• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Hop to it Col. We all kneed you back in the banter brigade. You can allus get a leg up. Get well soon mate !!Ā  Ā  B.

• Like 1

Col was going to ask if you'd been "done" but on reading I saw you were. I seem to be surrounded by patients at the moment. My sister in law is coming home today after shes had a complicated op and my dil is recovering from carpal tunnel op. I had my blood test the other day ready for my RM( mri)My son too has to have a review next week, my husband has a hip xray tomorrow my daughter had an xray last week. Ā Seems as though we are really badly placed but everything has been on the cards a while as all appointment have been delayed for different reasons. For example my appointment for MRI was booked in oncology 6 months ago now my daughter needs one she cant get one til Dec not even privately.

Back to you DJ take care and dont do anything you shouldnt and hope you have a quick and comfortable recovery.

• Like 1

Yep. Been diffficult last night and today. Loads of pain and being "off me face" on assorted drugs....but they've moved meĀ to a single room with a telly so it's onwards and upwards.

So they've had me drinking gallons of water for some reason, but now reckon my sodium is low and have givenĀ  me saltedĀ  crisps andĀ wantĀ  Ā me to restrict fluids...:blink:

Oxycontin and other drugs strarting t9ck in again and I can't type straight. Night all.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

walking on crutches.
Had my final crutch training with physio today. Then had a walkabout to see what I'd been unable to see whilst in my room. Ie.where I was.
Then I came home, tackled the stairs, figured out how to get in and out of our over bath shower safely and finally had a shower.
Am now officially knackeredd. But clean.
Enough for one day I think.
Came home with enough morphine and codeine to floor a Shire Horse, but since I only had paracetamol and ibuprofen today..I might risk a drop of gin tonight.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I might risk a drop of gin tonight

Ā Good that you're home and hope this is just a figure of speech Col,

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Nice to hear you're back in the land of living Col. Take care and best wishes for speedy recovery.Ā  Ā B.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with anything, but, as we had pork for lunch, I nipped over to the Bramley tree and picked myself some apples. Though they were only the size a bit bigger than a golf ball I peeled and cored them. Zapped them in t'owd microwave and hey presto, apple sauce for dinner. A bit sharp but that's just how I prefer it. Not be long before they're proper size.Ā  Ā B.

Hi Ian, I did make sure no bugger was lookingĀ :ninja: Didn't need any sweetener, just the apples.Ā  Ā B.

Ā 

Phil, I'll show you mine if you show me yours !

They zapped down to a lovely consistency.Ā 

Will your pickings be the same size as mine?Ā  Ā B.

Yep ! That sounds about right. My next door neighbour said, "They won't be ready for another couple of months". But I just said, "wanna bet"? Enjoy your meal mate.Ā  Ā B.