• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

What's this I hear about the discovery of a body in the River Leen in Bulwell yesterday? 

Seems to be true, but I know no more.  I have heard a few unsubstantiated rumours, but I'm not repeating them.. because they are..well.. unsubstantiated.

Today in my quest to rid myself of small petrol engines and equipment with electrical needs I tried out my new 36V battery operated, brushless? self propelled lawn mower.

The clutch on the self propelled petrol mower had no more adjustment left and was no longer driving the mower, the cost to repair a thirty year old mower was 60% of the cost of the new battery mower.

The new mower was brilliant, no more filling with petrol, stuggling with a pull cord and wrestling a heavy steel framed mower around the lawn. Charge the battery, pop it and the interlock key in, pull the bale arm and press the start button and away you go. It is very light as it is mostly of plastic construction but has a parts and labour warranty for six years.

A quick blow down and wipe over with a damp cloth and put away till next week. Very impressed!

Well, here's a revelation. I wake up this morning to the news that women are not the only ones who have a cervix!  One each, that is, not a collective cervix.  Logical conclusion of that discovery? Men have them, too!

Well, you've been keeping that quiet, you treacherous lot! Never said a word, did you?

Where do you keep it? I'm intrigued.

I don't know. You'll be wanting a brain next. Then we'll be even further up sh*t creek than we already are!  :P

Morning Jill, what I can tell you,  is that a number of years ago, about the early 90s, I had to go to Hawkhurst cottage hospital for shoulder exercises AND Cervical traction, (for 2 frozen shoulders).

This involved sitting on a physio bed and a sort of collar put round my neck. This was attached to a hoist system which started to pull me head up, then release. This was done over about 15 minutes. My body weight keeping me seated, but I feared they were trying to pull me head off !!

Took me by surprise too ! I thought at was a 'Lady' thing. Another device was plunging my late sons hands in molten wax. The poor bugger then had to sit with it on till it cooled and then they peeled it off. (It were for his arthritic hands).

My mum had the hot wax treatment as part of her physio after breaking a wrist in her 70s. She loved it.

Sorry to disappoint you, Beekay. You have cervical vertebrae but you don't have a cervix. It's not included with the XY kit!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Cervix with a smile BK. :biggrin:

I don't know bugger all. I just know that the very nice physio lady said she was putting me in Cervical Traction. I thought she was going to hang me. Do know it were bloody painful though.

Never said I had a Cervix.

A relative asked me if I had applied for the “Warm Home Grant”, something I had never heard of. Checked with Octopus and it was on their website. Usually I don’t meet the criteria for things like that as a I don’t get Pension Credit etc. but gave it a look. Amazingly I could qualify as I get under £16,000 a year so that was section 1 filled in and surprise surprise I am over 62 so that was section 2 taken care of. Pressed the submit button and off it went into the ether.

I then got an email from Octopus telling they had received it along with how it works. It is £140 and if I get it it will be paid into my Octopus account as a credit and the bills then taken out of it. Don’t know if I will get it or not but it is worth a try.

• Like 3

I've just bought meself one of those Thermos flasks. It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. But how does it know the difference?

• Like 1