• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Had to take one of my little dogs to the vet because she was limping. Every week he comes to the village but when we phoned him he’d just left to go home but he said to ring after 4 pm . We decided to go straight to his surgery and we phoned him by car Bluetooth to say we were on our way Call went like this” ding dong( Bluetooth) 

me , “ call Saracco”  ( vet) a long pause and then “ which Jurassic, Jurassic one , two or three” 

We went into hysterical giggling and was ages before we could speak.

Still laughing now. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Beekay said:

@mary1947, can I put my order in now? Don't 4get the pork pie.x

just for you when we see you at one of meetups I will bring you one of Pauls (butcher) pork pies. x

• Like 1
14 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Had to take one of my little dogs to the vet because she was limping. Every week he comes to the village but when we phoned him he’d just left to go home but he said to ring after 4 pm . We decided to go straight to his surgery and we phoned him by car Bluetooth to say we were on our way Call went like this” ding dong( Bluetooth) 

me , “ call Saracco”  ( vet) a long pause and then “ which Jurassic, Jurassic one , two or three” 

We went into hysterical giggling and was ages before we could speak.

Still laughing now. :laughing:

Maybe it's because us oldies are like dinosaurs Nonna !

I have just received my order from British corner shop in which i ordered a couple of boxes of chocs.  Cant remember off hand what they were but hadnt noticed if they still had bounty in them. Just looked one is quality st and the other heroes but doesnt have bounty picture on side so imagine its been eliminated too.

Regarding Bounty. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they aren't just having supply/ cost issues with coconut and trying to turn that into a gimmick/ virtue.

"Cynical..? Moi?.."

As for my day. I'm having a day off..

My 'new' knee kept me awake much of the night..with pain from the 'tight ITBand'. I'm frankly not impressed. First time I reported this..at six weeks post op, I was told 'let's not go there'..then it was 14 weeks before the physio recognised the problem and told me that it would take 4-6 weeks of exercise to get it right. 4 weeks later she decided I'm looking at 3-6 months of 'regular and consistent' exercises to resolve it. She also encoraged me to continue walking. The exercises are taking up 2 hours every morning before I can get on with my day and after yesterday's, plus a walk to the shops, I was in even more pain. So..today..just rest....And a good moan ..

I have always really hated coconut from my very first taste of it as a small child.

I remember my Dad always used to bring one home from Goose fair, make a hole in it and drink the milk and then smash it with a hammer and would gnaw on it for a few days after. Yes Jill they still do make both Milky Bar and Caramac.

9 minutes ago, RadFordee said:

As an aside what is everyones favourite/least favourite Quality Street?

My favourite is the green triangle one and least is the toffee penny.

Back in the late 50s Quality St used to have a malt toffee which I loved.

One of my fondest memories of Christmas is with my cousins on Perry Rd in about 1959 when we munched our way through a tin of Cadbury’s Lucky Numbers. Who remembers them?

1 hour ago, Mess said:

One of my fondest memories of Christmas is with my cousins on Perry Rd in about 1959 when we munched our way through a tin of Cadbury’s Lucky Numbers. Who remembers them?

I cant remember Lucky Numbers Mess. 

Maybe they had gone by the time i was born in 1963?

Jill Sparrow;

My all time favourites were Milky Bar and Caramac. Not sure they still make them. I rarely eat choccies.

Caramac is still available, been in constant production since 1959 apparently.

Sold in Sainsbury Asda etc.

I had some (multipack) recently for the first time for many years.

I'd mentioned them to my nephew and he turned up with some, they didn't last long..

8 hours ago, RadFordee said:

@nonnaByou will be saved from having to eat the dreaded (in my opinion) Bounty ones as they are made by Mars. Quality street are Nestle and Heroes are Cadburys so you wont get Bounty in either:clapping:

Thankyou Radfordee because I don’t like Bounty either, it always got left in the box. I didn’t know who made what so thanks too for the info.