• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

2 hours ago, catfan said:

ARC on tv to ARC on soundbar then install the app.

I have a LG soundbar connected to my LG TV & sounds amazing as my neighbours will confirm.

Hah! Now you tell me.... :mellow:

Until today I'd never heard of ARC cables. This is a Bose unit that came with a tiny remote control that apparently works only when you use the supplied optic cable, which is not needed if the TV is ARC enabled.... I'm confused.com...

Maybe not getting the best from it at the moment, it's behind the screen due to the cable visibility. It has Alexa built in and voice control but only works if we shout. I feel a bit of a berk talking to a telly and nothing happening.

ARC is the best option. Optical for those who don't have HDMI. All down to bandwidth.

You won't get  7.1 Dolby Atmos  from no other option except HDMI.

ARC equals Audio Return Channel.

Crank the sound up & let your neighbours enjoy the sound !

Took ages to reach the site today, kept getting a timed out error...just me or has anyone else had a problem?...  seems fine now though.....

Right, so it's wasn't just me then. Though they're certainly the fastest kid on the block they do seem the least reliable.

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

You lucky people who’ve got fibre.

Until a short while ago when Virgin arrived we relied on a native with a cleft stick!.

Average speed pre-cable here was 6 down and 0.5 up. not surprising therefore  virtually every house in the neighbourhood is a Virgin customer.

A quick test on the BT site shows the best they can offer now is 12 down and between 1 or 2up. We wont be changing anytime soon despite the annoying dropouts

The nice shiny Google account I set up to download the sound bar app has just messaged (on my phone) demanding a credit card, passport or license to verify my age or I will only be able to see content suitable for under 18's... How nice of them to say any charges they make will be refunded, though it may take up to three days......

.SOD OFF

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

You lucky people who’ve got fibre. Out here in the sticks it’s fibre to the cabinet and the cabinet is half a mile away. Download around 26, upload around 9 mps. More than adequate for us but not what you’d call fast.

Arguably Phil, I’m more in the sticks than you but thanks to F4RN (fibre for rural network) I have super fast fibre to my house. Prior to that it was terrible.

Jacobs Creek...Aussie wine.......A Shoplifter who always nicked a bottle told me he did it cos his girlfriend loved the Red............you wern't the girlfriend were you Jill ?

Tall well dressed bloke...drove a Jag ?

Should have known Jill...............must admit ive tried to be a ''Little olde wine drinker'' to make lady's happy....but never could take to it....although 'Jacobs Creek'' came close..........

We were offered F4RN in our village but there wasn’t sufficient interest for them to come this far over the fields. Since we’ve been on fibre to the cabinet the speeds are more than adequate for normal use without the initial cost that F4RN wanted. I don’t think that fibre to the cabinet was initially available at your end at the time. 

• Like 1

my day was ok till I tried to do a D B S check for a new business ,I am now full of rage ,and cannot contact them till tomorrow by phone I hate computers with a passion

A good alternative to fibre or otherwise poor broadband could well be mobile broadband from your local phone mast.

If you get a good mobile signal on your mobile phone then have a think.

No messing about with installation just plug a 4g or 5g router in a power socket switch on & that's it.

When my VM contract comes up for renewal in the new year it will most likely see me switching a

to Three Mobile broadband. Half the cost & much faster speed.