How's your day?

17 minutes ago, katyjay said:

Nonna. We will be in Sicily for 1 day around Sept 4 or 5. Can you get them to turn the heat down a bit before we get there, please? We are used to heat but not walking around in it!

Hey, that's a long to go for a day trip Kath. Going by rocket?

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Just been for a swim. :) They had to use the hoist to get me in and out of the pool, but once in it was fab.  Actually managed to swim a few lengths and get some upper body/cardio exercise.

During kids hols they have adults only swimming most mornings from 6:30 to 10:30.  I'll be having some of that !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well done you! Keep it up, great gentle exercise.

Today it is 139 years since my maternal grandfather Louis was born, in Allison Rise, St Ann's.  Slightly mind boggling to think that so much time has passed. Loved my grandad. He used to take me out in my pushchair most afternoons, sometimes onto the forest recreation ground where I could have a gentle push on the swings. Then we'd call in at the library on the way back. Grandad taught me to read and write before I started school. I owe him much. Thanks, Grandad and happy 139th!

Had a change today went into Kirkby instead of Bulwell..........getting a few ''Ey-ups'' now and some nice banter...slightly different accent to Bulwell but getting use to it.........

Nice cafe for breakfast...lady asked me '''where yo bin lately?''

Man with Market stall....'''got ya them ''Thunderpants'' you wanted''

Told him thanks....and asked if he could get me some ''Red Florrieescent socks''?

Said he'll try.......

Bought some White ''Socks''.........first time in 60 odd years.......think they making a come back....

After a long hiatus from my gigantic 8 legged nemeses ( google assured me this is the plural of nemesis although my iPad thinks it is nemesis’s) I went in my side room this morning and there was the biggest spider I have ever seen chilling on the wall. Big black thing built like Anthony Joshua. 
Went in to get my spider repatriation kit. Can you remember the scene in Jaws when Brody is dumping chum in the water and the shark surfaces and looks at him and he (Brody not the shark) says “We need a bigger boat”, well it was a bit like that I definitely needed a bigger spider kit.
So went back in kitchen and rummaged about, finally found a cup for soup with 2 handles which was big and deep enough but needed something to get the offender into it. Ended up with my long handled fluffy thing I use to dust above my doors etc. 
So deep breath and went to do battle now with an audience, a very excited dog, not because of what his brave mum was about to do, but because he wanted to savage my long handled fluffy thing. Took stock of the situation and tried to work out where was best to hold the pot so the spider didn’t land on my hand.

Finally decided to go for it, got my fluffy thing out of the dogs mouth and positioned it above the interloper and gently pushed it into the bowl quite successfully if I say so myself. I did have visions of it disappearing into the fluffy thing but perhaps it was asleep and I sneaked up on it. Looked in the bowl and to my horror she/he was climbing up the side as it was ridged inside and it could get purchase on the sides and it looked so much bigger, swear I could see it’s fangs. Quelled the impulse to just throw the bowl and ran across the room, seemed to take ages to get the door unlocked and open, should have planned better and done it before project evict spider, shook bowl so she/he went back to bottom and then she/he was deposited in next doors garden. 
Had a good shudder. Gave dog fluffy thing and had a cup of tea and chocolate biscuit or two. 
Just hope she/he tells its mates no vacancies this year in my side room!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

S.G. you really know how to live an exciting 'on the edge' life. Have you thought of partnering Steve Backshall or Sir David A.

Watched some of the European games this morning including the walking race.  Do they know how silly they look I wonder…. I reckon they’ll also probably end up with dodgy hips and ankles in later life.

Why don’t they introduce skipping races, Jumping races or any of the races we did at junior sports days.   They would be more entertaining than watching people unnaturally wiggling their way along the track!

On 7/27/2022 at 2:44 PM, Cliff Ton said:

Got some petrol from Morrisons earlier today.

£1.81. That was a surprise. It's down since the last time i went.

First visit since that occasion on 27th July.  It's now down to £1.68. They'll be giving it away soon.

Can't recall when i last put Petrol in the car........

i let the wife take care of little things like that.........:)