• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

No also tarts that were massacred Jill Sparrow. Love a good Bakewell. My sister in law made one once and forgot to put the jam in it and it has always been called the Bakeill tart not well. Still nice though.

Went to a Funeral to-day at Mansfield Crem,

On getting there we looked at the notice board to see which chaple it was in.  I knew that it had more that one chaple.  It was a friend of ours that we wanted to say our good-byes to. So we all got behind the que that was going into the first chaple. There was about  of us. Just a minute do any of you reconise any of the funeral people or any body in the que?  as I said there is more than one chapel. So off too the notice board to look at againg. Chapel no 2 was where we sould be. Where is chaple no2 ?? we had to ask, inaly made it late, but better late than never.  Recomendation to Mansfield Crem.

You need a map with thw chapel on where they are , then maybe people would arrive on time.

Hi Jill yes I agree but for some reason this one was only a notice on the board, and if you were a stranger at Mansfield Crem there no way of knowing how many chaple they have.

Well Friday 13th unlucky for some? or even Lucky?   i know why it's called that now

Had a 3 30 app at QMC for Ultra sound.

Missing the car like crazey but due to health conditions no longer feel safe to drive. So sold car money in the bank.  

Master and I with app being 3 30 decided to catch 11 45 bus into the city. Thought about dinner and we had called at a French Restrant on Milton st the other day and most impressed so booked res for 1 00pm dinner.  Arrived at bus stop with time to spear, well waited and waited for the bus. It ended up 20mins late, then giong into city hit road works. Telephoned res told them we would be late. No probs. they said. Then more hold ups we would never get to lunch and get a tram down to QMC for 3 30. So telephoned again and had to cancel. Lunch ended up steakbake fro Greggs. Did arrive at QMC in pleanty of time. 
GOOD NEWS after Ultra Sound the nice young doc told me that i did not have cancer. So on cloud nine,  Waited for the bus home and waited only one bus to Jacksdale each hour, but every 20 mins one to Eastwood then get a taxi. Still waiting for bus ANY!!! 3 did not turn up on time when one finaly came not many seats left and by the time it had gone a few stops, it was like being a sardine in a tin,  finaly arrived at Eastwood, was going for food and drink at the pub but by this time just wanted to get home, called in morrisons for bottle of wine, phone taxi arrived home 6-30ish, 

Sat on sofa Glass of wine in hand,

NO CANCER BUT IN HEVEN JUST SITTING ON SOFA WITH A BOTTLE WHOPPS SORRY GLASS IN MY HAND.

What more can one ask???

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Apart from your 'Good Result'' Mary.......what a nightmare day....

Pretty well sums up life in the wider world today.......travel no longer a pleasure...whether by public transport or Car......

• Like 1

Glad to hear your appointment turned out favourable Mary1947. 

Maybe you should treat yourself to a motorbike and have some stabilisers fitted, or perhaps one of those rental scooters that lay around everywhere. Take care gal  ! B.

• Like 1

Long day but ended good Mary,when i was at school at Alfreton i caught the C5 bus from there to Nuthall one day i missed the bus and walked to Jacksdale to catch the next one at the war memorial my mate at school lived in the big house across from the memorial his dad was dentist and thats where he had his practice Dr. Green was his name.

Been to a fair in the next village this afternoon.  There were near on. 100 vintage cars, scooters and motorbikes on display - thought of all you lot who like talking about cars!  There was also lots of stalls, music and a fun dog show - including the waggiest tail, best sausage catcher and scruffiest mutt and best child handler.  That was interesting as  some of the dogs were much stronger than their handlers! (But no-one got hurt)

There  was a low-flying Spitfire which flew past 3 times as well.

However,  it was TOO HOT so I feel

very tired now

• Like 2

Thanks members for thinking about me 

Just a few answers to your questions/

1/ Hi beekey just brought a mobility scooter ans guess what it called Green power 's Fastest scooter.

2/ Ian did not know dentist I do know about the blue C5 bus as the other apprentice who worked with me many-many years ago used to catch it home to Underwood. The house you are on about was sold the othr year, a young couple brought it.               

Philmayfield

3/ Sorry don't know many Jacksdale folk I'm a Nottingham person born and bred, in fact I'm an old St Ann's person. 

Well that's all folks

Margie, it's a pity you didn't have any pictures when you at the fair.

Pictures of old cars are always drooled over and discussed. Not to mention doggy pics., they're always a talking point. B.

• Like 1

BK. I wouldn't have been able to choose which vehicles to photograph - there were so many!  Same with the dogs - there were dozens of them altogether.  My favourite car was a lilac  Chevrolet - it was such a pretty colour

M did the lilac Chevroist have skellebobs on and gold speaks in the lilac?   if so it belongs to my Tal Chi instructor.

Mary, I didn’t notice what you describe but you’ll have to ask him/her? If they were at a fair in a Cambs fen village!

In her defence Forest where bottom of Championship when Mrs Red booked it & today’s her Birthday, been out to sea looking for turtles, booked a restaurant for later, found a bar that will put the Forest match on for me on one of the tellies, unfortunately Liverpool play @ the same time so will probably be surrounded by Micky Mouses :angry2: U-REDS  

FS8T8UkWIAEmS_d?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Happy Birthday Mrs Red.  Hope it will be a very happy result tonight too RR.  I’ll be watching on Sky of course, I’ll even wear a red T shirt ……! 

• Like 1

Definately a bit lucky, three missed/saved penalties. Sorry but are going to have to do much better against Huddersfield but here is hoping. Professional footballers missing three penalties to some extent shows what is wrong with todays game.

Good luck to the Stags in their second leg against Northampton, it is going to be a tough one too.

I'm a bit late but "Happy Brithday Mrs Red"""

just read last post of radfordred your just a softy at heart,

we know /you know/ don't try and hide 

wish some one would book me a table.

• Like 1