How's your day?

6 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Favorite has always been Crunchy bars

We had a few holidays in the 80's and 90's with Hey Arnold's Aunt in California and were always asked by her family to bring Crunchie and Cadbury's dairy milk barsĀ for them.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

3 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

going out now to do some snow blowing had a major blizzard overnight its shut everything downĀ 

Ā 

Has the snow arrived early over there Ian? Ā I was talking to my brother-in-law today, he lives in Victoria, BC and he was saying that snow is forecast for tomorrow, yet they have a temperate climate similar to the UK

Yes Lizzie it is earlier than normal the airport has cancelled flights and many roads are closed. It is supposed to snow for two more days but no blizzards hopefully, in Victoria it is usually wet snow the same as in the UK our temperatures are going to be well below normal at -13 for midweek thats the end of my garden until next year.

Ā 

Thanks for all the kind birthday greetings y'all.Ā  Yes had a crunchy.Ā  Mrs. L bought me box of chocolates and keeps the crunchies stocked up in the kitchen with me dog biscuits.Ā  :biggrin:

I never mention birthdays anymore gerrin' too owd.Ā  Always got fireworks when I were a pup.Ā  Easy cheap gift I guess.Ā  Hope y'all had a fun bonfire night.

Ā 

• Like 2

I'M not a ''PHEASANT PLUCKER'' i''m a Pheasant Pluckers son''

and i'm only plucking Pheasants till the ''Pheasant Pluckers'' come..........

Ā 

Ā 

sorry couldnt help it........

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

PeverilPerilĀ  Ā 

You'r asking what turns up at your fishing club.

"Not sure who he is or what he is but he goes by the name of "

wait for itĀ 

Ā 

YES ITS PP

• Like 1

I was the founding chairman of our fishing club back in the 80's. 200 members now and a waiting list. Still on the committee as environmental officer and currently undertaking projects for river habitat improvement and water quality monitoring.

This evening will be the inaugural meeting of a fly tying club that I'm starting up. It's in a different pub out in the Boondocks. Heavens knows what is going to turn up there???

17 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Amazing what turns up at our fishing club. Duck and pheasant last time but they are banned at the mo, so tonight? VenisonĀ :)Ā  ....love me game.

Ā 

No jokes about STAGgering out of the pub please....

How much for pint Pev at your club ? Is the beer deer ?

Wandered into M & S in the city centre this morning, mainly just out of idle curiosity, I hadnā€™t been in there for several years.

Ā 

One of the displays in the Mens section was offering 3 shirts for Ā£120 - which made me wonder if Iā€™d dropped into a parallel universe.

Ā 

Iā€™ll stick with Primark.

• Like 1

Just managed to catch up a bit and I missed Loppys birthday. Happy belated Loppy hope it was a good one. Favourate choccies... I dont have one but I have them all. The boxes I got from BCS are in my usual Christmas order and i dont open them before. Along with that I bought 4 large Aero caramel that they sais was being sold as they were near to BB date. They have got a long BB date and I'm annoyed I didnt get any more. The Ferrero factory is near us and they have just started making their chocolates again after the summer. So if you are buying your chocolates made by them you can be assured they are nice and fresh. Walking in Alba where they make them the air increases your weight its so heavy with a chocolaty smell.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Paid more than that in Moss bros. Kev.......skint now...

Iā€™ve almost given up on ā€˜Marksusā€™ā€™ having recently purchased a nice sweater in there and then saw an old lady being Ā interviewed on local news in Mansfield market place, wearing the same item. Ā It was bad enough seeing an OLD lady wearing it but in MANSFIELD! Ā 
Last year whilst in Miami I went very OTT extravagant and bought a Stella McCartney shirt for myself. Ā I absolutely love it but almost immediately had regrets at spending such a large amount on one little item that I wonā€™t wear very often because itā€™s too special. Ā 
Primark is very good for basics, such as t-shirts, which will set you back about the same amount as a Costa coffee, but Iā€™ve picked up some good deals at McArthur Glen at J28. Ā 

• Like 2

Thats the place i got me shirts Lizzie ..Mcarhtur Glenn....only 10 mins from me.....Good shopping place for clothes..........

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Wandered into M & S in the city centre this morning, mainly just out of idle curiosity, I hadnā€™t been in there for several years.

Ā 

One of the displays in the Mens section was offering 3 shirts for Ā£120 - which made me wonder if Iā€™d dropped into a parallel universe.

Ā 

Iā€™ll stick with Primark.

Ā 

I went to M&S a couple of weeks ago and bought two sweatshirts, a pair of trousers and a flat cap. Total Ā£130.

That's probably all I'll spend this year.

I have sufficient clothing for all occasions and apart from a couple of pairs of shoes, am unlikely to buy anything else for the foreseeable.Ā 

Also, by spending more than Ā£ 100, I discovered I qualified to buy a 'Beauty Advent Calender'.( A box full of 'product') 'Worth Ā£300', for only 40 quid.. So I actually saved Ā£260, plus another fiver saved by getting 2x 25 quid shirts for 45 quid.

Win Win...Ā :laugh:

AlsoĀ one of my daughters is keen on getting the 'Beauty Box' as a Christmas Prezzy. She isn't bothered about using it as an advent calendar.

Win Win Win.:laugh:

M&S in Southwell have a small food shop and a filling station. ForĀ the last two weeks theyā€™ve had the parking area closed off to install 2 electric charging points. I went today to use the cash machine but couldnā€™t park nearby. I parked in the only disabled spot, put on my best limp and walked to the machine. It was out of order! It looks like the building work will last for at least another week, the shop must be losing a fortune and how many people will use the chargers?