• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I'm also unable to comment on what Andrew did or did not do, but I did make a mental note some time ago that the young lady claimed to have been abused by him on three separate occasions in three entirely different locations.  Now, there may be valid reasons why she was unable to escape such repeat treatment, but if there were not.. then the words of Lady Bracknell in Wilde's 'The Importance of Being Earnest' spring to mind...

To lose one (parent) may be regarded as a misfortune, to lose two looks like carelessness.’

10 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

The Plaintiff, as I understand it, was quite happy to accept large amounts of money from the perpetrator, Epstein. Not only that, she was quite willing to introduce her young friends to him, lured by the promise of yet more money. She knew what would befall them. Should there not be some case brought against her for her actions?

Another hefty payment was accepted to buy her silence. Now, it seems, she will want more than a substantial financial settlement because she wants to be 'vindicated'.  Personally, I would want to see an abuser shown up and shamed for what they had done (if, indeed, they had done it) but I would not accept a penny from them. Such money would be tainted and I wouldn't touch it.

Who has done what, or otherwise, only they know. More than the accused looks dodgy to me.

We’re on the same wavelength here Jill. My thoughts exactly. 

A few anxious moments this morning. My husband has had a cough the last few days and yesterday it was a bit worrying. This morning we both tested negative ...what a relief.

Was it frosty on the paths in Nottingham this morning?   Or was it a loose piece of paving?   Bet you looked round quickly to see if anyone saw you!  Hope you’re not too bruised (apart from your dignity :rolleyes:)

4 hours ago, radfordred said:

So you've not seen it either? 

I saw the photo first on my phone and because of my rubbish eyes I couldn’t see any detail.   I’ve now looked on a bigger screen and can see the problem ….   At least you had a reason for falling :)  

Just taken Jj out for his morning walk on the park. The fog is quite thick in some places. I must say I always find it quite eerie when you can hear footsteps and not see who it is. Reminds me of an old film, think it was a Hitchcock one, where there was a thick fog and you could hear footsteps as someone was being followed perhaps someone will know the title? Or was it a Jack the Ripper one? 
Anyway didn’t go to the end of the field on the park, kept in site of the path and gate and kept Jj on his flexI lead so he could still have a run around, he had a bit of a limp yesterday after jumping around after a ball, so we could beat a hasty retreat if needed as a I couldn’t see if anyone was at the bottom of the field. 
It was freezing, my face was frozen, glad to get back and have a hot drink. Just about thawed out now and a Jj is pleased he has got his coat off.

Brexit strikes again !

My son who lives in Holland always likes a Cornish calendar.

We bought one for the princely sum of £2 .

It was one of the square ones about 30cm square and cost us £5.50 to post using Royal Mail online app.

2 weeks later my son in Holland gets a letter demanding over 6 euros duty ,  payable online before they will deliver it ! 

I don't know what I did wrong on the customs form ?

Described it as "printed matter-calendar" and ticked the "gift" box and gave a value of £7 including postage.

So over £11 to post a £2 calendar.

Not worth the effort in the future.

Thanks for the kind thoughts.  We've had a bit of snow mixed with high winds rain and sleet.  It's now 7.00p.m. local time and quietened down a lot.  I was afraid the power might go off, but it didn't.  We have problems with trees falling on power lines when storms come through.  They are now forecasting another one by next weekend.  As we tell visitors, just don't eat the yellow snow.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I should have had a blood test on Thursday .  I usually have it done locally with occasional visits to Asti hospital. It’s always been on a Thursday but they’ve changed the day to Mondays. Fortunately my husband also had a blood test today and he took my appointment with him. When he returned I was told to go straight up as the hospital realised they had made a mistake. So I had to go out in the freezing cold and wasn’t very happy about it but as soon as I got to the end of the road I saw the whole range of mountains ( the Alps) bright pink. It was so beautiful and wanted to take a photo but thought I would take it on the way back. Only a few minutes but the beauty had disappeared leaving the mountains a dirty shade of pink fading away. But it cheered me up on such a cold and frosty morning.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, DAVIDW said:

Brexit strikes again !

My son who lives in Holland always likes a Cornish calendar.

We bought one for the princely sum of £2 .

It was one of the square ones about 30cm square and cost us £5.50 to post using Royal Mail online app.

2 weeks later my son in Holland gets a letter demanding over 6 euros duty ,  payable online before they will deliver it ! 

I don't know what I did wrong on the customs form ?

Described it as "printed matter-calendar" and ticked the "gift" box and gave a value of £7 including postage.

So over £11 to post a £2 calendar.

Not worth the effort in the future.

Yes it’s customs duty David. I was caught out a while ago I had to pay € 18.00 I ordered something from Amazon last week and didn’t realize that it  was coming from Royal Mail until it was too late to cancel . Probably another €18.00 

Im expecting another pack from UK but it’s a replacement item so I’m not going to accept it. So an item costing 66 £ plus € 18 is quite enough but then if I have to send it back myself it will be even more. So from now on no more items from UK. And look closely before ordering, I have prime so wasn’t expecting to pay above the price of the item. Very annoying.Yes I agree thanks Brexit you don’t realize what you’ve done.

( Delete if not appropriate)

• Like 1

David forgot to add if they deliver your calendar your son may have to pay more because that’s only the delivery charge he will probably have to pay customs charge too.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

David forgot to add if they deliver your calendar your son may have to pay more because that’s only the delivery charge he will probably have to pay customs charge too.

Thanks Nonna,

Absolutely crazy .

We used to send our grand daughter in Holland the odd gift now and then but it's just not worth the hassle now .

35 minutes ago, denshaw said:

Just watching East Midlands today, apparently today is Brew Monday.

I couldn't possibly comment...   slywink

• Like 1

My day was a little mixed.  I went to Wrightington Hospital for a second 'pre-op' for my planned knee replacements.  The outcome was less than inspiring..but I'll keep that for the 'Ailments, Aches, etc'. thread.

A short diversion...Does anybody have any knowledge about Whiteley Mills Hotel, on Nottingham Road, Stapleford. We're looking for somewhere to stay, when we come up to attend a wedding in May.? Thanks in anticipation. B.