How's your day?

Jill pity we missed each other.......after my treatment i could have practised my latest ''Chat-up'' lines on you'' ah well another time...

Glad your 92 year old Aunt is ok...........

• Like 3
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

@DJ360 I think if you are reasonably OK without opiate type meds then exercise + elevation sounds like a good idea.  But even when elevated, maybe a good idea to keep moving your toes and ankle and tensing and then relaxing the other muscles in your leg.  
Thinking of you x

@benjamin1945I hope the new  ‘voice box’ will work well for you.  Pleased you are still bantering (is that a word?) with the nurses.  So much better than being a MOG !

• Like 2

Don’t think it’s any news to UK but this weather is finally getting to me. 39 c and rising to 40 c plus. Suffering with my eyes, when I don’t drink enough water my eyes produce tears which last night got worse and I woke up with an infection. All eye drops we have were out of date. Hoped to get an appointment with dr but he’s full but he did manage to give me the name for some drops at chemist and he would hand in prescription . I have to see him on Monday.

55 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

Good luck to you ben and DJ as we used to say keep your pecker up

I’m sure you realise Ian that on your side of the pond pecker means penis whereas over here it alludes to being cheerful in a difficult situation. Take it as you will. :biggrin::biggrin:

Phil and Ian, I actually didn’t realise that pecker meant that in US until I said “keep your pecker up” to a team of US computer guys who were trying to fob the company off with a system that was useless for what we needed. The lead guy said “I don’t believe you just said that” Bit like fag means a ciggy here but definitely not stateside. We are back in the US in 2 months, have been going for the last 30 years but not since the pandemic kicked in. Anna Maria island on the west coast off Florida, can’t wait!

• Like 2

Phil and Mrs B thats like knock me up in the morning , UK means wake me up Stateside it means getting pregnant be careful what you say. Mrs B we have been to Anna Marie island when we are in Florida we stay at Regal Palms in Davenport our favourite beach is Cocoa Beach on the Space Coast enjoy.

• Like 1

Ian, we fell in love with Indian Shores beach, south of Clearwater some 30 years ago and booked the same condo for years until we fell out with the owners who never warned us that Cat bulldozers would be rejuvenating the beach after hurricane Irma 24/7 and it was totally impossible to sleep. Moving south a little to Anna Maria, have visited but never stayed. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Don’t think it’s any news to UK but this weather is finally getting to me. 39 c and rising to 40 c plus.

We call the days where it gets above 40 C "eye melting" days, having said that we could do with some here at the moment as it is cold wet and windy.

Stay cool everyone

Got a funny sun tan on cocoa beach! Walking along the tide line ( I know theres no tide line there but thats what ive always called nearto the waters edge) my husband had his arm and hand across my shoulder. We walked for ages and when we came into the shade we got strange looks. I had got a hand print across my shoulder, it looked really weird.

• Like 1

That’s very funny nonnaB. I can remember driving in Cocoa Beach one year in what can only be described as a tropical storm, horrendous. On that coast, Daytona Beach is probably the wackiest place I’ve ever been and St Augustine one of the nicest.

• Like 2

Speaking of differences in meanings between, the UK and US, when we first came here, someone said, get your fanny over here!. Whaaaat? Fanny is butt here.

• Like 1

Yeah we did that too in Daytona Ian. What a vibrant place, it never sleeps. We also did a trip one year starting in FLA and going through Alabama , Georgia, South And North Carolina, up the Blue Ridge Parkway (that’s where my photo is) and then flew Raleigh to Tampa and back home. We loved Georgia and Alabama, almost like time has stopped down there, spent miles following the rail line and timber wagons.

Happy day, I’ve been dismissed with follow up visits in oncology. After 12 yrs I’ve finally been given the ok to continue without visits scans etc. I’ve had every exam possible in the last 12 months but still have to have yearly checks but that’s ok. The MRI found a little problem with one of my kidneys but they are seeing to an appointment and will call me.( no peace for the wicked is there ?)

• Like 11

Well done ladies of the 3 steam irons. Game just finished...

England 2, España 1.  englandflag

• Like 2

The ladies are lionesses not Steam Irons . Well done gals!

• Like 1

Still being dominated by recovery from knee replacement, but seem to be getting there...
Yesterday part of my round the block walk was without crutches. Though I do carry them.
Having been on paracetamol only for around a week, I've decided to go drug free from now. I've never trusted paracetamol anyway.
So, just done first exercises of the the day 'solo' with no ill effects. Still struggling to get much better than an 80-90% bend, but leg is much stronger. Not sure whether I'm supposed to use operated leg to lead on steps and stairs yet, but I think that is key to getting real confidence back.

Onwards and upwards!!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Weather nice and cool this morning so nice to put some decent clothes on and get out for a bit............so for a change went into Bulwell.......Had a £10 voucher for Jerome's restaurant so thought i'd have a nice breakfast.........no such luck only doing drinks and cakes today........Just had Espresso and sat outside people watching......still lots of older blokes in shorts and Sandals with feet showing but also lots of 'Ay-Ups' from old friends........

Four out of the 6 ''Charity shops'' where i enjoy a browse were closed.......but bought a Cat figure from the Heart shop cost me a pound...but could'nt resist it..spendthrift that i am.........Regular lady on the till turned me down for a bit of a Jig even though the music was loud with a good beat........

Finally bought my favourite woman a bunch of Roses and headed home.......at least i had been out for a while.......and had some pleasant ''Interactions'''.......

• Like 4