• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Had me own meet-up last Saturday up at wollaton but nobody turned up, apart from all these wedding guests. It were a good do though, proper sit down dinner. Not a chip in sight. Not only that but could park right up at the entrance. Saw two major accidents on the M1 and another on the M40. Got home safely though. Looking forward to me nextĀ meet -up.

• Like 2

Iā€™ve been glued to the telly tonight trying to spot my husband and son at the Miami Grand Prix. Ā My sonā€™s team have been working on the track for the past few weeks and it looked spectacular. Ā 

• Like 1

Lizzie M I watched quali this morning and am now wasting the next hour till the race is on C4. My kids are in Florida but west coast near Clearwater, just FaceTimed them. Donā€™t know result so donā€™t tell me !

9 hours ago, Beekay said:Ā Saw two major accidents on the M1 and another on the M40. Got home safely though. Looking forward to me nextĀ meet -up.

how on earth did you get on to the M40? Ā Thatā€™s a bit out of your wayā€¦

Morning M

maybe Beekay wanted to look at the scenery or just might have got lost.?

Beekay knew exactly which way he were going, honest !

Margie, I always do that route, avoiding the lower end of M1, where it's like ' Death Race 2000'.

When coming home, it's M1 as far as junction 15 then onto A43 to M40, follow that to junction 16, M25, anti-clockwise to Junction 7, M23, down there then come off at Haywards Heath then we're on our bit.x

Ā 

As a footnote, think I might get married on day. That is, if 'er indoors let's me.Ā :rolleyes:

Ya never know Trogg, you might get invited to someone else's wedding. Or perhaps attend a medal presentation. I'll put me suit on to accompany you.

I bought one for my son's wedding five years ago. I think I might have put on a few pounds since then. When I was working I only wore a suit forĀ board meetings or seeingĀ customers. I gave my dinner suit to my son. I've not been to a formal dinner in 25 years. Do they still have them?

If you aren't fussy or image-conscious (I suspect I know the answer !)Ā  get a suit from Primark.

Ā 

Cheap enough to wear once and then ignore for ever more.

Ā 

You could even come to the next meet-up in it.

Sorry Jill, ain't no way I'm wearing a wedding dress. (I look a big enough prat in a suit).

My sons first wedding was 30 years ago, I wouldnt fit into that suit, even if I still had itĀ  and styles have changed. The sad thing for me is the wife has to have new dress, shoes, hat, hand bag the whole works.

Just read your comment on Kilts my son is head over heels with this lady, she is Scottish, and to please her he is wearing the clan kilt. I have promised not to make any comments , remember I have seen his legs.

• Like 1

On a windy day you may see a lot more that can never be unseen....slywink

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Beekay said:

Thank you Lizzie, here's a better one...

img20220509-11553641.jpg

Loverly photo of Tina, but I'm sure that not Big Ears.Ā  No!!! seriously though it's a very nice photo of you both, and I'm very pleased tomeet you both xx

Being a McDonald by birth (yeah we were those guys at Glencoe) I understand the kilt but you did have to have good legs. Huge yardage of material in those kilts which was actually why they were so warm but also pretty windy in Scotland. I do have some McDonald tartan (ha predictive text tried to make me put McDonald tarts , guess there were some of those too) I love Scotland so must be in my blood I suppose.