How's your day?

5 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

There's no hubby, David, but if there were there's nothing wrong with my right arm or both feet!

Rolling pin and frying pan fit well i imagine !!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Col, you can take 2 Paracetomol and 1 Ibuprofen every 4 hours if necessary, you no doubt know this? 
When my husband had a knee replacement the other year he was discharged with wrap around thingy that was attached to a flexible pipe that then went into a sealed bucket full of ice.  He had to use this as often as he wished and along with the physio exercises he was up and trotting about really quickly.  
In a few weeks all this will be just a distant memory and you’ll be out on your long walks again.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Beekay said:

Nonna, heard on the news this morning of warning issued by the authorities of a water shortage due to the hot weather. Would this be in your area? (Not withstanding your storm).

Barrie yes unfortunately it is. We aren’t desperate ( yet) but we are asked to be aware how much water we use. The vines are very precious so there’s worry for them. We are in an agricultural area, as well as grapes we are famous for peppers and hazelnuts.

After the storm of yesterday it’s slightly Cooler but still very hot.  Don’t know if you’ve heard part of a glacier collapsed yesterday and killed quite a few people. Sad as it was a sudden collapse.

4 hours ago, MargieH said:

@nonnaB that must have been scary when the storm came so suddenly.   Was it actually a tornado or just high winds?

It was very scary Margie, it wasn’t just high winds because although it lasted a long time ( or seemed to ) there was a bit of quiet before it started again so I presume it was a tornado. Certainly there was a lot of damage done, coming back from hospital this morning there were lots of trees down and one warehouse roof was completely ripped off. Don’t want to go through that again. I’ve stopped watering my flowering plants and they’ve all dried up.  But before we get a fine for using water I decided to forfeit the pleasure of beautiful flowers. 

Yes Nonna, I did see something about the glacier on YouTube. But heard on National news about your water rationing and it mentioned your area. We thought of you straight away.

That quiet spell in the storm and then starting again sounds a bit like 'the eye of a storm', the centre of a whirling wind. Usually, you get high wind then quiet and then the wind is back but blowing the opposite way.

Will be thinking of you, take care and best of luck. B & T.xx

Barrie didn’t notice the wind blowing in another direction, I was too concerned with the roof of the gazebo blowing so far and not being able to find it:laughing:.Seriously though it was very frightening. Today has started well brilliant blue sky and not even a breeze. Trying to do everything before it gets too hot.

That umpire sounds like either Barry White or James Earl Jones. How dramatic was the Rafa match with Taylor Fritz? Fortunate for Rafa he won and hopefully he will be able to play the semis against Kyrgios.

Mrs.B, alas, I don't like to watch Nadal as I find his compulsive twittering , touching shoulders, then ears, then nose, then forehead etc., all before serving, very irritating. I noticed he even has to make sure his drinks are absolutely spot on, in relation to his chair.

I'm being silly, I know, but there you are. As for Kyrgios, he just needs gaffa tape across his gob !    B.

Ah Beekay, once you get past the really annoying Rafa habits he is an amazing player and unlike other players (Kyrgios) plays every point as if it is his last.

this is what drives his fans to watch him. 
Pity I can’t help with his abdominal muscle injury LOL

Morning All

few post above

Are we talking about Boris?

Carefully continuing my exercises but I am not taking the morphine, I was talking to the fairies and having sensible conversations with them, so the morphine had to go. How is Col getting on, it must be hard having both knees done. Eating for me is a problem being right handed and not being able to use it means means a lot of my shirts etc have stains on them .  I now have a lot more understanding of people who have lost an upper limb and the never ending of their situation. 

What a beautiful day it is today must try to get my son to take me out and sit outside and have a coffee and watch the world go by, have a good one folks.

Good to hear you're coming along Trogg. It won't be long before your pint lifting arm will be back in action. Take care sunshine.    B.

Trogg, pleased you are still so positive.  I hope you get to go out with your son today x

Glad to hear you're making good progress, young Trogg.  Fairies? They gave my mother morphine once when she fractured her shoulder.  She kept trying to pick up the £50 notes that she said were all over the bed!

Looks like you'll have a mountain of washing to do when you're better!

Sounds like you are well on your way to get back to “ normal” activities. Keep going the right way and you’ll be fine.

@trogg wishing you a speedy recovery,  nice if your son can take you out , are you in a wheelchair ? Watch out your son dont let the handbrake off at the top of donkey hill !!!

Morning all  

Each moring for about 4 weeks a young lady Blackbird comes to our patio to get her breakfast of grapes.  

At first when I put the grapes out she would get as many as 4 in her beak she would shake her head to try to break them up, so being kind i would cut the grapes into little pieces. Then the bully male BlackBird would chase her off. You could see by the amount she use to take, that she had bables some where. Then  she would come  when you sat out slde and look at you with thoes sad eyes. So I would fetch cut up grapes and away she went, Next master sat out side and put the grapes in his hand and she started to take them from him. Then each morning when I parted the blinds she would come to the patio door and look in, one morning she waited on the step of the patio door till she had got her grapes, Then the other day she brought her young brood 2 loverly babies to show us, at the moment she still  comes for her grapes but not so often.

• Like 6

My blackbirds have done really well this year. They've raised one brood and are now busy with the next. They like grapes which I slice up for them. Each morning, I empty their breakfast of suet pellets, seed, mealworms and sliced grapes onto the bird table. Mrs Blackbird is always first in the queue but recently has been chased off by her own fledglings who are bigger than she is!  Ungrateful, ill  mannered children! It's a shame the fledglings have to lose their speckled plumage. They look so pretty.

• Like 2

Any excuse just to get out in the evenings while its still warm is what we all need as its so hot and humid. Last night we had a musical evening in the historic centre of the village. It wasnt full house as we had expected because lots of people have either gone to the mountains or to the sea ( thats what people do here) but there were just enough to create a lovely atmosphere. There was a mixed crowd. Young lovey dovey couples, young couples with their children and new babies, an occasional dog and old fogies like us. We had a light meal at my sons and listened to the music which was round the corner so we couldnt see but every now and again the soloist and sax player came round all the tables and mingled with cusomers sitting outside bars. The atmospere was great my husband and I sat having a drink and the mayor passed and then we all sat together. After a little while he got up and asked if the couple next to us were locals. We said no then my son told him they were American. He went over to them and asked them to join us. Well what a lovely couple they were. They live in SF but spend months in France. They wanted to know who and why there was this evening and we were pleased to say that the mayor was the culprit. They were over the moon to be included in this evening. The solo artist came to sing to us and then the sax player sat down and played a while til he got up and marched through the crouds still playing. An evening to remember village style.

• Like 3

50144-FA8-F976-4-DD1-B2-E5-131044-EDDF91Sax player before he played the pied piper trot.

8-DE05-C2-E-5-ACB-4970-A85-E-23-A504-F9-People were sitting outside bars. We were sitting at the first table on the right.

• Like 1

Today has been a good day. Had a couple of weeks feeling a bit rough, as I had been invigilating exams I did some covoid tests as some of the symptoms were a bit suspect but they all were negative thankfully. 
Been feeling better last couple of days, so this morning went out early with Jj for a walk before it got too hot, will take him out again later on when it has cooled down a bit again. Had a nice salad for dinner and then listened to one of my favourite podcasts (Small town murder).
After that I settled down with a cold drink (lime & lemon) and my mind wandered (as it is apt to do) to some of life’s more vexing questions.

Why when flies are in a window that opens and you open it for them why do they persist in hurling themselves at the glass?
How is it that my vet shows me how to give my dog liquid medicine & he takes it no trouble. But when I do it it ends up over the floor, walls, ceiling & me. None in the dog at all.

Why when I am in a crowd am I the only one that gets bitten by a mossie/gnat or terrorised by a wasp?
Why won’t my dog take his “palatable” dog worming tablets like the dogs in the adverts?
Why do spiders always run towards me?
Why when someone comes to my house to do some repair/upgrade do they explain things either in “tech talk” or as if I am 10 years old?
Why when the breeze blows in open windows do the blinds end up outside the window?
Oh well I suppose some mysteries are better left as that, all adds to life’s rich tapestry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Another one for you to peruse SG., ' How do they manage to get milk in coconuts?        B.x