How's your day?

Cor !! Many is the time I've jumped off the platform to check my time card in that machine. And nipping in the papershop for some fags or a paper. We stopped there one day and there was a lady with a baby in a pushchair. I said 'sorry love, no more room for prams'. She just said, ' hang on a minute'. She proceeded to take the baby out of the chair and passed it to me. She then folded the chair and chucked it over a fence of a church next to the papershop. When she got on the bus she said, 'I'll pick it up on the way back'.

I kid you not...

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I was bridesmaid to a friend in that church in 1969. I was lucky to be there as I was never allowed a saturday off work.

• Like 1

All of you with pets who are frightened of fireworks, did you know that Classic FM is playing special calming music for animals from 6pm - 10pm

tonight and tomorrow night.  I thought it sounded a bit of a silly idea but I asked Alexa to play it and it’s surprisingly calming.  Both of our cats have now come out of hiding from behind the sofa and are calmly sitting on a chair…

• Like 1

We still miss our little Jack so much, even after over a year, but it’s so much easier to listen to all the fireworks being let off for Halloween, Diwali, Bonfire Night and now on random occasions up until some time in early January 2022.  I have a confession though ….. friends were here earlier this evening and I’d found a small box of fireworks that we’d had in a cupboard for many years so we all went into the garden and let them off.  Nothing special and rather disappointing but they brought back memories of being kids, before fireworks were ridiculously spectacular and noisy.  Wish we’d had some bonfire toffee as well 

Bonfire night needs the following requisites...

Brandy snap,

Jacket taters,

Bonfire toffee,

Toffee apples,

Compulsory Mushy Peas.

31 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

We still miss our little Jack so much, even after over a year, but it’s so much easier to listen to all the fireworks being let off for Halloween, Diwali, Bonfire Night and now on random occasions up until some time in early January 2022.  I have a confession though ….. friends were here earlier this evening and I’d found a small box of fireworks that we’d had in a cupboard for many years so we all went into the garden and let them off.  Nothing special and rather disappointing but they brought back memories of being kids, before fireworks were ridiculously spectacular and noisy.  Wish we’d had some bonfire toffee as well 

It was you then

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Bonfire night needs the following requisites...

Brandy snap,

Jacket taters,

Bonfire toffee,

Toffee apples,

Compulsory Mushy Peas.

little Gem (bangers)

jumping jacks

roman candels

catherine wheels

sparklers

rockets. and there's more.

9 hours ago, annswabey said:

I was a bridesmaid too, at that church in 1964.  I was 7 and so proud of my lovely outfit!

Somebody else making me feel ancient. (Before my time).

Thanks Annswabey. X

The other day I was frantic looking for my debit card. I had been shopping and paid with the card, put the shopping in the car and drove 20 km home. Got on preparing dinner and something clicked....I couldn't remember putting my card away. Hastily looked through my wallet and purse and everything else i had with me but no card. Got into the car, pouring with rain freezing cold driving along country roads with headlights blinding us and numerous speed cameras. Finally got to the shop and ...no card found. On the way back home we said the first thing to do was inform the bank but first go the the carabiniri to report loss. My husband said to take EVERYTHING out of my bag one by one. Looking down in the car in motion in the dark is a no no for me. However I managed it slowly and looked again in my wallet and took a card out. Yes youve guessed it, it was my debit card. I felt so sick that I hadnt seen it before but it was easily done as I had put the card into the slot upside down which as its a 2 colour card looked like my credit card. 

Have you ever done something stupid like that?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes..Nonna......took me dancing shoes back to Charity shop'' even after having them in the cobblers for repair the heels came off again...

Girl who served me wasnt there...i had a laugh with her about having a dance in the shop with her once they were mended............she told me if not right i had 28 days to take em back..............

Anyway decided to take them back the other day.....girl who served me not there.........and some nasty sod of an assistant wouldnt refund me or even give me a credit note.....she basically said i was a liar..........told her what i thought of her and the service......then left......

Then went in Charity shop next door..................and realised thats were i bought em............:Shock:

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Today (actually yesterday.Sat..) I got up late..  I made it downstairs and sat in a chair for about 30 minutes waking up.  Then I made some coffee..and decided that my task for the day..after lunch.... obviously..was to plant some bulbs in pots on the patio..for the Spring..

So.. I had a bit of Egg and Bacon for lunch... which I thoroughly enjoyed.  I hardly ever make breakfast.....

I decided to let my Lunch go down for a bit..by sitting in a chair for about 30 minutes.

Finally, I decided, rather reluctantly, to get up and actually do some gardening, but just as I got out of my chair.. it started raining heavily....

So I sat in my chair and waited.. I got interested in some old films on the TV and before I knew it..it was going dark.

So I had my evening meal....

I watched 'Strictly' on the telly, and then started dozing...

Next up..more telly. old films drifting by watched with only partial attention.

Sometimes you just need a day like that..

I'm off to bed in a bit..... I'm worn out...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2