How's your day?

Thanks all.

I think I've just been a silly boy. The shops are about 500m away so the round trip maybe 4 times anything I've done so far. Took me 1 hour and 20 mins including 'Eyups'. I guess standing for that length of time wasn't very smart so when I got home I literally couldn't bend my knee to sit down. The pain is the worst I've experienced so far, by a country mile.

It woke me at 05:30 this morning but I managed to doze until about 9:00.

I am still home alone till tonight but can get about with care..Will call the 'Enhanced Recovery Team' later for advice, just to be safe and to find out how much to push on with exercises etc.

Annoyed with myself because I'm not far off 6 weeks now and was hoping to start both driving and swimming soon.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

One of those never rains, but pours, days.

Went for my pre-op assessment for my prostatectomy, to get rid of the cancer they found a few weeks ago. Everything was going swimmingly until the nurse did an ECG. Turns out I have a previously-undiagnosed atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat) and the anaesthetist is unwilling to let me go through with the surgery until this is investigated further, so has referred me back to my GP.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to get past Attila the receptionist at some stage and speak to the GP to get a referral to Cardiology for them to decide if I’m safe to be operated on.

Rob I know the feeling. It seems we go to the moon and back when all is going well then you’re taken back to earth with news you weren’t expecting. Hope you soon get an appointment with cardiologist to be able to carry on with your op. I wish you all the best.

• Like 1

Thanks for the thoughts and advice, all. This is all quite new to me as I’ve never really had anything worse than a cold or Covid in the last 66 years, never even been in a hospital bed, and now have two things to get bothered about on top of the wife’s recent heart problems.

I’m just irritated, more than anything else, as I’ve built myself up for the operation and the subsequent recuperation period but now seem to be going backwards when there’s so many things I want to do. 

Hope all goes well Rob i had my prostate removed eight ago it was a four operation which was done lapriscopically  (spelling) i was home the next day at dinner time it was quite a pleasant experience as far as operations go i asked the Doctor if i would be able to play the piano after he said yes so i said thats great because i could not play it before the operation, hope everything gets sorted with heart problem all the best.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rob, Hope all will soon be sorted out and that cardiology will pass you as fit for the op.  

• Upvote 1

Rob apart from having my tonsils out and have stitches in my chin when I fell off my bike, I’d never been in a hospital until I came to live in Italy. I seemed to have everything wrong with me from knee op to major ops . But I’m here to tell the story so don’t worry it’ll be ok.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nonna, there's a lesson there...Don't go to Italy if you're in good health. (Only joking). Don't forget me pictures.x

• Like 1

A brief update. Rang the GP surgery at 8am. Start to finish, the call lasted less than five minutes. Got called back by the GP ten minutes later and by 9:15 I was sat in her consulting room, being tested. She’s prescribed the medication she thinks will help resolve the problem and is confident that the surgery can go ahead as planned.

Got to say I love the NHS!

• Like 4

Rob. Hope all goes well.
Meanwhile on the knee front.. Discussing with others it does seem that the one common factor is that there is no common factor. Recovery seems to take a different path for each individual and I've certainly experienced the 1 step forward 2 back thing.
At present I'm really struggling to bend the knee as far as previously, but on the positive side have got confident enough to move around the house carefully without crutches. (Except for stairs)

Of course the reality is that 'it is what it is' and just has to be dealt with. I have my 6 week follow up appt. with , I assume, the surgeon or his team next Weds. II'll explore a couple of issues with them and my 1:1 physio wants to see me immediately after.
Meanwhile I got a call out of the blue from a young lady who introduced herself as a 'Heart Failure Nurse'. An encouraging title...:(...she also wants to see me on Weds, to discuss optimising my meds. Seems my Cardio Consultant has discharged me into her care.. He's told her I have peripheral oedema, which I don't.. so it should be interesting to see what else he's got wrong...:D
 Onwards and upwards!!
  • Like 1

Watching Nature,

Yesterday out side, having a loverly G nT went for a minute to give one of my flower basket some water.

Sat down to finish my G n T and inside my drink lay a very large bumblebee. Well what a way to go drowned in a G n T, gentely I scooped it out and placed him on the table. Then I saw one of his legs move, then his other leg, nexr his antena's  then very slowly he raised up, but only one of his wings looked in good shape, then he started to walk, before i could help him he had fallen on to our decking, walking quite merily along the decking, then out of a join ran a big spider. Well thats the end (i thought) but know the Bumblebee frought off the spider and carried on along the decking.

WHAT COURAGE THAT LITTLE BUMBLBEE HAD.

• Like 3

Think sometimes insects and animals are more entertaining than humans. Only sometimes though.

He'll probably make a 'beeline' straight back to the hive, to explain to his missus where he's been.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BEE camera was a second thought after the pub crawl.

Today, I is sitting out on me bench under the kitchen window, contemplating on how I could put the world to rights. After much thought was giving me a headache, I decided not to bother..

So carried on with me coffee. Morning all !

20220809-113214.jpg

• Like 1