• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

nonnaB  so sorry to hear of your sad news. My thoughts are with your family. Take care. 
Mrs B

18 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Which Cods Scallops are you on about @letsavagoo?  The Carrington one is very local for us and we’ve used it a lot since.  

It must be over a year since I went to the Carrington one. It was excellent but f & c is something I fancy occasionally so I’ve not been since. 

Sorry to be late in thanking you all for the condolences sent for the loss of my nephew.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:48 AM, Brew said:

Dr Col then self diagnoses and  self medicates

Not quite.  I took my own pulse and checked my BP. The use of prescribed drugs, for the purpose for which they were prescribed, does not quite constitute 'self medication'. :P

• Like 1

Yes Boss.. whatever you say Boss.... :rolleyes:

Haven't been in for a few days, so firstly, my condolences to Nonna, and thanks to all for Anniversary wishes.

As it is we had a lovely afternoon and evening with our oldest Liverpool friends, who even put balloons up for us and served up a truly delicious meal. These friends are Kev and Sheila.  Sheila was at school with Mrs Col. We invited them to ours a couple of days later, when they told us some very unwelcome news. Another friend, Joanne, was at school with Mrs Col and Sheila. She's also Kev's cousin. We knew she'd been ill but she's now in a hospice and in 'palliative care'. They knew on our anniversary but kept it from us until we met again a day or so later.

Unsurprisingly, we are all upset, but especially Mrs Col, who spent some time agonising about whether to go up to Scotland to see Joanne, but in the end we got back word that things are now 'immediate family only'.

Anticipating a need to drive up to Scotland sometime fairly soon I decided to give my car a long overdue oil change.  I decided  a while back to stop doing that sort of stuff, but nobody has a service spot any time soon for a sensible price so...  On the Civic, the 2.0 L engine fills the engine bay very full, and the oil filter is only accessible by reaching over the engine and feeling for it.  It wasn't me who changed it last time and the guy who did must have Herculean stength, because it took me an hour to get the filter loose.  I had a similar issue with the sump drain plug.  Still after a couple of hours of cursing, I'd completed the ten minute job. By the time that was done my knees were well and truly done...

Still no date for surgery.

Today I started re-polishing the headlight lenses on my car, as they are 'fogging' a bit. I'm using a Holt's Polishing Kit which is working well, but only got the job part done as after half an hour the knees gave up again...

Jim will be pleased to hear that I haven't swum or done weights since before my last 'wobble'.

I've got a few Cucumbers, Sweet Peas, Scarlet Morning Glory, Larkspur, Sunflower etc.. seeds started, and my Tomato 'Crimson Crush' have arrived from Sutton's.

All we need now is for the Siberian Hurricane to stop and all will be well. :)

• Like 3

Sadly just heard that Joanne passed away around 3:00 a.m.

She had a very full and interesting life. I first met her when she and her then boyfriend Pat passed through High Wycombe, where  Mrs Col and I were.. on their way to a spell in an Israeli Kibbutz. That would be 1971.

Later, they both worked in educational development for the British Council and lived abroad for most of their working lives, with spells in Sweden, India, Africa, Turkey, the far east, etc., etc.

Thanks Jim. She was. In fact a very interesting family.

DJ I’ve just caught up with your sad news . My condolences to you both, It’s sad when anyone dies but with close friends it hits you more. Ì lost a very dear friend years ago and her daughter wanted to phone me when she was I’ll but Pat didn’t want her to . She kept saying “ when I get better “ we weren’t in constant contact,me here and she in UK ,I planned to go to see her next time I was due to go to UK. It was so sad.

• Like 1

nonna, you will definitely have figgy pudding this year. Watch the weather UK peeps as tomorrow night is only 3deg. Tip for warming greenhouse if you are cutting grass,  put the cuttings in a black bag, leave open and put in your greenhouse. Whilst it warms up it will warm up your greenhouse too and it’s free heating.

• Like 3

Today I finished re-polishing the headlights on my car..to get rid of the 'fogging'.

Later.. Mrs Col drove me the half mile to the pub.  First time in weeks,but too far to walk. She picked me up later too..   She's not excluded..just doesn't much like sitting in the pub with a load of moaning old Gits...

No idea what she means..:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi HJ360       I have same problem with mobility, need help of master now where ever I go.

What I like though is it's like being let out of a prison and back to civilisation.      

• Like 1

Remember the marriage vows we took in our youth … “in sickness and in health”.  In the flush of young love, I know I never thought about what that really meant or what it would be like!  
Also, I knew in my head that I’d get old one day, but couldn’t imagine what that might be like, so I never thought any more about it - it was a long time in the future.  I didn’t know then that time speeds up the  older you get!!!

Col and Mary, it’s so good that your ‘other halves’ are looking out for you.x

• Like 5