• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Breakfast in ''Jeromes'' Bulwell this morning...£6.50 very nice...

Purchased small Ornamental Cat.. off Bulwell Market...50p....

Had Haircut in 'Geezers' £ 8..........

Met old friend..hes 80...known him since 1947...discussed our ''Footballing days'' and nights down the ''Palais''.......talked about going back down this weekend to see if we could still ''Pull''.....

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Coopers 3 oz jar Horseradish Sauce 1/6.........Marsdens Sneinton blvd 1961 ish.......

Colman's Horseradish Sauce Jar 136g(c.4.8 oz) 2022

£1.29
  • Like 1

It grows wild in the countryside round here. It’s a bit like a dock with broad curly leaves. Dig it up, chop the large root and grind it. Add water, salt and vinegar. It’s much stronger than the bought stuff and will bring tears to your eyes!!

31 minutes ago, Willow wilson said:

I think we'll have the Coopers. Can you deliver it. Ta.

Certainly can Mr Wilson........i know where you live...gave your Mavis a Croggie home last night........:)

Horseradish from Colman's has doubled in price and halved in size. 

Tesco own brand is better than their 'finest'.

Co-Op stuff is fine.

Home made needs more than vinegar 

Usually grated horseradish,vinegar and cream. 

Don’t ever try to grow horseradish. The root goes down for miles even if planted in a pot. If you are grating it you need to have windows and doors open otherwise it takes your breath away.

Mrs B

Just found out a relation of mine  got married..the other day.....they've been together 40 years..both in their 60s......hope shes not up the ''Duff''.......

21 hours ago, Brew said:

Is it me or has Compo not been around for awhile?   :unsure:

He’s been on Facebook today but he’s away on his jollies.  

So am I, but doubt I’m in the same place as Compo 

• Like 1

Just been informed, my next door neighbour, (who always beat me at Bingo) has sadly passed away, about an hour ago. She'd had a stroke, Clot on the brain and pneumonia. She was taken off all treatment on Tuesday, as she wasn't expected to last the day, (apart from Morphine). R.I. P. Betty.

Thank you Margie. In answer to your question, no, she wasn't on her own, she was in Brighton hospital and had her family with her. She died peacefully this morning, after a short illness. Her daughter took her to Haywards Heath hospital after complaining of shortness of breath and numbness, this was on the 15th. She was then rushed to Brighton after it was discovered she had a blood Clot on the brain. She was kept sedated and treatment was stopped when she failed to respond. This was her wishes.