How's your day?

I certainly will. Local grown strawberries for pudding as well. All washed down with a bottle of Soave which I’ve had to take over to the workshop to unscrew. I didn’t think I’d lost my grip but this bottle required a mole wrench!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

IAN FINN I used  to go scrumping the apples at the  Bitterling (of glue factory fame) 

orchard on Cotgrave Lane, think this is the first time I’ve owned up to it publicly. With the help of someone else who lived on Cotgrave Lane who had a transport business. We had a hand made stick with a hook on the end, great for getting the apples off.

• Upvote 1

After 3 years of delays I have finally had my shoulder replaced again, now it is time for the painful exercises to be able to use it . As someone else has recently wrote thankyou for morphine, I agree, its great stuff, I am a wimp. My visit to the City hospital was completely different to the last one, the staff were absolutely magnificent nothing was to much trouble for them and the food you had to order what you wanted and it looked and tasted good, no more jokes about Hospital food.

Much to my disappointment I was unable to receive a doctors paper to excuse me from all housework , SWMBO states that I can start off slowly and build up over a short period , it will be good for me. With only the use of one arm for a duster I dont know what to do with my can of polish.

The meetup should be held soon so all those attending have a good time , I will miss you.

• Like 7

Pleased your shoulder has now been fixed.  Take care and keep doing the exercises (not housework lol)

You take it easy, young Trogg! Don't overdo it.

I wish someone would fix my shoulder. I've been in agony for nine weeks now. The quack says it's supraspinatus tendonitis and I have no idea how I acquired it.

Painkillers don't touch it, not even cocodamol. It wakes me in the night, causes pain if I try to lift my left arm and limits my driving. Housework? Forget it! In general, it's a bl**dy nuisance and I could do without it.

• Upvote 1

Great that you’ve been sorted Trogg, best wishes for a quick resumption to normal domestic duties and look forward to seeing you in the near future. 

@Jill Sparrowsorry you are in so much pain - it must be getting you down.  Have you been offered any specific treatment and exercises to do at home x

@Jill Sparrow

I sympathies,  once had a frozen shoulder and couldnt even put my hand behind my back to put ne coat on ,very painful business , hoping you get a resolution to your complaint , at least you can't raise a hand to clip hubby around the earhole !

• Like 1

@MargieH  I have some exercises but they just seem to make it worse. Tried frozen peas, heat pads, cold gels, heat sprays...all totally ineffective.  Years ago, I did something to the sacroiliac region of my back. Same sort of pain plus, occasionally, my right leg would buckle! I'm sure people thought I'd been putting gin on my cornflakes!  Painkillers made no difference. Six sessions of ultrasound with the physio also made no difference. First thing he asked me was could I touch my toes. I did so and bent the fingers of each hand under my feet without bending my knees. "I wish I could do that," said he, wistfully.

One day, months later, I noticed that I hadn't felt any discomfort for some time. I suspect it will be the same with this.

17 minutes ago, David sheridan said:

@Jill Sparrow

I sympathies,  once had a frozen shoulder and couldnt even put my hand behind my back to put ne coat on ,very painful business , hoping you get a resolution to your complaint , at least you can't raise a hand to clip hubby around the earhole !

My husband had the same thing,  couldn't reach back, couldn't sleep on that side. Went to see his doctor, who gave him a cortisone shot in his shoulder,  and instant relief. This must have been at least 6 months ago and still no pain,

• Like 1

@Jill Sparrow didn’t they offer a cortisone injection?  I suspect I know what your answer would be….

I had a shoulder problem (painful arc syndrome) many years ago and it lasted about 6 months… also I’ve had back problems on and off since I was 18.  Once , I remember my leg ‘buckled’ because of nerves from my spine and I ended up on the floor!  Felt very silly.

Hope the pain will soon lessen for you x

• Like 1

Well , we’ve had quite a day today and yesterday.My daughter had arranged a get together for all the helpers that served for her at the wine festival. They usually take them all for a pizza but this time she wanted to do it here.About 5.00 the sky went very dark, even darker, then a funny yellowish colour. I was looking out the window as it started to rain. All of a sudden it got so windy and I watched the fig tree ( it’s quite big and heavily laden) being blown back horizontally, I thought it was going to be uprooted.Both neighbours next door were struck by lightening. The gazebo roof was blown off and so was the shed roof which was blown into next doors garden.  Opposite a couple of trees were blown down next doors orange tree  and our lemon tree were blown over. The noise and wind was terrible and I have never seen a storm like this before. Since then we’ve heard of quite a bit of damage in the village. My son ran out in the middle of this storm to get to see if any damage had been done at his restaurant but apart from all the rubbish blown in he was lucky but the apartment nearby had the roof taken off.

This is most certainly one of the things we will have to accept due to climatic change. We were lucky and it’s brought it home to us that people whose homes are destroyed by tornados have all our sympathy and makes us realize how courageous they are. Wrote this yesterday and forgot to post. This morning I had my mri and had a few problems but on the way back we saw many trees and rooves ( or roofs) on the ground. Sun is out in all its brilliance surveying yesterdays damage.

@nonnaB that must have been scary when the storm came so suddenly.   Was it actually a tornado or just high winds?

Nonna, heard on the news this morning of warning issued by the authorities of a water shortage due to the hot weather. Would this be in your area? (Not withstanding your storm).

Mick, it's great to hear your shoulder has finally been sorted.

Maybe we can each think of the other as we do our exercises and get a sense of being in it together.

Two Bestwood lads eh? We can hack it.:laugh:

I've just completed my second set of exercises for today. Yesterday I took a day off completely to regain my mood etc.  Thing is, on Sunday, the swelling round my knee was increasing...along with the pain, and the dressing, which is like a giant plastic elastoplast, was filling with fluid. 

I decided to try Morphine alongside Paracetamol and Ibuprofen, but all it did was make me nauseous  and sleepy. It had little effect on the intense burning pain over the wound when I try to bend my knee. So  no more morphine for me, and no more codeine either because that just metabolises to morphine in the liver. I'll tough it out with Paracetamol  and Ibuprofen.

I hope the burning will stop when the dressing comes off and clips come out next Monday.

Are you taking the morphine with food? A friend of mine was prescribed morphine after a bad hernia op and was very sick when he took it without food. Put him off and he wouldn't take it again.

• Like 1

Col, sorry you’ve had so much pain.  Have you been told to keep the limb elevated?  Keep doing the exercises but don’t push them TOO hard.  I believe gentle  and regular exercise is the best at this point x

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Mick, it's great to hear your shoulder has finally been sorted.

Maybe we can each think of the other as we do our exercises and get a sense of being in it together.

Start your own Youtube Channel and we can all watch your activities.

• Like 2

Jill I took one lot with breakfast and next with lunch. I could have had four more doses that day but two were enough. Nausea, doziness and zero effect on the burning pain . In hospital they gave me Oxycodone in two forms Oxycontin is an extended release version which gave me hallucinations. Oxynorm is just the straight stuff. Neither made me sick, and they controlled the pain.

I can deal with the background pain which is a dull ache, but this burning over the wound is excruciating and I think I'm stuck with it till the staples come out next Mon. I have a physio appointment on Friday and will see what they say.

Margie, thanks. I'm trying to do just that. Rest with feet up, exercises and regular little walks.

And of course without the morphine..I can have a drop of wine or whatever at the end of a long day lying about moaning.

• Upvote 1