How's your day?

Back on the bike and rowing machine this morning after a 2 month lay off. A garden project, hot weather and not recovering fully from Covid made me give it a rest for a while. Only did a 20 min bike and 15 min rowing session but quite pleased with how I felt. So, back in the old routine :)....life is good.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Morning in Town first in at least 5 years...........was pleasantly surprised ......not that busy but a good few folk shopping......didnt go Broad Marsh end think that might have saddened me a bit........

Pleased to see my favourite clothes shop still going strong........''Slaters''

Good morning sir...how are you?

I'm wanting some ''Bracers'' you got any?

Certainly sir....'Wilf'.. show this gentleman where our 'Braces are...!

Here we are sir....Black...Blue...Mauve...checked...even white...

Chose the black one's...£9.....then spent half hour looking at Shirts...shoes..and trousers...

Great service just like the old days ''Are you being served''

Only downside was trying to work out how to pay for Parking.......Had to get assistance......Anyone would think i'm getting old....:Shock:

Altogether a nice morning...ending with 'Espresso'' in ''Cafe Nero'' again brilliant service with nice Banter....

• Like 4

@benjamin1945 I'd never heard of Slaters until your post despite probably having walked past them dozens of times. They obviously still stick to the principles of courtesy & service, unlike many shops where a surly, disinterested teenager, wearing jogging bottoms hanging round his backside, tears himself away from his phone to 'serve' you, calling you mate/dude/buddy. Got to admit the last time I wore braces was with No.2's

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

@benjamin1945Looked for you yesterday in Costa at King's Mill hospital. Auntie's in again. I think she's on the payroll these days! 

Maybe she's after getting an invite to their  Christmas party Jill.

• Like 1

It’s been a difficult couple of weeks for us.  Our youngest son’s best friend tragically died at the weekend.  They’ve been close friends for 30 years and been through a lot together, including the death 13 years ago of another schoolfriend from Pancreatic Cancer, aged only 30.  The boys were in a very serious car crash when they were 17 and were attacked by thugs about 10 years ago, resulting in our son having his left leg and knee completely smashed. 
Our son has been working in Tanzania since June and wasn’t due back for another few weeks but he’s so upset and needs to get home. Tonight he managed to get a flight from Dar es Salaam via Nairobi to Heathrow and will get in tomorrow afternoon.  The flight prices have gone through the roof, we assume due to the passing of the Queen, and he’s just forked out over £3000 for a one-way ticket.  

Also, our niece’s 14 year old daughter disappeared from home in Horsham. She went off without her mobile phone and no money, finally spotted by a friend’s parents on a train from London, after 36 hours.  She’d leapt over ticket barriers to get on trains, and (what’s particularly scary) was befriended by a man who bought her a meal.  Our niece is a detective and works in Child Protection and her recently retired husband was a detective working on the Levi Bellfield case a few years ago.  They were understandably beside themselves with worry and still don’t know why Molly ran away, there’d been no family arguments and she’s a normal young sports loving teenager and talented athlete.  

You really have had an unsettling couple of weeks Lizzie!

I hope your niece’s daughter will soon feel able to share why she went off like that- what a worry!

You are obviously feeling sad for your son, too.  I hope he’ll feel a little better when he gets back to the UK.  I’m sure you’ll feel better too…… (will there ever be a time when we don’t worry about our children I wonder)

Just went to Ashfield council site to register the car so I can use the rubbish tips. 

I had a giggle to myself when the first thing I read was!!!!

"""Do it online with Ashfield District Council """

Can any one explain this means please?

Another great day today. No workout but I was at the nearby village at 8 to do the 'final fettle'. It was the cider making festival today and my press and scratter had to function correctly. Set them up yesterday but fine tuned, greased and oiled them this morning. Then off to the local private trout lake to meet a dozen or so members for a bbq and a bit of fishing on a boat. Back home at 4.30 for splash and dash before returning with Mrs PP to the cider making festival. 130 gallons produced so far and loads more apples to scrat and press. No modern or electric gismos - all human powered. No shortage of enthusiasm from youngsters wanting to drive the scatter. I was so pleased to see that ancient machine being enjoyed and running so smoothly. Watching on, with a pint of last years vintage in hand was an added pleasure. Life is good :)

• Like 1

What a day!!

I accompanied my daughter to a hospital in Alessandria to have an MRI. We left home at 10.30 am to take the train in Asti.  Then after looking at a few shops we headed for the hospital, appointment at 3.45pm We were still very early so sat in a small park opposite and hoped to watch a bit of the Queens funeral. No internet. As soon as we found which of the many corridors we needed and as soon as we sat down the lady next to us told us there was an hours delay because the RMI machine was out of order.We waited 2 1/2 hrs We had missed 2 return trains and hope to catch the last train before hours wait. So we had to almost run to the station ( no taxies waiting)we arrived with 2 minutes to spare. I’m absolutely #%*^¥!!! Don’t  want to pass another day like this. We arrived home at 9.30pm

Thankyou Margie, I wasn’t sure about posting here but thought it might interest any wine drinkers. We have been awarded

“ one of the most beautiful villages in Italy”

It shows the general layout , vineyards, the vendemmia, pallavolo and concerts we have in summer . The film was taken in the top part of the village which is very pretty and wasn’t shown in the film. The village is split in two, the newer part is in the valley and this is the historic part. My sons restaurant is glimpsed with 2 people sitting in the courtyard at the table drinking wine. Another piece is the chef plating a quail. Rai TV have a film coming out in October showing a bit more of what goes off so looking forward to seeing it. My son said this morning that Rai TV is sending a drone out again to film a pallavolo match and a display of the Bandiere ( flag flyers). Loads of tourists around for new wines coming out and of course the truffle season.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A day for me to smile. Had my cancerous prostate removed yesterday and being allowed home today. From beginning to end the journey was painless. Yes, I’ll have to carry a catheter for a few days, and may have some Incontinence for a while, but at least I’m cancer-free!

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Rob.L said:

A day for me to smile. Had my cancerous prostate removed yesterday and being allowed home today. From beginning to end the journey was painless. Yes, I’ll have to carry a catheter for a few days, and  may have some Incontinence fora while, but at least I’m cancer-free!

Best wishes for your recovery!

Best wishes from me too Rob. After having a scare a few years ago, including tests, biopsies etc., it turned out to be enlarged prostate which was sorted by Finasteride. Was told I could stop treatment after things settled down,  but as I said to the consultant, if it's OK with you, I'll keep taking the tablets if it keeps things in check.