• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, trogg said:

Dos San Miguel is essential to know when visiting Spain.

Or better still Trogg, ¡ cuatro cervezas San Miguel !

You could always request, "¡ tiene cervezas para cuatro personas  ! "

Thing is RD, it's got nowt to do with this 'Woodworing' thread.

(But it means, 'in the city of Cuenca'. Which is the Castille region).

Your servant ma'am.

• Like 1

Yesterday, the Warm Hub in our village was visited by both BBC Look East and the main BBC.  They were filming for about 2 hours but of course there was only about 5 minutes on the local news at 6pm last night.  
Paul and our daughter were shown eating their soup and roll…. Lol …… and  a friend of mine was interviewed using the local authority help and advice bus which was also visiting the Warm Hub.  Paul and I are volunteers there but I had to stay at home yesterday because I was dog sitting!

I’d have probably hidden in the loo anyway as I don’t like cameras 

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Yesterday, the Warm Hub in our village was visited by both BBC Look East and the main BBC.  They were filming for about 2 hours but of course there was only about 5 minutes on the local news at 6pm last night.  

I found yesterday's Look East on iPlayer but didn't see your contribution.

Is this the correct programme ?   https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001f989/look-east-evening-news-16112022

They changed the last item into girl’s motor racing instead of our warm hub when it went on IPlayer!.  I’ll try to send a link….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001f99

i don’t think this will work

as I’ve copied it from my WhatsApp

ot has worked!  It starts from about 12 minutes in

• Like 2

Tell you what ! If that's Paul, then he's a dead ringer for an old pal of mine who lives at Eastbourne. Known him 57 years and added to that, I used to go to school with his wife at Douglas Road junior school, Ilkeston Road, Radford.

BK.  I’ve told Paul he has a doppelgänger!  
Jill, I suppose she is a bit like let me although she has very curly hair.

Apparently I was on the telly this morning, in the Bargain Hunt audience.  At the end of last year we went to a ‘Help for Heroes’  Charity event at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nottingham and we bought tickets for an auction at Charles Hanson’s auction rooms in Staffordshire and this was held in September.   Two episodes of Bargain Hunt were filmed during the day and a Children in Need auction too, so I might be on tv again this evening!  
I only knew about this because RobL sent me a screenshot ….. thank you Rob! 

I watched Bargain Hunt at lunchtime today but wasn’t looking particularly at the people who were there.  Will it be on iplayer?

Yes Margie, I've just had a looksee and it is on iplayer. Not only that, but you can download it if you want.

Your servant ma'am.

Screenshot-20221118-171621-BBC-i-Player.

On 11/17/2022 at 2:56 AM, trogg said:

Dos San Miguel is essential to know when visiting Spain.

Interestingly it started off in 1890 as a Philippines lager and was introduced to Spain just after WWII.

The Spanish rights were separated in 1953 and it became the Spanish beer we know today