How's your day?

Happy belated birthday to Mrs Red - hope you managed to see some turtles!

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mary1947 said:

softy at heart,

The Greek receptionist I ordered the flowers from told Mrs Red I'm the complete gentleman :ohmy: think I'm in?

5 hours ago, MargieH said:

see some turtles

Sadly I have a strange feeling the turtle we spotted along with another 5/6 boats surrounding it may have been tethered to the sea bed, the trip did stipulate money back if no turtle spotted? 

Gutted I was not in attendance @ the City Ground last night been getting pictures & videos sent to me all day, I've always enjoyed a pitch invasions.

Checked Nottingham to St.Pancras @ half time £57 return. This morning £71 booked. 

4 hours ago, radfordred said:

Sadly I have a strange feeling the turtle we spotted along with another 5/6 boats surrounding it may have been tethered to the sea bed, the trip did stipulate money back if no turtle spotted? 

poor turtle….. I don’t know if you were joking but it may well be the case that it was staged somehow. - 
perhaps a tame one which is fed regularly by the boat people?

7 hours ago, radfordred said:

Checked Nottingham to St.Pancras @ half time £57 return. This morning £71 booked. 

East Midlands Trains cashing in then.

5 hours ago, MargieH said:

Sadly I have a strange feeling the turtle we spotted along with another 5/6 boats surrounding it may have been tethered to the sea bed, the trip did stipulate money back if no turtle spotted

It's entirely possible, they have a weird way of getting oxygen when submerged and can stay under water for hours at a time depending on temperature.

I have been moaning all day.  Proper worn aht nahh..

Morning all 

Member who gave there vote to my Joe, my grandson's rock group. Many Thanks this message came from my son Paul via facebook. Thrasonic!

Unfortuately the lads didn'tmake it but I would to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped by given them a vote.thumbsup If you haven't seen them and fancy finding out why,  they got to the semi finals then checkout there list of gigs or give them a listen on spotify.

If you also go to "Thrassonic" web page on facebook a thankyou message from the group.

Again a big Thankyou from me to members who voted

In Bulwell for a change today.....but what a morning..of 'Bump into's''............

1.  Chap that was my Babysitter from when i was 5 years old...

2. Store detective i worked with 20 years ago...

3. Brother of a bloke i used to go down Locarno with early 60s..Teenbeat tuesday nights...said he does'nt go nowadays  lol''

Bought some ''Old Spice'' Original...very expensive...Girl on the check out said ...''her Grandad used to wear that''....told her ''no chance of taking you out then ?''............come back when you got some on..and we'll see...said she..laughing...........going back tomorrow..:rolleyes:...............only in Bulwell for mornings like that..for me..........

• Like 5

The day started with the three-yearly mammogram! Bad enough but I've had a very painful left shoulder for the last two weeks after, presumably, pulling a muscle gardening.  So, I didn't want to hear, "I'm just going to put your arm up here.....!". Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

, Bulwell seems to be some kind of time-warp where no-one gets older and the past is always there.

Thats certainly true cliff ton in my case...........I've lived and lodged all over our pleasant land....but never found anywhere else like it............probably because all my larger family and friends originate there......

It still holds surprises for me in the people i ''Bump into''....and their sense of humour is unique........even most of the old buildings are still there......which cause many lovely memories..of work and play.......

Me and my favourite cousin are now the oldest in our bloodline........she still lives in Bulwell..........and over coffee a few weeks ago both said we want to finish up in Bulwell cemetery.......in about 50 years time.........:)

• Like 2

So what's wrong with Brut ? Its quite a palatable drink with petit fours. Or a cheese and onion roll.

Don't drink a lot Phil., I spill most of it. Especially when drinking out of camping stoves. :cheers:

• Like 1

It dunna look like anybody else is on @ 11.00pm. So....

Good Night Readers, Sweet Dreams. B.

Jill,

My dad always splashed on the Old Spice at Christmas. Certainly one of those aromas that takes me back.

Avon's Blue Blazer and Occur do the same for me.

Put on the right music and perfume/aftershave, close your eyes and  it's the nearest thing you'll get to a time machine.

• Like 2

Yes, Mess, that's true. At too concentrated a strength, Old Spice can literally take your breath away and the same goes for Avon's Occur!  In the late 60s, my sister was an Avon lady for a couple of years. Occur was Avon's equivalent of Marmite. People either loved it or detested it! It's not one of my favourites.

Mum used to wear Helena Rubinstein's Apple Blossom, which is very pleasant. I was a fan of Mary Quant's Havoc which had a very distinctive aroma. No longer produced. Better than carbolic soap! Smells of school!

My daughter bought me Old Spice a few years ago, it was so rank I think it's fake, it's still in the cupboard. Any perfume or fragrance used in excess is a no, no, yet some seem oblivious to the noxious cloud around them.

Perfume should be subtle, not a punch between the eyes.

Back in the day I had Aramis and Givenchy, still in the cabinet, but almost never wear it now. I think like many fashions wearing aftershave has had its day.

• Like 1