How's your day?

BK. Sorry about the postponed appointment today.  It’s horrible when you get all geared up for something like this and then it’s cancelled.

Hope you’ll both manage to have a nice day despite this.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I went to a public meeting today. It was in the former Methodist Church which is now the Parish Council Chamber. First time I've been in since the move and I was pleased to see that my 1992-3 Council Chairman smirk is still looking down on passing villagers.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NywjMKPcK9Vx74Wg7

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My day started well, I had an invitation from the local comune in collaboration with the church ( im not a catholic) and the local circle of friends of the museum. Not very exciting but a lovely thought to bring the community together. They have invited all the 80 year olds to attend to meet with the Sindaco ( who is a friend) then mass in the church. Afterwards all 80 yr old will be presented with a diploma and aperatives. This is done every year and also for those born in certain years who meet every 5 yrs . When teens reach their 18 th birthday they get together to celebrate roughly with the same process and end up usually having a good time then they meet up again when they're 21 and every 5 yrs after that. I get an invitation every time my birth year turns up. This time it should be good. 

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Jazzy tie Col!

Indeed Margie. I didn't really think that through did I? I was asked to go to a photo studio in my lunch break from work and it didn't occur that my tie would camouflage the 'Great Seal' of the Parish Council quite so effectively.

:laugh:

10 hours ago, DJ360 said:

was pleased to see that my 1992-3 Council Chairman smirk is still looking down on passing villagers.

Quite impressive Col, I shall remember to tug my forelock next we meet.   ;)

• Like 1

Not a bad start to the day really. Took 'er indoors for a cataract op this morning after two cancellations. Knew it were a bummer to get to the hospital, so up at 6.00am and left home at 6.45. No traffic so got there at 7.10, (they don't start till 8.00). Tina was first, due to her latex allergy, then it was drops in and away she goes. I sat  there with me free coffee waiting. She came out, patch on, looking like a space pirate, with a see-through cover. Out and finished by about 5 past 9.

Don't know what I expected but she came out chirpy and smiling, after being all het up for the last couple of days,(fear of the unknown). Then it's back on 25th July for check up. All is well.  B.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Beekay said:

Not a bad start to the day really. Took 'er indoors for a cataract op this morning after two cancellations. Knew it were a bummer to get to the hospital, so up at 6.00am and left home at 6.45. No traffic so got there at 7.10, (they don't start till 8.00). Tina was first, due to her latex allergy, then it was drops in and away she goes. I sat  there with me free coffee waiting. She came out, patch on, looking like a space pirate, with a see-through cover. Out and finished by about 5 past 9.

Don't know what I expected but she came out chirpy and smiling, after being all het up for the last couple of days,(fear of the unknown). Then it's back on 25th July for check up. All is well.  B.

What's it like being married to a space pirate,  glad all went well , not as scary as your wife imagined after all , thats great !

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

Get out of it, that's Gerry Adams :ohmy:

Hmmm, now that you mention it....    

Pleased al went well for Tina.  I had one cataract done over 20 years ago and it was like a miracle because  everything looked so clear and bright afterwards!  Please give her my best wishes.  
I’ve just had my next appt for an eye injection later this month.  I was beginning to think I wasn’t going to be having anymore as the last one was over 2 months ago but obviously I was wrong!  They are painless, just like a cataract op so that’s fine.

I went shopping this morning in Cambridge (I hate clothes shopping) with a friend who helped me choose something suitable for my eldest grandson’s wedding.  It was a successful trip so I’m nearly sorted now - just need shoes and bag and that’s not a big problem.  I’m feeling happy. :)  :) 

• Like 1

Breakfast in Bulwell this morning...........quite chilly walking down main street...but i was still in the minority of blokes who were not wearing shorts.......

• Like 2
On 6/10/2022 at 5:13 PM, IAN FINN said:

Good job Beekay hope er indoors is all ok Cheers.

Sunday 12th. Yes, she's doing fine, now she's calmed down. I think it was fear of the unknown. I passed on your good wishes. Cheers Ian.

Quiet today.

Yesterday I went to lunch with my youngest Granddaughter. She seems to have enjoyed herself...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gBa47yDvVHQsyJYt5

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

36c today. The flowers are withering after two waterings a day. Next week temperatures going higher.

• Like 1

Just a few degrees above average here at 35C and heat index of  42C pretty humid, the average for this time of years is 31C, so not much above average.

Almost summer!

Is it Val ?

Yes its Ben..int it........

Blimey...must be 50 years since i seen ya

More like 60....we were only just outa school..........

You were 'Courtin' Robbo off Teviot wern't ya?

Yes...finished up Marrying him...worse luck.........

Only lasted a year......caught him cheating on me......

You married Ben?

Yea a few times...........

You could hev bin one of em.....but you kept turning me down

Think i did right....you were too cheeky......

Anyway youre still a good looking girl...so i'll ask you again...any chance ?

Where you taking me ''Delphi'' ?

No Vernon..its cheaper.....

Great to see ya Ben...(she said laughing)

At that we went in 'Jerome's'' for coffee...and more ''Catch up''

Only happens in Bulwell..............yesterday.....

• Like 5