• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

We saw you @MargieH driving round and round that roundabout this morning!   We drove to Milton Keynes yesterday to spend time with the family and came back home this morning.  
As for the negative comments, I think it’s matured into a pleasant city and a decent area for families.  Our son was living in St Albans when they realised a bigger house was needed for their growing family.  They couldn’t afford what they wanted in ‘Snorbans’ but could in MK, on a quiet little lane with a handful of individual  style houses and a paddock across the lane.  There’s a network of cycle paths, lakes, parks, Grand Union Canal, woodlands and lots of entertainment venues.  I never imagined that the area I used to drive through regularly 40 years ago would turn into such a pleasant area.   I’m not saying I’d want to live there though !

• Like 1

I think Milton Keynes looks very pleasant with all those cycle/footpaths but I think they wouldn't be safe to use after dusk.  I do like those cute little food delivery robots though.  They remind me of K9.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Did you see the 'Peace Pagoda' Margie?

Worked MK a lot 80s and 90s........The Coop had a store in each district......some very interesting 'Shoplifters' down there......Mostly East-enders..who had moved there..........all claiming to know the 'Krays'.......bless em............

Had to cover the tomatoes last night temp dipped to -40 shovelled the snow now inside having a hot coffee with the wife to celebrate 50th anniversary brought her some muffin pans to make yorkshire puddings in,now she wants a new microwave what do you think Beekay?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Did you see the 'Peace Pagoda' Margie?

Worked MK a lot 80s and 90s........The Coop had a store in each district......some very interesting 'Shoplifters' down there......Mostly East-enders..who had moved there..........all claiming to know the 'Krays'.......bless em............

We only travel on H8 (Standing Way) on the way towards Buckingham.  There are 13 roundabouts and I know all their names!  The last one is called ‘Bottledump’ and this is the one where we did a 360 degree turn to go back home again.

About the Krays…. A woman I worked with had a twenty-something son who went to a party and one of the Krays was also there!

Heartiest Golden congratulations to you and Mrs Ian Finn, on your special day. Sincerely hope you're having a really great day.

Kindest regards, Beekay and 'er indoors.   :congrats:

BUY HER A BLOODY MICROWAVE YER TIGHTWAD (or maybe a Ninja airfryer).

• Like 1

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Ian!!  Mr and Mrs Mull are up for that in 2022.

Commiserations to all those who had Christmas disrupted by the virus, but at least current evidence seems to point to it getting a bit less lethal.

Mrs Mull and I went over to No.1 Daughter's yesterday, for a family gathering.  So that was No.1 daughter, her hubby and both kids, plus No.2 daughter, her partner and ickle baby Soleil.

All adults did LFTs before setting off and  shared pics of the negative results.  I fugured that the kids have been out of school for long enough for anything they had acquired to be shared with their parents and showing up by now.

Had a bit of a walk in the park, with the Grandkids, No.2 Daughter, baby and  the dog., then back to No.1 daughter's gaff in  Worsley, for party foods, prezzie exchange and silly games.  (Her kids like olives.. a sure sign of a middle class family.. ;) )

And then home at a sensible hour for old folks like us...

Ickle Soleil:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eB9GYdYLfYmQewQeA

Grumpy Grandad, No.2 daughter and No.1 Granddaughter.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z3idArwJv2ZpAMud7

• Like 2

Sat here thinking ?????  Now Now you lot my upstairs doe's work. some times.

Ita my Brithday soon wouldn't it be nice to have  big "PARTY" with a real live group playing music, free booze, lots of nibbles OH! NO!!! said wrong word again,  I mean food nibbles. and lets be our age.

SOME PARTY GAMES. 

Of cause all members would be invited 

one can only dream.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Had a bit of a walk in the park, with the Grandkids, No.2 Daughter, baby and  the dog., then back to No.1 daughter's gaff in  Worsley, for party foods, prezzie exchange and silly games.  (Her kids like olives.. a sure sign of a middle class family.. ;) )

Sounds like a good time was had by all.... good for you Col

• Like 1

Quick apology. Calling myself Mull..  My name on another forum is Mullardman..shortened to Mull..,

I sometimes forget...

Col.

Mr & Mrs Finn, Many congratulations on your 50 th wedding anniversary.

A bit late but hope you celebrated well.

• Like 1