How's your day?

CT A good idea for the next one. Thanks. Might be a copyright issue though.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Thank you to everyone for my Happy Birthday messages, really appreciate it. Only another day older I keep telling myself. Would really love to be back though dancing on that stage at the Union Boat Club back in the day! Would look pretty stupid now though I guess. Sleep tight all x

• Like 2

I'm with you on that one mrs B would be nice if for just one night all of us could go back to our 20s.  Meet you all at the Union Boat Club  at our Friday night next week.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:58 AM, DJ360 said:

I got a phone call from Wrightington Pre Op.  "Our Nurse spelled your name wrong on your blood samples, so the Lab wouldn't accept them.. Can you come back and have them taken again..?"

"Why not?.. I've got nothing else to do..."

A few yrs ago my surgeon got my age wrong but I didnt realise until after my op waiting for my dismissal. It was still wrong when he gave it to me, so I waited and waited and finally got fedup. Decided to ring my oncologist to find out what to do. Onc told me to leave hospital and return home. Ten minutes before I got home Turin hospital rang to say I hadnt waited for my dismissal paper. Eventually it was sent to my onc at my usual hospital. This surgeon had made me wait on various occasions because we didnt receive a message where to go before my op. He thought it was my fault and we had ignored the message so on arrival in Turin there was a big argument between my husband and the surgeon. ( where we live doesnt have a reliable reception for phones, being between 2 hills)

• Like 1

Tried a 'Turkish Barber'' this morning........all i have is a number ' one..........and eyebrows trimmed.........

Conversation at the door went.........

How much for an old Man who just wants a number One ?

Whatever you want to Pay me...!!

Very pleasant conversation...had the number One plus 'Eyebrows''' also 'Razored'' me 'Sideburns''

Gave him a POUND.....and told him to keep the change''''

His face was a Turkish Picture'''

Then paid him Properly....was very funny...at least he had a sense humour.........lol

• Like 1

Bought a packet of Tomato seeds from the local garden centre - £3.99 - number of seeds, 5 - germination tally (so far), 1. Don't think I'm going to be competing with Aldi!!

Don't know what production machinery the seed merchants use but I could hardly see the blighters and as for weighing them, well, not going to be using kitchen scales are they?

Definitely too early for toms in an unheated greenhouse, this time of year is always a should I, shouldn’t I situation as you also have to bear in mind the length of the ripening season too. Very similar problem with beans too as they really only take 7-10 days to germinate inside and need to go out in a covered space to stop them going “leggy” If you put them in the soil too early though and you have a late frost in May like last year they will suffer. My advice would be to sow more seed than you need and wait to see what the weather does and react accordingly. If you end up with too many you can always give some away or swap them. Not of course if you only have 5 seeds in a packet and only one germinates which is really annoying. 

I don't have a greenhouse.  I have three 'Crimson Crush' and three 'Bella' on order from Suttons. They will take their chances up against the back wall of the house. If anything like last year I'll be hawking the little ones around the street trying to get rid...

I saw these this morning ,only a couple of hundred yards from Hucknall Market place. Spring has arrived and new life begins again, with all the new colours appearing all around us isnt it great to be alive.

ducklings.jpg

• Like 5

Ian, why don't you have your snow at the proper time like the rest of us. Our daffodils have been out since first week of January. 

Cheers Cocker !

• Like 2

I must thank @DJ360 for a long list of suggestions for our visit to Liverpool this week.  He gave me so many ideas of how to spend our time in the city and we had a brilliant time, including time at the Albert Docks, a trip along the Mersey on ‘Snowdrop’, the Peter Blake inspired ferry, a couple of hours in the Liverpool Museum, a fantastic evening spent in The Cavern which included a really fun few hours in the Live Lounge watching and spending time with an American group called The Falling Doves (who seemed to think we were influential promoters and gave us 3 of their CDs).  We took a 30 second ride in a lift up an observation tower 450 ft high and had the most amazing 360 degree view over the city.  We stayed in Hard Day’s Night Hotel but wouldn’t recommend it, it was tired and a bit scruffy but in a handy location.  They certainly like Greggs in Liverpool, we counted at least half a dozen outlets ……. but then their sausage rolls are to die for!   All in all an eye-opener, Liverpool puts Nottingham to shame, that City Council hasn’t demolished beautiful historic buildings and they look grand and clean.  We’re definitely going back again soon.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Glad you enjoyed your Liverpool trip Lizzie and sorry I couldn't get down to meet you in the Cavern.

I think the 450 foot tower you describe is St John's Beacon.  Something of a coincidence, since the first and last time I went up there was to show my brother and his mate around Liverpool on the morning of my wedding... 50 years ago today.:)

Meanwhile.. in other news...

Thursday afternoon I did a sesh on the weights. Thursday evening I went for a swim between 9 and 10 p.m. Did about 25 lengths.
Came home and had about 1/3rd bottle of wine and nodded off.
Woke up after an hour or so with crippling indigestion and a lot of wind. Took a swig of Gaviscon and sat about for a bit.
No improvement so had another swig of Gaviscon and an Esomeprazole and went to bed.
Couldn't sleep due to violent palpitations/irregular heart rhythm.
Got out of bed and back downstairs. Checked BP. All fine. Pulse rate raised and still very erratic heart rhythm.
Put it down to exercise and indigestion/wind. Swallowed a couple of Mg Diazepam, arranged pillows for a 'propped up' sleep and slept solidly from 4 :00.am to 8:30 a.m.

Got up. Still getting palpitations and irregular heart rhythm. Thinking these symptoms after exercise, or with indigestion are not unusual, but they are if still there 12 hours later...maybe not so much. Still happening at 12:00 noon so called 111 for advice.
After the interrogation I was advised to await an ambulance but it could be up to six hours so to call 999 if things got worse.

Things improved slowly throughout the afternoon until my heart rhythm was pretty much normal. After waiting 7 hours for an ambulance which never came, I received a call from a Paramedic, who, after further questioning strongly urged me to go to A&E and ask for an ECG and 'bloods'.

A&E was rammed full. I explained why I was there and, honestly but possibly foolishly said I had no chest pain. I need to re-think that because I didn't even have chest pain during a heart attack,, but..whatever, I was told they would 'ping' for an ECG.

3 hours later.... an ECG and the advice "you really should have come earlier..". (WT actual F??? ) Also told ECG needed to be seen by a Doctor.
Instructed to wait for Triage.

An hour later 2 minutes explaining stuff to Triage then instructed to wait for bloods.

One more hour later a woman totally failed to get any blood out of either arm. In a lifetime of having bloods taken, this has NEVER happened before. This woman was clearly incompetent and caused me considerable pain. Some guff about me being dehydrated, which caused me to wonder how my blood was circulating at all... She told me to wait to see the Doc, who would take the bloods, and confirmed I'd then have to wait for the blood results and the see Doc again. Wait for the Doc? 4 hours.

So realistically about 8 more hours to get to see Doc first time, then wait for bloods results,then see Doc again.

Sod that. I politely informed reception that having waited several hours for an ECG, two minutes with Triage and a failed attempt to extract blood, I would go home and take my chances.

Just had a bit of toast.
Going to bed..

Col you really need to come to the meeting.... so we can bollock you properly.

A heart problem, problems with your shoulder and knees, and whilst still suffering from the effects of sinusitis - you decide to lift weights then swim 600 odd metres? See where I'm going with this yet?

Dr Col then self diagnoses and  self medicates before  finally admitting something is not right and seeks professional help - well good for you... but wait there's more.

After spending sometime in A&E learning the results are enough of a concern to warrant seeing a doctor, decides the wait is far worse than the risk of ignoring the advice, and goes home!

Col for an intelligent bloke you amaze me...

• Like 1

What can one say Col you should get back and sort this problem out. (like Brew says.

Just one more thing  1/3 of  bottleof wine now come on? Master went for a blood test and mot due to Heart problems, nurse did all bits needed ( It hink for test)master said she seemed as though she could not get him out the door fast enough,  Now he is getting very tired each day but his heart attack was in 2000 and his meds have never been changed, he is still on the same meds that he stared on, the only ones gone down are the statins which after reading about aches with people taking two higher dose he self madicated. He did ask GP later if it was OK and at he time we lived at the coast and had a great GP. also when we live there each tie he went for a check up the nurse would due an EGC,  Opppss sorry getting of subject any way DJ back to the wine ? when master came out of seeing his nurse he had a big grin on his face ""the nurse say's I must drink plenty of liquid's so in stead  of one bottle of wine I had better drink 2 bottles" Any way if ever any members go to the coast ad need a doctor the

Dr Baxrter  and Nurse Rita are at Beacon Medical Practice Skeg!! also at Chapel / Ingoldmells. Just a plug for really good GPs Not many around now days.