How's your day?

Well I clicked on the images just to see what adverts would appear, Nothing and I am always searching the internet. They must have worked out that from the sites I visit I must be plain boring.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brew said:

There is more advert than photo, at first I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be looking at.

Thought they had gone thanks to CT but apparently not. The photos are of me and husband and my son preparing cocktails. That’s all I posted but ads come up about cars and allsorts.   A pain nel culo.

Hope there’s no publicity now on these

91020546-DC7-E-4-DAC-BBE4-AD4-C9-F91-F4-
C95-C9009-283-C-4-B25-A69-F-11-DE9-AFAD0
Our nespole ( medlar)

• Like 1

Nothing on those adverts was what I was researching so goodness knows , maybe they think I might be interested in what they have to advertise. Not nice though if undesirable appears. But if CT didn’t remove the ads are they still there because I can’t see them anymore

Nonna, the ads only come up when you click on the pix. If you just zoom in there's no problem.   B.

Sorry for hogging this topic but its just occurred to me when posting photos does it matter how you choose to post? I usually post with direct link because for me it’s quicker from my phone. But posting the original photos I posted with whatever came so maybe that invited ads. Promise no more posts:hand:

• Like 1

I don't think the method of posting has any bearing on it nonna.

Adverts appear in Postimage because that's how they make their money; the image-hosting is free to you the user. With some services and apps, you can pay a premium to have no adverts.

• Upvote 1

A very satisfying, but tiring fist day of open gardens. We had a steady stream of visitors throughout the day - many of them sampling the cider. I've checked the dates and the cider was made in 2013 - so 9 years old. I wanted to display the barrel that was in the shed, which meant emptying it. I emptied 13 gallons into demijohns and a 6 gal earthenware container but it still kept coming! So the barrel is still in the shed and plenty of vintage cider to drink :cool: I put a warning notice on the earthenware jar saying that if you tried a sample it could make you ill or you may die! Made them want more.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well done PP. More power to yer pressing elbow. How long does the open gardens go on for?   B.

Many years ago we visited a cider farm in the Cotswolds. As I recollect it was in an old barn-like building with large barrels of cider along the wall. The proprietor staggered down the stairs to greet us. He was 'half cut', swaying around and with a strange grimace on his face. I paid my money and selected a pint to be poured. A pint was a mistake! I managed to drink it all but was rendered totally legless within minutes. My wife helped me to the car and drove me home where I slowly recovered. 

This was the second time I had been affected by cider. On a previous occasion we attended a Morgan car meeting near Malvern and drove over to Ledbury in Herefordshire. I had just one bottle of an unknown brew in a cafe where my legs buckled. Be very careful when tasting ciders!  :biggrin:

• Like 4

Normally I can hold my drink, not that I imbibe much these days, but home produced ciders seem to have a strange effect on me. I've just been walking round the orchard and we do have a glut of apples, mainly Bramleys, so I might get my scratter and fruit press out of the shed later this year. The Nottingham medlar tree is also laden but a couple of jars of jelly would be more than enough. I think I'll just leave them for the wildlife. There are neither quinces nor plums and we've only just managed to salvage a punnet of cherries before the birds eat them. The damson tree is hanging down to the ground with fruit and the pear trees have an abundance. The hay meadow is looking splendid as well. We normally open this up for one day in June for those interested in wild flowers, including wild orchids and yellow rattle, during the village 'open gardens' but that's been deferred until next year. It's much nicer being here than in an airport queue!

• Like 5

Phil, east ,west home is always best. I can imagine airports in this heat and especially as I see Ryan Air is on strike for a couple days. We had a terrific rain storm yesterday. It rained very heavily for 1/2 hr stopped and the sun came out and in 5-6 minutes the ground was dry. Temperatures going up to 39-40c. Im staying in all day with the windows and shutters closed until sunset then I'll emerge. Hope its not too hot tomorrow morning as its the celebration of 80 year olds this year and Im one of them.

• Like 2

As if to prove the point I've totally cocked  up this post, and that's just thinking about a beer..

• Like 1

@nonnaB i can feel  sympathetic regards your soaring temperature,  it's  35c here in the Philippines,  have take a midday siesta,  too hot to get in the garden , evening time is much nicer , abit cooler at 24c 

• Upvote 1

25665624-05-DF-40-FD-8-A40-9-ABF538690-B 2-E35-DA50-FB58-4-C6-F-8-CC5-73-A43719-F F970-F192-071-A-4323-A118-BC48442817-BA. These photos were taken this morning when all those with 80 th birthday this year we’re presented with flowers , wine and a certificate. 

• Like 7

Col, Hope you’ll have a very successful op tomorrow with  very little discomfort  afterwards x

• Like 1

DJ pleased to hear your saga is coming to an end and that you will get your op . It’s so frustrating when you’ve done everything right and in the right order then you have to hang around waiting for that vital phone call.

Recently my routine appointment which was booked 6 months ago had to be changed it coincides with a visit from my nephew who I’ve not seen in over 20 years. He’s only here 3 days so I thought I’d change the appointment! It took a couple of hours to finally get through to the correct dept. I asked for oncology and was answered by geriatric dept! Then oncologist hadn’t left his diary ( appointments are usually on PC aren’t they) However after about a dozen phone calls they finally rang me back with a choice of two times. This month with all the family we have had appointments and things to see to practically every day, I shall be glad when this month is finished. 
All the best for your op and a speedy recovery and RELAX.

• Like 1

That goes for me too DJ360 ! Hope all guz well fer tommorra. 

Don't get a case of the Col-lywobbles. Best wishes mate.    B.

• Like 1