the wall..stop being so tight and buy a proper PC.  :laugh:

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Well you are closer to France than to Nottingham so your Gallic behaviour is excusable. :biggrin:

Yebbut his Galling behaviour isn't!!!  :laugh:

Just kidding BK ;)

Ze nottingham Englais peeps do not appreciate our efforts at ent tant cordial. Just look at the many friends we send over to you, in their petite rubber dinghies. I will take my onions and crepes back to la Belle France.

• Like 1

In 1965, sometime near to midnight on 15 August or in the early hours of 16 August, my maternal grandfather, Louis, died.

He lived with us and passed away in the beautiful brass bed in which my mum and all her siblings were born. Wish I still had that bed!

The other day, whilst sorting through various papers, I found the receipt for his funeral arrangements. It was only a few pounds. That included a solid elm coffin, fees for the gravedigger and the services of the minister,  hearse, etc.  There was an existing plot in Northern Cemetery, Bulwell. His funeral took place on 19 August which was his 82nd birthday. Only 3 days after we discovered he was dead. In that time, the grave was opened and all arrangements made. These days, you'd be lucky if it was a minimum of 3 weeks...not to mention the cost!

The plot in the Northern Cemetery was for 5 burials. Grandad's was the last. First in were his parents in law, who couldn't stand the sight of him for some reason I've never fathomed. Next was his wife, my grandmother and then his sister in law, whom he didn't like.  Always amuses me how they bury people who didn't get on in the same grave!

The funeral was in the school holidays but neither my older sister nor I were allowed to attend. We stayed at home with instructions to draw back all the curtains, which had been closed since grandad's death and prepare tea and cakes for the mourners.

It was the only occasion on which I ever saw my mother wear black. A colour she very much disliked.

Odd to think all that was 56 years ago.

• Like 2