• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I get worse with age.

I spent most the day trying to fill in a PDF file to reply to an E-mail and  I've been incandescent with rage at:

A how difficult it is and

B how stupid I must be and

C questioning  the parentage of whoever made printing sms messages virtually impossible   

madashell

Had a big win at our community bingo last... Won a jar of whole beetroot and a tin of beans. But I will remain humble though and still talk to my friends. I won't let this windfall alter my lifestyle.

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Had a big win at our community bingo last... Won a jar of whole beetroot and a tin of beans. But I will remain humble though and still talk to my friends. I won't let this windfall alter my lifestyle.

After eating those you won't have many friends.

Yes, we had Virgin issues too, which meant that at one point I had to switch to Freeview to get something for Mrs Col to watch.

They seem to be slowly cobbling together their channels now.

In other news, I saw the shiny weather today and decided that I would attempt to scale the forbidding summit of the Billinge Massif for the first time since midsummer.. I decided on the 'round trip', approaching the top via a loop rather than a full frontal assault. 

I 'pre-loaded' with Paracetamol..had lunch and then set off.  Remarkably, I got to the top of the hill with nothing more than bearable pain in the knees. 

As I hauled up the very steep last 50 yards, I was greeted by the sight of a figure in a very big fur hat, and tight leggings, with rather shapely legs.  At first I thought it was a rather tall young girl, until a deep voice declaring 'My God you struggled to get up there', revealed it to be a man.

I explained that my knees were shot..as I took in the spectacle before me... He declared "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that.. I didn't know"  'No worries, I replied.'

This chap was very tall.. maybe six foot 4 or 5.  He was wearing a huge fluffy fur 'Cossack' hat, which looked more like a huge 'afro' in shape than a hat.  Next, a mink coloured fur 3/4 jacket in beautiful fur, but something you'd more often see on a female. Next skin tight black leggings, then knee length black socks.  And finally, something resembling a pair of 'Ugg' boots, with a suede finish to match the jacket.

Let's just say the overall effect was 'different'.

We exchanged pleasantries.  He was 57.  I told him I was 73.. a slight exaggeration as I'm 72 and 10 months, but whatever.  We talked about the weather and the view, then he wandered off.

I'm still trying to process what I saw... :blink:

Getting down off the hill was a different matter and by the time I got home I was done...

Pre op assessment for knee surgery tomorrow.

• Like 2

With a pre-op tomorrow was your expedition really wise Col?.... and please stop playing with the Yetis you know it only encourages them.

Any road up  all the best for later, let's hope it goes well.

Col, Hope the pre-op assessment goes well.  Your encounter on the mini mountain sounds interesting.  They certainly dressed up for their trek!

Been for me eye test this afternoon and it transpires that my left eye is long sighted and me right is short sighted. The good news is, I no longer have to wear glasses when driving and don't need any new reading glasses, as I can read better without them. I'm getting a new pair of prescription glasses as a sort of 'belt and braces' which I will use for watching telly if needed. Early signs of a cataract though, but no treatment required........yet !