• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

It were just the same at the dentist Catfan. "Me teeth are alright, but me gums have got to come out"!   smile2

• Like 1

Reminds me of a prank I played on the skilled man I was under when an apprentice at the ROF. 'Bob' always made his tea properly in a pot and his tea break was almost like a ceremony. Everything timed, stirred and poured to perfection in his favourite, pristine mug. Unfortunately I knocked it from the bench one day and smashed it. Ooower! Anyway I was able to glue it back together using condensed milk. He never noticed until the next tea 'ceremony' :rolleyes:

Morning All 

Well yesterday was just NO WORDS CAN SAY 

Went to QMC for a pre-Opp assessment arrived 10-30 was taken into a room by pre-opp nurse. May I just ask a few question's please, Wel never ever have I been ask so many questions, had a couple of opps before but this one beats them. About 1 00pm questions finished but still have to have bloods, weight, height and ECG, arrived home about 4-30 both master and I fell asleep. 

Thankfully yesterday lunchtime we both received a message from Randox informing us that the Day 2 PCR test we did following our trip to the USA was Negative so we were safe to go to a Charity Ball at the Nottingham Crowne Plaza.  The event was in aid of ‘Care After Combat’ which was set up some years ago by Jim Davidson for ex military personnel who got into a bit of bother and ended up in prison.  It was a great night with Jim on top form, I’ve always liked him although I know he’s not to everyone’s taste!  There was an Auction of various items, including a night at The Dorchester, with dinner, breakfast, spa treatment.  We bid on a day at the Auction House owned by Charles Hanson for a recording of Bargain Hunt, we won and this will be next September and includes breakfast and lunch.  Charles and his wife were on our table, as well as a really lovely knighted, retired Admiral of the Fleet.  It was a fab night which raised an incredible amount for military who have fallen on hard and difficult times.  We’re still suffering a bit of jet lag and didn’t wake up this morning til gone 9 am.

• Like 4

Picked the wife up from the railway station this morning.........after her Southern Jaunts..........just like Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson ...as we ran towards each other with arms stretched open...in slow motion.........caused a 'Giggle' on the platform...........

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

They were the days Ian...........Master Cutler,,,,,South Yorkshireman.......anyone remember the 'Dickie Dido'' ?  Bulwell to Annesley..........

Not a bad day today. Had a fuddle at my Friday club, good spread, enjoyed the Indian finger food, bahjis (spelling) etc. Good food and enjoyable company.

Got home and had a letter from NHS Bowel cancer screening saying sample was normal. Must admit this always gives me the collywobbles because of my husband, so great relief to get this. 
Took Jj for a walk and run after his ball on the park, back home fed him & he is asleep with his head on my knee. 
Life can be good some days despite covoid.

• Like 3

SG dogs can be a comfort. Yesterday my husband had a nasty fall and ended up in pronto soccorso ( A&E ) . He had just come back at 6.45 from taking our dog out.  He got a nasty bump on his head and was worried about his latest hip replacement. TC scan revealed everything was ok and so was the hip after xray. The hospital Dr said at his age he was extremely lucky. Two of his sisters fell only a couple of days ago. Back to dogs, when my husband fell the dog got so close to him and licked him everywhere and wouldn't leave him. She follows him everywhere.

It was a train usually pulled by a 'Tanker'' that took Railway workers from Bulwell Common to Annesley goods yard and obviously back again......my Grandad and Dad among them.....

Dido..stood for Day in..Day out..........

Glad to hear your husband had no ill effects from his fall NonnaB, apart from a thorough dog wash!
Just had an email from my energy provider to say I have got the warm home grant so £140 has been credited to my account which will pay next months bill and some of the month after. A good day just got better. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, I've just arrived at Thoresby this afto. All masked up and ready to go. Wiv a bit of luck and the Good Lord willing,I should be able to make the Wheelhouse on Tuesday. Had a shaky start on Wednesday,  had a bout of Vertigo after coming out the shower, but after a couple of days rest, we left Sussex this morning.

• Like 1