How's your day?

If any member decides to colour/tint there hair "Please Please" Never use Grecian 2000 this product contains Metallic Salts  and you will get that horrible green colour.  

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

That explains all the green headed people in the village. 

Aaah.... I thought that was down to all the inbreeding

No, I have used conventional hair colour in the past but decided to let my flowing locks revert to their natural colour around 10 years ago. It is now mostly white. Being very dark haired, the grey showed up early.

A male relative used Grecian 2000 in the late 60s/early 70s when it was a novel product and I was bemused about how it worked but, mainly, I remember the smell which I didn't like.

Just found out that our 10 year old grandson has caught Covid.  His mum, dad and sibling are going for a PCR test tomorrow.  He has only got a slight sore throat.  We haven’t seen him for a week so I expect we’re OK.  He’s been doing a LFT twice a week as this is what the school requires and they have all been negative!   He had to have a PCR yesterday as a couple of the other young choristers he boards with had tested positive.

He’s isolating at home now and no doubt delighted that he’ll have lots of screen time for 10 days!

We often look after their puppy so hope she won’t pass anything on to us!

Hi MargieH hopefully your grandson is ok. my daughter-in -law works at City Hospital and has had the virus a couple of times but it also effects husband and son who have to stay home 1/2 weeks. Maybe because she works at City Hospital she has to test herself each day. and if it is positive she has to go for futher testing, They of cause have all had there jabs. Thankfully at rhe moment all are stable.I sure your grandson will be fine he's young, well younger then we are so his body will put up more of a fight. Hope you and him indoors are well? stay safe. x

• Like 1

I'm going to change the subject a bit. Today is my 78th birthday and I'm shouting it out from the roof tops, I  don't care. The sun is shining and I've just been for a blood test (for me Thyroid) and the nurse, Janet, has kindly written Happy Birthday on me plaster.

I'm gonna keep that on all day, I don't care. Off to Bingo tonight, in our centre. Gonna see if I can win a jar of beetroot or red cabbage.

Maybe even a couple of quid on a full house.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY !!  thumbsup

• Like 5

Never mind LL. I'm more than happy to wait and let you catch up.:rolleyes:

In doggy years that makes you 539. Did you think about that?

• Like 1

How's my day been?... hmmm frustrating is one way to describe it, not to say expensive.

Idly perusing the John Pye auctions on Sunday I spied a TV sound bar, it didn't look up to much was but good enough to put a bee in my bonnet and despite watching very little TV I decided it was the very thing, a must have accessory for a gentleman of discernment and stupidity. 

On Sunday sheer boredom led me to order one, in itself  an indication of how bored I am,  and it arrived this morning.  Spent most of today trying to get the damn thing to work. There are no instructions other than being told to download an app (set up a google account please) and follow the guidance.

Would it work? would it hell as like! After much swearing and dire threats to give it a free flying lesson it slowly dawned on me the the video repeatedly mentioned connecting a HDMI-ARC cable, not something they provide and the HDMI I was using from my office was not ARC rated.

A quick visit to Screwfix for the correct cable, made sure it goes in the right socket this time and hooray all sorted... until my dearly beloved said the cables were visible, OK no problem i can,...... except there is and I can't. The stand on LG TV's do not have a gap through which to thread cables. Much huffing and puffing later and she is now looking for a new TV...  :angry:

"what if we?".... a raised eyebrow

"what about?"... the brow starts to furrow.

"err maybeee...?" when the arms cross and foot goes into tapping mode the battle is lost and a visit to the John Lewis site follows in short order... :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You have all my sympathies Brew. Took my sound bar and just used it for extension speaker for my little DAB radio.

As for my day.... had a good day for me birthday, but won bugger all at Bingo tonight. "Happy Days".