• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

15 hours ago, MargieH said:

Almost the same here BK.

it was one of those sites that want me to accept cookies and I usually avoid those (so I haven’t read it either)

16 hours ago, Beekay said:

Tried the link Col, but it just said "sorry you do not have permission".

So no idea what's on.

12 hours ago, Brew said:

You need to be a member and a record of posting in the forum before the link can be viewed...

11 hours ago, Beekay said:

Don't  think I'll bother thank you. After all, I  know bugger all about St.Helens. (no disrespect DJ360).

None taken I'm sure. There's not much to know about St Helens, and it's only coincidence that it is the nearest town to where I live, and also the authority to which I pay my Council Tax. I'll also freely admit that it is a bit of a 'one horse town', having..in my view, been just a bit late becoming a Borough, by which time Wigan, Warrington and of course Liverpool, were way ahead. 

Still, St Helens does have the original Beecham's factory, the claimed earliest railway viaduct in the World :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankey_Viaduct

Also, one of, if not the oldest canals in the country, and  Rainhill, site of the Rainhill Railway Trials, all within its boundaries.

As for Johnny Welly.. I found these vids on Youtube:

There are more.

It sounded as though he was an interesting man and had a surprisingly good voice!

Also found out he was 10 days younger than me….

• Like 1

Taking the wife 'Clothes shopping '' today............she's planned a 4 day visit to London to see the sights and Theatre etc with the daughter............she's a rare Lady...in so much as she has to be almost forced in buying new clothes.........

Right from our early days together ive had to persuade her to buy new clobber.......when we decided to go out at night it was a case of she put her coat on and told me to hurry up and stop 'Poncing about'...........the crazy thing was/is she still looked a million dollars..........I'm a lucky man....:rolleyes:

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Brew said:

I've no idea where Stilton or Gorgonzola comes from, I just know where it should go....:inthebin:

Thats what I used to think years ago until a very sad thing happened. My neice in France was involved in a car / lorry accident and consequently died. I immediately travelled to France to be with the family. They are big cheese eaters and not to be rude with their offerings at mealtimes I started very gingerly to try them. I now practically eat all sorts of cheese. My brother could get through a pound of cheese in one sitting but I couldnt even stand the smell. Your tastes do change over the years, but having said that although I eat most things and I'm not faddy , I draw the line at some things.

Well, after only a few weeks, quit the delivery driver job today. Realised that with age come all sorts of problems, like carpal tunnel issues in both wrists, which make a job involving lugging crates around more and more difficult. Add in the rota which gave me the graveyard shifts that no bugger else wanted to do, and the taxman taking a big chunk out of a pay packet only slightly over minimum wage, and I’m happy that I’ve made the right decision.

As for cheese, used to hate Stilton until I worked at the long-closed St Ivel factory in Harby. Grew to love the smell and the taste. Cropwell Bishop is my favourite.

• Like 1

Bingo, Bingo GO-GO BARRIE GO

KING BINGO BAZZIE.

Hi Rob.L  Welcome to the dead hands club.  I wss dianosed with Carpal tunnel in my right hand/wrist.. Dr Kovak not sure if it's also in my left hand.  So went on list for right hand/wist opp. left hand/wrist still unknown.

After breaking nearly all the pots in my cupboard, if i dropped anything could not pick it up eg buttos/needals/pins/paper and more, could not get bank  card or bus pass out  of my purse. Untill last straw dropped bottle of wine. HARRRRRRRRRR.So when phone call came QMC cancellation , I jumped at the chance. Following week Opp done!! appointment for 2/3 moths to see top man again. In the mean time had elec gram test on left hand/arm. Right wrist  healed well, but not much feeling still, DR Kovak WWWEEEELLLL we will give it a year and see how it goe's, sometimes this will happen and you never do get any feeling back. Now after about 6 months I think a little feeling is comming back. Left hand/arm jury still out.

• Upvote 1

Big ears did you not win at Bingo?

your post Tuesday 9 27 ?

Noddy

Hey up Noddy

On Tuesday at 9.27, I were sitting on me settee wiv me cup of Ovaltine. Feet up and watching "Holby City" on iplayer.  :rolleyes:

What's happened to the photo of a church that CT posted, under where's this.? I thought I put an answer then it disappeared. OOER !

An apology for that....you aren't going mad :)

A few minutes after I'd posted it, I answered my own question and realised where the church was. I didn't think anyone had replied - because it was only visible for a short time.

For the sake of completeness, I can repeat the post if anyone's interested.