How's your day?

Glad to hear about supermarket shelves being ok. There were quite a few we hear that are short of wines and spirits. A while back " McDonalds " was sceaming out for chickens. Perhaps its just a piece that fills a couple of minutes on tv news. I did look on BBC news web page and the situation didnt look good for Christmas with a drastic outlook food and drink wise. But I hasten to add it wasnt in Nottingham. 

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I try to get Alexa into philosophical discussions but mostly she is very PC and her answers are short.  Try asking her the meaning of life (I like her answer to that) and whether we are living in a matrix.  I wonder if they update or vary any of the answers…

• Like 1

Oooo gotta give that a go..

Edit:

Asked Alexa to marry me, she told me before I win her virtual hand in marriage I must get to know her by answering questions about her favourite things....   I failed...   :wub:

The meaning of life?... "ask Bill and Ted"..

Bill and Ted say the meaning of life is ‘be excellent to everyone’

CT I asked Alexa your question and she told me ‘ I don’t know the answer to that’

• Like 1

phillmayfield your right bread will not keep if you don't add  adatives but if you go over to France you find that the bakery, breaks twice a day.Early morning then after dinner.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:07 PM, MargieH said:

We went for our booster jab (left arm) and flu jab (right arm) today.  When we were walking across the car park we were holding hands as we often do.  One of the younger volunteer guides said: “Aw, it’s so lovely to see you holding hands”.   We smiled sweetly of course but I felt a bit patronised with her thinking that older people were past that sort of thing!  I suppose I might have thought that as well when I was in my twenties though…

after our jabs we met with both our sons and some of their families and went for a 2 - 3 mile slow walk along the river at Ely.  We had the pleasure of walking their 2 dogs as well.  It was beautiful warm weather and we had a picnic along the way, with an ice cream from a Mr Whippy van afterwards.  
I feel so blessed it nearly reduces me to (happy) tears …..

Mrs C & Ialways hold hands Margie.

The times she hads stopped me tripping over I  I've lost count.

Worth her weight in gold she is.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mary1947 said:

phillmayfield your right bread will not keep if you don't add  adatives but if you go over to France you find that the bakery, breaks twice a day.Early morning then after dinner.

I remember on a self catering holiday in France when the baton I had bought from the boulangerie the previous day was hard as a rock the next morning.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, catfan said:

Mrs C & Ialways hold hands Margie.

The times she hads stopped me tripping over I  I've lost count.

Worth her weight in gold she is.

Mrs.Beekay allus holds my hand. It helps with her balance but ! Primarily to stop me dipping in her handbag and purse. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Maybe Beekay it could be LOVE?

• Like 1

Took Tina down to our surgery this am,to drop our repeat prescriptions in and lo and behold, they booked us in for our booster jabs this Sat at 9.10. Can relax a bit then.

• Like 1

Spent the morning building Ikea furniture in our daughter’s new flat. Luckily, I’m able to mostly interpret their instructions, but still managed to have a few screws left over. I reckon they add some extras in for a laugh.

Then went into our loft to find some electrical items she needed and to get rid of an old printer and some cables I had put up there many years ago just in case I needed them. I managed to lose my foothold on the top of the stepladder I’ve always used and ended up swinging like a proper jungle VIP. Bruised ribs, grazed arms and the realisation that I’m not as young as I used to be. Consequence is having to go out and spend a few quid on a proper ladder.

Are you going to fit a proper loft ladder?  Hope you’re managing to get some sleep tonight despite your grazes and bruises.

Just read last few post I'm sure you men (thats the male of our species) think all us ladies (that the top end of the species) think that all we do is spend spend and spend now come on chaps. We only buy what we want opps sorry what we need.

Tip to ladies told to me by Gerti mother in law when i first wed  

"Don't let them ever know how much you have in your purse"" 

To this day (hope master is not listing ) him indoors doe's not know what is in my purse.

pps   Oh! master was very up-set yesterday, he sat in the car while I went around Morrisons, loaded shopping in the car and yes !! could not find my debit card, went and had a look around shop and in carpark.  No Card!!! 

Phoned bank to report it but thats another story.

4 hours ago, MargieH said:

Are you going to fit a proper loft ladder?  Hope you’re managing to get some sleep tonight despite your grazes and bruises.

Hi Margie just useing your post.

Rob instead of a loft Ladder have you thought of lookig at the Tazan flim I'm sure you can pick up some tips.  Sorry to hear about your fall though. 

What we all forget is that none of us are getting any yonger, the thing is we can all remember  (example when we painted a door) it would take say 10min now same job takes at least 30 mins. inbetween resting, arms ache, legs ache, eyes go round and round need i go on.

Oops Rob , manys the time I've said to myself "you shouldnt really do that at your age" but I've done it and sometimes suffered the consequences. Hope you recover quickly and next time use your new ladder.

Just watched the Bins'' being emptied.........'''So what'' you might say?

First lady ive seen doing the job.........attractive blond 40 ish...

Smiling and laughing with her co workers...even gave me a wave..........Brilliant....good luck to her..........

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Smiling and laughing with her co workers...even gave me a wave..........Brilliant....good luck to her..........

You're lucky Ben. Down in Brighton, near us, they've got mountains of rubbish due to a collectors strike. Local news say it could carry on into next year !

37 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Don’t ask the dustbin lady out. It could get dirty! :biggrin:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Power to the females:yahoo: They need to be admired.........DON'T THEY..?

• Like 3