How's your day?

On 3/25/2022 at 8:10 PM, Cliff Ton said:

I'd never previously heard of any of these systems, so I decided to try one at random......namely eConsult.

The opening page asked me to search for my GP practice. I put in its name, but the system didn't find it.

End of eConsultation.

I suppose that not all GP surgeries are 'signed up' to it. I access it via a link on my GPs website.

I mostly works.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

The last week or two have been very warm extending to quite hot( sunbathing) so I’ve spent a bit of time sitting out or gardening. We are desperate for rain. It’s not rained for more than 110 days and tomorrow rain is forecast but nothing new it’s been forecast before but remained dry. Trying to water new plants with well water but even that is drying out. It didn’t even snow this year only a slight covering that quickly cleared. Looking forward to seeing everywhere wet again after so long.

My day started with the realisation I do not have the strength I once did. Bought two (50 litres) bags of 'stuff'  for the patio plants from B&M and could hardly lift them out of the trolley.  Back in the day...  :(

It  went rapidly downhill after mooching around for awhile then sat and read this:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/nottingham

What the hell is wrong with people?

• Like 1

Yesterday I got a long awaited phone call from Cardiology at Wigan Hospital.  Bloke told me my heart is'quite weak', but I'm OK to have the proposed knee surgery, though with an increased risk.

He agreed with me that I need to balance the risk of surgery with the risk of problems from 'vegetating' due to an inability to get about and exercise.

I have a third 'pre op assessment' booked for next week on the 6th.  I called them and explained that Mrs Col has Covid.  They just told me to keep testing and if I stay negative, turn up as usual.

Which was nice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope not Brew. Good luck Col., hope it all goes well with your pre-op and wish you a speedy recovery with your new knee. B.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brew said:

It's been a bit of a saga Col, do you reckon the end is in sight now?

Not quite the wording I'd choose Jim.. but  I'm hoping to get a new knee quite soon..... :laugh:

• Like 3

P.S. 'Pre Op Assessments' have a 'lifetime' of 12 weeks, so I'm hoping that if this one goes OK, I'll get the surgery done in a f w weeks.

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Not quite the wording I'd choose Jim.. but  I'm hoping to get a new knee quite soon..... :laugh:

I see what you mean...  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Good luck with your knee opp DJ60  will ask our Nottm Forest to save you a place.   Once again all the best.

Well not a very good day so far, could not sleep, dog tried went to bed 10 00pm woke about 2 00am wide awake with  aching legs  so up i got did a bit of excise. Trouble then I am so wide awake what do I do, so here I am at this silly time reading/posting on nottstalgia. 

Had to cancel my holiday yesterday as my mobility is getting a lot worse and as we were going on a river cruise I thought it was easyer to cancel than fall off the side of the boat.

Mary, I fell in our local canal a couple of years ago purely through not acting my age! I’m a bit hesitant near water now so can see why you cancelled your cruise. Hopefully you can enjoy something less aquatic instead.

Mary, sorry you aren’t too good physically.  When I have to get up because I can’t sleep, I watch TV.  There’s a lot of rubbishy  stuff but some old films, also music from decades back.  At least there is on Freesat.  When I start feeling tired again usually after a couple of hours, I go back to bed.  Works for me…

and sorry you’ve had to cancel your river cruise.

• Like 1

Cruised down the river Leen once with my best mate Harry when we were about Ten........in a painters 'Dinghy' they'd been painting under the bridge at the back of Vernon Park and gone for their dinner i think.......

Got as far as ''Billy Bacons'' field and tied (moored) it there.........couldnt take it back Current too strong.......

Painters not best pleased...........

• Like 4

I remember, at the age of ten or eleven, a couple of us hired a rowing boat at the Trent embankment and rowed up to the toll bridge and back. Our parents didn’t seem too worried about us doing it and there was no problem with hiring. How times have changed!

• Upvote 1

Going cheap

One river Cruise in Portugal on the river Duro.

Contact Saga Please not me.