• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

They must be different because they're not ready for picking here until October and then they have to be bletted. They have a very acquired taste and are messy to eat. We only planted a tree to give us a varied assortment in the orchard. We have a quince tree also which is a similar oddity.

Definitely best to let the medlars ripen on the tree in the UK, wait till they start dropping off. Then just do the bletting and the David Lebovitz recipe for jelly. It does work. I agree though, they’re not the prettiest of fruit

Best of luck Col, thank goodness you haven’t got to wait any longer. Mrs B

15 hours ago, MRS B said:

I have made medlar jelly which has a really nice and a beautiful clear rosehip type colour when done.

MRS B, As you say you never stop leaning, until a day ago I had never heard of a Medlar in any form, now I find you can use the jelly for any number of things. Apparently it is very good on cold meats and with cheese and it even "starred" in an episode of Midsomer Murders, must have missed that one! I enjoy Quince jelly with cheese and if I see some Medlar jelly I'll give it a go.

Oztalgian, which way do you lean, left or right? Sorry, couldn’t resist that. Medlar jelly is great with all forms of meat hot or cold. Def with ploughman’s 

Medlars have been around for centuries.

12 minutes ago, MRS B said:

which way do you lean, left or right? Sorry, couldn’t resist that.

LEARNING and leaning more as I get older. It may have been around for centuries but I had never heard of it before yesterday. Being brought up in a colliery village i was not wise to the ways of you country folk Ooo Aarr!

• Upvote 1

Summer is here with a vengeance, too hot, windy and heavy rain all in one day. Festivities are practically in full swing. There’s another wine festival in a small nearby town actually the home of some Spumante’s. Last night in our village and for the next 6 Friday nights the road to the centre is closed because there are bands that play from 9 to midnight. Last night was the first so we went up to have a cocktail

( Pimms no:1) which I don’t think I’ve drunk one since I was 18 Actually the evening wasn’t a success as it usually is as there were few people around. Too many other attractions and festivities on the same night. Usually you can’t find anywhere to stand never mind sit down. This part where the photo was taken was outside my sons restaurant and it’s the old part of the village which is now so motivated that 2 new bars have opened and another restaurant too. It’s always busy but I remember when it was very quiet and nothing to see but now with foreign visitors it’s become the place to be, leaving the newer part a bit quiet.  What are you all doing for the summer?

Just noticed the photos I’ve just posted that it had added a bit of publicity without my permission:angry2:  I don’t know how this has happened or whether it’s only me that can see it. I don’t think I did anything different to what I usually do. Any ideas?

Just now, nonnaB said:

Just noticed the photos I’ve just posted that it had added a bit of publicity without my permission:angry2:  I don’t know how this has happened or whether it’s only me that can see it. I don’t think I did anything different to what I usually do. Any ideas?

Seen on reopening them that they are powered by Postimages! We don’t pay for the privilege but we have to advertise for them. Like supermarket shopping bags. The adverts weren’t even researches we look for. So much for tracking !

Thanks CT I can’t quote and type an answer so sorry if there’s a bit of confusion. No leave the photos as I posted but when I opened them to see if they were ok a load of adverts were attached. I’ve not seen them before when I’ve posted pics. Thanks anyway.

1 minute ago, Beekay said:

Can only see two pictures on my screen Nonna.x  B.

BK thanks that’s what I’d hoped not all the publicity that I saw.

There is more advert than photo, at first I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be looking at.

Edit:

After clicking on the small pics.

• Like 1

Nonna, When I tapped the photos, there was some other stuff there as well - a quote from Mr Trump and a weight loss advert!

• Like 1

On first looking at the post, I see two small photos arranged vertically. If I click on either of them I go to a Postimage page which has a lot of adverts.

The adverts include bungalows in Hull (!), and a lot of Dunelm products.

At least there are no glamorous ladies inviting me to join in their activities.

• Like 1

There is obviously some cookie or tracker on our machines which determine which adverts we see. I saw a cruise, an underground trip in Edinburgh and  holiday hotels... oh, and an invitation to meet girls from the Ukraine among others.

I'm going back up the page to see what I'm missing.

Actually, I didn't click on them, I just zoomed the screen.

Gonna see if I can find the lovey Ukraine ladies.    B.

Whoops !! You're right. Some unsuitable for adult audiences. (Not that I looked).

It's a great demonstration of how your internet activities are watched by dozens of digital spies noting where you go and what you look at.

Everyone clicking on those photos will have seen different adverts, based on what you've been looking at recently (supposedly).

I assume Brew hasn't really been investigating Ukrainian ladies; and I certainly haven't been looking at bungalows in Hull.

I often search  holiday adverts, so that's probably in my history.

I searched for decent hotels, booked on the internet and stayed in the Caledonian in Edinburgh

I also followed a BBC story about  Ukraine families and refugees and where they went, no ladies of any description were mentioned...

But! The trip to Edinburgh was before I built this machine, so it’s possible my IP is the trigger. Another possibility is our information is harvested and sold.