How's your day?

When we were in Wroxham last year, we had a Heron used to come and tap on the patio door in the mornings. I finished up hand feeding him with cheese or ham and one morning he even tried chicken. I've got the photographs to prove it.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Speechless (nearly)!

What next?

...reports of children identifying as cats and dogs in Manx schools

No policies are in place in Island schools to support the wishes of children who want to be identified as something other than human.

The Department of Education, Sport and Culture has confirmed a range of pastoral support is available to meet the ‘social and emotional needs’ of pupils.

Manx Radio asked for the information after reports of children wishing to identify as animals – including cats and dogs – whilst at school on the Island.

The 'furry' subculture sees people - of all ages - take on animal characteristics and has gained momentum thanks to social media.  

Talking of records,

Just got got back from our double shot jabs at surgery . Covid left arm, flu right arm both of us in and out in less than a minute.

Sat in the car to wait for 15 mins, or there abouts.

Dr. Sri, he red hot with injections, but he's bloody painful when doing cortorisations (spelling?). After taking a Papilloma of me back, he said that's what he was going to do and bloody hell did that hurt.

23 hours ago, West Bridgfordian said:

reports of children identifying as cats and dogs in Manx schools

Sheer lunacy in my opinion and they wonder why there are so many kids nowadays with so called mental health issues. The world has gone barking mad.

Social media has one hell of a lot to answer for.

• Upvote 1

I now identify as an Independent Idiot and speak fluent Idiocy. The world has gone mad and I cannot do anything to change it, so now if I can say what I want and if I unintentionally upset anybody they cannot complain as I am now a minority.

• Like 3
On 10/1/2022 at 12:13 PM, West Bridgfordian said:

.reports of children identifying as cats and dogs in Manx schools

The solution for the school head is easy, send the child home at the end of the day with a letter to the parents telling them the school only teaches children. Suggesting to them that as the child now thinks it is a dog and a dog trainer is the most suitable place for the child to go to, let the parents sort them out, if the child does have social and emotional needs it is up to them to arrange it. Schools with their budgets cut and work overload have neither the time , money or staff to deal with it. The child would always be welcome to attend the school again when they identify as a child.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Covid Jab on Saturday left me feeling rough yesterday, good night's kip and back rights......... I hope

Another day with a very lovely dawn.

A taxing morning: (forgive the allusion to a political topic)

A leaf compost to dig out in preparation for this year's harvest. Dodging hens!

A Sunbeam Motorcycle that refuses to start. Dicky mag and too many cc for an old git

A Riley to continue with a rewire. Yawn........

Morning siddah did you have your flu jab as well?

Is there any chance that you can get to the meetup it would be nice yo meet more members?

wereno1Thursday Oct 6th off to the Theatre royal to see The Carole King Muscial  Its all about the swinging 60s (I think)  

Well Sunday the 9th October is my Wedding Anniversary and I have worked it out that the master and I have been to-gether 59 years  met 2 years before married in his uncles pub "Blue Bell" on Alfred / Robin Hood St  

And they said it would not last!!!!!!!! 

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

met 2 years before married in his uncles pub "Blue Bell" on Alfred / Robin Hood St  

Not easy to find a photo of that pub; this is the only one which comes up.

https://picturenottingham.co.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/ntgm013236/posterid/ntgm013236.html