• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Annswabey, thanks for your reply. I've been looking online, but I just wondered if anybody had personal knowledge of the hotel, or if they've heard any stories about it. I'm really getting bogged down with info overload. Also been looking at Travelodge, Wollaton, but I don't understand what they mean by 'breakfast to go'.(thought one would nip over to the Priory).

My day started early. We had a power cut yesterday so Mrs PP had to reset the bedside clock. She inadvertently set it 2 hours late! So, I got up at 5.15 instead of 7.15 :rolleyes: Anyway I just carried on as normal, took my meds then did 50 min on the exercise bike. It was interesting watching the business news before 6. Made  change from all the repetitive stuff churned out on the normal news. It seems a long time waiting for lunch. 

Full works here only on the sabbath. Otherwise a bowl of muesli and a mug of coffee. Oh and I forgot the mushrooms plus the toast and Cooper's Original marmalade to follow! Oh how I used to love the Little Chef's Olympic Breakfast when setting out on an early morning business trip!

On 1/20/2022 at 2:58 AM, philmayfield said:

Oh how I used to love the Little Chef's Olympic Breakfast when setting out on an early morning business trip!

So did I but much more choices when heading north to RR Barnoldswick than south down the A38 to RR Filton.

Ah, I think I've spotted a problem there, you don't play golf with marbles they're too small! No wonder you keep losing them...

• Like 1

My day , left home 7am Asti  Hospital for 8 and Alessandria by ambulance for 9. Had my P.E.T. was told I was ready to go home as the ambulance had come back for me then, sorry we'll have to do another one . Apparently they couldnt see my liver properly as sometimes happens. So another wait and this time I got really cold and after getting home 3hrs ago I'm just starting to thaw out. I've eaten a hot bowl of pastina in chicken broth which I thought would get me warm but it didnt..

Going to lie down now with a hot water bottle.

Results in a couple of weeks,

These things take longer and longer.

Today has been mostly spent muttering imprecations about a certain Mr Gates parentage.

After studiously ignoring daily pop-ups to install Windows 11, I finally capitulated and ticked the box. Disaster; instead of a nice new desktop, I ended with a rather large paperweight and the dreaded BSOD.

Long, long story short, I disconnected all the drives, returned it to Windows 10 and started again.  Several restarts later and it's now running 11…

Why did I bother?,  most of the new bells and whistles are uninstalled as not wanted or needed, and I've made the screen look the same as it did under 10.

Dinosaurs R Us OK.

Ah, but wait.. I've just done, an admittedly awkward upgrade, that cost....   err zilch, bugger all.

I would hazard a guess that your recent upgrade cost a good few hundred quid for something not all that different from the previous iteration.  ;)

Honestly don't know WB. My machine is quite complex and it refused to install until it was returned to a basic configuration.

It certainly looked different and there are numerous shortcuts on the desktop for social media, Amazon etc.  (junked).

I've spent an hour or so getting it to look like my 10 desktop and now can't tell the difference apart from some minor niggles.

It claims to be more secure, is faster and able to sync with more things, probably is and will do, but only if you sign in with a Microsoft account, a requirement I look at with leery eyes.

One thing I recommend is updating all hardware drivers and software etc. before the upgrade. It's known to be a little susceptible to falling over if some drivers are not up-to-date.

Would I recommend it? No, but then again, I said that about every upgrade since the days of DOS.

• Upvote 1

I do have an OBD reader but I've never had cause to use it in anger on our current cars. I've got a cupboard full of gadgets for setting timing and tuning and balancing carbs but unless I buy a 'classic' they're just museum pieces. The only car that recently gave me trouble (eight visits to the dealers in three years) I got rid of when the warranty expired.