How's your day?

@Jill Sparrowby coincidence I was a bridesmaid just the once in 1955, at the age of 5, and the other bridesmaid at the wedding, on Sneinton Dale somewhere, passed away yesterday.  Apparently she had a massive heart attack while out shopping and never regained consciousness.  Makes yer think! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

It's preferable to months of suffering, well that's how I'd choose to go.  Auntie keeps saying she doesn't know why she's still here. Even her younger sibling has gone. Told her they're all having such a good time, they don't want to share it and she won't be sent for til they've eaten all the cake.  It made her laugh. She has a wicked laugh, just like her mum - my grandma!

• Like 3

I recently paid £89.60 for a pair of wide and deep fit shoes, not designer looking just plain,  the most I've ever spent on shoes,, ever.

And £99 for custom made support insoles, but used in any /all my shoes.

I don't know about close neighbours, but St Louis folk are getting their feet wet, I heard 17 inches in 24 hours!! I'm just a few hundred miles from there, my wife has relatives in that city.

Her home town was flooded a few years back when the meremac river burst it's banks.

We've had about two inches of rain from the same system that's flooded St Louis and parts of Kentucky and Tennessee.

Shoes if you know your size and  what you want have a look at (sorry addmin for addvertising)  Clarks Sale they also do 1/2 sizes and you can somtimes get free postage and if the don't fit or you don't like them just send them back. 

Last pair of shoes i brought was £85 but got them from the sale for £20  but there is some times a drawback they did have the shoes in Grey, Navy, Beige, but the one's in the sale were pinky/purple but as they are flat and very comfortable. they wll not be going back, they look just great with jeans.

@MelissaJKelly Is it her first baby?  Pleased you’ve had such a great day.

we’ve had a good day too celebrating a thirteenth birthday of one of our grandchildren.  All the aunts, uncles and cousins were there as well so it was a bit busy (but good). Their little dog enjoyed herself looking for any food dropped on the floor and even stealing a whole sausage from one of the toddlers who was there.!

hope you are keeping well and happy xx

• Like 2

Ayup I have a dear friend ( pen friend actually) who lives in Kentucky and I’ve spent nearly all day trying to contact her. Finally managed to contact her daughter and she told me that she was quite away from the floods. Thank goodness. I still can’t phone her so I sent an email to which she replied. Visited her in ‘66 and she visited in Nottingham a year after, a friendship which has lasted since we were 13 at school , we are both almost 80.

• Like 2

Kentucky is a large state, I think the flooding is in the Mississippi valley side as the weather pattern is west to east at the moment, what those in Arizona call the monsoon rains. There's plenty more to come, it's still raining from the same lot right now here in Missouri, and forecast for the next 48 hours. I'm in the Ozarks, almost at the highest point at around 2000ft elevation. The Ozarks are an ancient mountain range that is made up of limestone and stretches from the Mississippi River and into western Oklahoma and north south from just south of St Louis into mid Arkansas. It's full of year round natural springs, biggest being Mammoth Spring just south of the state line with Arkansas, beautiful state park. The small town of Mammoth Spring sits at side of it, it also is the site of the old rail road station, alas, no passenger trains go through, only the BNSF freight trains carrying coal to the power stations along the Mississippi River.

• Like 1

David, good to hear you’re ok and thanks for the PM. When I worked for British Midland our A330’s used to come over to Manila for major services (think it was the cheapest place as a bloomin long way to go!) The crews loved it of course.

Keep safe.

Mrs B

• Like 1

Groggy this AM after playing several hours for a very very nice landlord's 70th in the Nags Head @ Saltby an impressive village where nearly all residents and their children turned out to make whoopee!! As the landlord is Irish loads of jigs, reels  and sentimental songs.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, MRS B said:

David, good to hear you’re ok and thanks for the PM. When I worked for British Midland our A330’s used to come over to Manila for major services (think it was the cheapest place as a bloomin long way to go!) The crews loved it of course.

Keep safe.

Mrs B

I live in laguna which is southern Luzon, much more peaceful than the capital city Manila, and far less crime !

On 7/30/2022 at 11:14 AM, benjamin1945 said:

..fancied some new shoes......Went in several shops but couldnt find anything i fancied......i tell a lie...there was one pair i quite liked....until i saw the price..£269.....do folk really spend that sort of money on shoes....

Went to Mansfield this morning to continue my Shoe Hunt''

Been about 3 years since i went and was very disappointed

Always enjoyed Mansfield and worked there years ago for Marsdens..Vernons and the big Coop...all now gone even the large Coop and the building looks very sad Peeling' away........

Even did a bit of courting there (you may be surprised to know lol) back in the 60s......did my impression of Albert Finney and got beat up behind the Pictures by two brothers who had a lovely sister......

Anyway back to my hunt for shoes....not only  couldnt find any i liked couldnt even find a shoe shop.........

However found a nice place for a good breakfast with good service.......and a big 'Charity shop' where i bought a Cat figurine'' dressed in Mens clothes standing up looking very Contemplative........caught my mood about Mansfield........

• Like 2

I drove through there last December, on me way back from Thoresby hall. Didn't recognise anywhere and it scared me witless. Not the Mansfield I recall, even Kings Mill looked ultra modern to my yokels eyes.

King's Mill hospital has been totally rebuilt and although the original dated back to before WW2, I don't think any of the original buildings survive now. I've watched the place reinvent itself since 2006, when my father died in the old Dukeries building (now gone). Bit by bit, the old corridors and bolt-on outbuildings have disappeared as the new PFI hospital swallowed them all up. I have seen enough of that place to last me a lifetime, given that both my parents spent their last earthly days there and numerous friends and relatives have been in there since. It's not my favourite haunt but, sometimes, needs must, despite the unpleasant memories.

Evening all!.

Not really been keeping up so hope all are well.

At present the old knee seems to be a full time job. Physio appointments, exercises, icing,elevating plus cooking etc. Mrs Col has abandoned me to go to look after Grandkids, Cats etc.

Neighbours have been brilliant, helping with bins etc. and picking up odd bits from shops for me. 

However I drew the line at asking neighbours to pick-up booze, so today I walked to shops for a bottle of gin.

Enjoyed going out, and had a couple of 'eyups', but when I got home, couldn't bend knee to sit down. Been in lots of pain since...

Lesson learned I think..

• Like 3

Hi DJ360   Glad your on the mend, missed your post. 

ps I hope you brought some mixers to go with your Gin.

Col, don’t over do it. Good to hear that your neighbours are helping out. We’re all guilty of thinking we can do more than we’re capable of, young minds, old bodies. Take it gently. Annoying but true.

Mrs B

@DJ360  good to see your post.  How far away are the shops?  Hope you’ve managed to get a good night’s sleep and that your knee will have settled down this morning x