How's your day?

1 hour ago, Stavertongirl said:

Had a letter today saying my house is near a designated avian flu area. Only thing is it doesn’t tell you where it is! 

Me too and it has a survey attached to for me to fill in if I have any susceptible animals, which I don't.

Heanor town centre has a sign warning the public they are entering an infected area.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

On Sunday we had a car rally in the village. They all met very early and one by one they set off. Our road wasn’t closed off but at the corner were  the marshals directing straight up the road. We only live 200 m from the corner and it’s a narrow country road, we have space outside the gates for maybe 6 cars so fans of rallies decided to park their cars outside our gates leaving us very little space to get out. We did manage then put notices no parking and the odd paving brick to stop them. This morning driving out from home I pass a short cut which can be the joy of ralliers, up down dips and bumps sharp corners and curves narrow bits. I know the road well but this morning the road was full of skid marks long ones short ones and wavy ones. The noise was unbelievable so a peaceful Sunday wasn’t to be. The next one is in a couple of months. Look forward to it.:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DJ I spoke to soon, I have just had a phone call and I have no further need to isolate, my op on Thursday has been cancelled, I await another call to give me a new date. When that will be I dont know.

3 hours ago, trogg said:

DJ I spoke to soon, I have just had a phone call and I have no further need to isolate, my op on Thursday has been cancelled, I await another call to give me a new date. When that will be I dont know.

Drat..and double drat!!!  Hope they re-arrange soon.

Strange weather today ….  In order,  

warm but overcast

warm and sunny 

warm with light rain

thunder, lightning and hailstones with diameter of a 10p!
immediately afterwards - still very hot with bright blue sky and bright sunshine

windy with heavy rain

hot and sunny with no wind

at the moment - warm and very still ….

wonder what’ll be next

What’s it been like in Nottingham?

Lazy day today.......but came across this...i thought what a lovely tribute to the lovely late Una........

• Like 1

Not bad here in the valley. Warmish, occasional light rain. No hail or thunder. 42C in the greenhouses. Fantastic tomato, cucumber and pepper growing conditions. All the grass was cut on Thursday and it’s almost due for another.

Yes we have had some very changeable weather in Loughborough today. Almost as though it couldn’t make its mind up what to do and thought it would throw everything at us.

"BEST NEWS from QMC

Had a ladies opp January 2022

Had check-up to day at Treatment center,

Well said Dr P Hooper I think we have seen enough of you, go and don't come back. 

Many Thanks to all Doctors and Nurses in Gynaecology. at Treatment Center QMC 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well done Mary, bet you are well chuffed. What a bit of good news.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, MargieH said:

Strange weather today ….  In order,  

warm but overcast

warm and sunny 

warm with light rain

thunder, lightning and hailstones with diameter of a 10p!
immediately afterwards - still very hot with bright blue sky and bright sunshine

windy with heavy rain

hot and sunny with no wind

at the moment - warm and very still ….

wonder what’ll be next

What’s it been like in Nottingham?

Don’t know but it’s been the same here in Italy for 3 days.

Raining here today. Yesterday was quite sunny but with a cool breeze from the NW.

I've potted up all my vine Tomatoes, but the weather isn't too encouraging.  The cherry toms are growing very slowly.  All outside, against the back wall, to catch the sun..

I don't usually eat breakfast.. just lunch and an evening meal. But, I'm going to the dentist at 12:30 to have the broken stump of a tooth extracted, so I doubt I'll want to eat for a couple of hours.

The tooth was crowned a few years ago.  It caused two big painful abscesses before I had it root canal filled at the cost of about £380. It was left sealed at gum level with a view to a possible 'post crown' after it settled. It's now started causing a slow abscess and since I don't want anything to get in the way of knee surgery, it has to go....

I reckon I'm down about nine teeth now, not counting the wisdom teeth I had chiselled out from under my existing teeth many years ago. Apparently, for my age and c.f. the local 'demographic', I still have 'very good dentition'. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Remember years ago I had terrible toothache and that tooth had to come out. Like you DJ I didn’t have any breakfast and passed out after. The dentist wasn’t very happy, she shouted at me when you have an injection you MUST eat a hearty breakfast.

4 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Remember years ago I had terrible toothache and that tooth had to come out. Like you DJ I didn’t have any breakfast and passed out after. The dentist wasn’t very happy, she shouted at me when you have an injection you MUST eat a hearty breakfast.

Yep Nonna. I missed out the bit about how I don't usually have breakfast but I had a big bowl of Shreddies an hour before going to the dentist. The tooth didn't come out without a fight, but a knee on the chest wasn't necessary.

Anaesthetic wearing off now but not too sore. Can have a drink in an hour or so...Fancy a cup of tea.

• Upvote 1

Beautiful view from the window RR.  Hope you’ve had a really good holiday

Another productive day in the garden. I've been getting things in place and making stuff ready for the 'open gardens' week end that we are signed up for. The cider press and other kit will be taken out of storage and displayed to show how cider was made traditionally. All the barrels have been cut in half to use as planters except for one that remained in the back of the shed. I tried removing the barrel to use as part of the display but forgot that there was still some old cider in it. Ah! that should be nice vinegar now, so I poured some into a glass to check it out. WOW! It was still cider - and what cider! This was made 6 years ago and is in amazing condition. Heavy apple flavour with a hint of oak. Only had a couple of halves but that was enough to put a glow on thumbsup

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Just come back from our Wine Festival . This is the last day and considered the least busy but it was packed. 25 courtyards all busy with tastings of local specialities and wine producers as well the towns that are twinned with our village. Weather wise it stayed fine but 15 degrees cooler than yesterday ( 31c) took the dogs out and the wind from the alps was freezing cold. However from bathing costume and swimming yesterday to woolly poncho today it’s no wonder we don’t know what to wear. TV cameras were out and they interviewed my husband . Can’t wait to see it on Wednesday as the reporter and him had a whale of a time teasing each other about languages and Piemontese dialect.A shuttle took us up into the higher and prettier part of the village and it stopped just before my sons restaurant so I decided to have a starter there( prawns piri puri and a glass of Barbera.)From there walked on cobbles ( beautiful to look at but hell on your feet) to my daughters stall where I had a plate of gnocchi Castelmagno cheese with a swish of reduced Barbera and a glass of coke. Watched the band playing saw a lot of friends and relations , walked back to my sons and had a dessert. Caught the shuttle back and came home. Sorting fotos out to post. ( how the Italians celebrate in the summer). The adoptees of rows of vineyards will collect their wines later tonight.It’s been 2 years since we did this festivity so it’s a good send off for all the next ones.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Nice to see you two and James’ restaurant on your pics Nonna 

Thought you might have recognized James’s restaurant. It looks different from when you came. Nearly all the roads in Paese Alto are cobbled. It’s lovely to see it now as it really was an old style part but there are some beautiful houses up there and most have given up their courtyards for the 3 days wine festival. Each one has a musical group. 

• Like 1