How's your day?

Hope you are joking CT. A few yrs ago someone commented on fotos I posted but ended up joking. Those fotos were posted after a few hours of being taken. Nothing to do with NS but thought they were an insight to village life in Italy. Please delete them if necessary. I don’t like to think that it’s me posting them.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I was  joking/bemused !  I wasn't sure if you were aware of it, and what you might think of it.

I don't use Postimage myself, so don't know much about the inner workings and what it does.

I understand why those strange images/adverts appeared, but other people may be baffled or surprised !

Morning CT., just curious. So how do you post your images onto NS?

What method instead of Postimage. Cheers, B.

Since Photobucket upset everyone several years ago, I've used Imgur.

https://imgur.com/

The Homepage looks crowded and messy, but you only need to Register/Log in at the top right corner and then ignore all the other rubbish.

It doesn't come with embarrassing images either.

• Like 1

I also use it, it has to be the easiest of the free pic repositories to use and post from...

Change of subject....We were watching t'owd news channel earlier and "Lo and Behold" we actually saw Nottingham Market Square on the telly an' it were live ! Summat to do with a football team.

Council House still looks the same. B.

10 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I was  joking/bemused !  I wasn't sure if you were aware of it, and what you might think of it.

I don't use Postimage myself, so don't know much about the inner workings and what it does.

I understand why those strange images/adverts appeared, but other people may be baffled or surprised !

CT Thank goodness for that. It was Chulla that played that joke on me. I knew him well so didn’t think at the time that he would play a joke like that on me. But I had to ask.

My daughter has just told me that at the wine festival she served 2500 dishes of gnocchi. No wonder she’s tired after 3 days preparing and 3 days serving from mid day to midnight. She prepared 250 kg of cheese.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That’s a lot of cheese Nonna

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Beekay said:

Change of subject....We were watching t'owd news channel earlier and "Lo and Behold" we actually saw Nottingham Market Square on the telly an' it were live ! Summat to do with a football team.

Council House still looks the same. B.

Quite a few photos here showing the scene.

https://westbridgfordwire.com/pictures-thousands-welcome-nottingham-forest-home-with-championship-trophy/

Just looked through that lot CT., it appears very repetitive. I'd guess that the photographer just held his camera up and kept a finger on the button and fired away.

I'm not a football fan but well done Forest. I looked at all the photos and don't know if anyone noticed, but due to the occasion there weren't many fans smiling. The photos were far too many I think the photographer didn't want to miss a second. Getting halfway through I felt I'd seen them all when up popped The Council House. Lovely to see it again. But once again well done Forest. No doubt locals will be asking if I supported them. What can I say.

@MelissaJKellyit certainly is a wonderful, exciting time to be a Forest fan. I know a few people who made it to Wembley on Sunday, it would have been an unforgettable experience.  Our neighbour and his 9 year old were there and there are still Forest scarves hanging from all their windows today.  I watched yesterday’s celebrations on Notts TV but was listening to Radio Nottingham commentary.  My husband is decrying my pleasure of the team’s promotion because he’s a life-long Fulham supporter!  We’ll show ‘em hopefully.  

• Like 1

Saw a short clip of the Queen on balcony with her family on tv today. She looked amazing. I hope theres a better recount tonight. The bit I saw got me a bit emotional, the reception the Queen gets is wonderful it shows she is well loved. I wish her a longer life with the best of health. I remember watching her coronation when I was 10. Cant remember though if it was on tv or not. Shes had such a traumatic life with her children and so sad too but as the British say " a stiff upper lip".

If it were on TV Nonna, I would imagine not many folks would have a television back in 1953. Certainly nobody in our street had one. I do remember our school being taken to the Windsor cinema,(apt really) on Hartley Road, to see the Coronation, also "The Conquest of Everest" A lot happened that year ! I remember the girls received a lace handkerchief and us boys got a pen or propelling pencil. I swapped mine for a little brass sword within minutes.

We had a  very small TV and we invited our neighbours round to watch the Coronation.  I was a bit of a show-off and paraded round the room with my mum’s wedding veil on - it had a sort of tiara type headdress which I pretended was a crown!

• Like 2

I think my grandad who lived next door had a tv before we did, he also had an HMV record player which fascinated me. 

Morning all. Just had a phone call as we were about to walk out the door. It were from the eye clinic to say that they've had to cancel my wife's appointment, as they've just discovered she has a latex allergy. They said that she needs to be the first on the list so that there's no risk of contamination. She should have been at 10.00, now it's rescheduled for next Friday at 08.00, which means leaving at 06.45. Bugger, that's me lie in gone.