How's your day?

I feel deeply privileged to be associated with so many famous TV personalities.:laugh:

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I’ve just watched Bargain Hunt on iPlayer.  The Subbuteo set was bought by a friend of ours who has a very strong interest in football, (he’s Chairman of a Club) but it was my husband who was doing the bidding for him as he didn’t want to be on the telly.   To be honest, Charles Hanson is such a brilliant auctioneer, he works the room so well and you’ve got no chance, you end up with so much unwanted stuff and an empty wallet, just by nodding your head!  It was a fun day out and interesting how they put these tv programmes together.  

Weather nice this morning...so had my first short burst on my newly serviced Bike........only a couple of miles but feel better for it........its loosened all me 'Bits'..........

• Like 1

Just spoke to my brother, who lives in Germany, they have had there first snowfall of the season, and it's bitterly cold.

It’s cold here too Mary. Snow on the mountains on the Lombardy side but none on the Piemonte side where we are but it’s still very cold.

Hi nonnaB hope you are well apart from the weather. It makes you wonder though if we have a really cold winter and we all have to have our heating on? what will happen?

Can you remember the jokes how many elephants can you get in a mini, the new joke will be how many folk will you get in a prison cell who can't afford to pay there electric bill.

I do feel it for the younger one's who have a morgatge and a couple of small children I remember what it was like when we had to younsters, we worked all the hours possible just so we live and have a yearly holiday.

My husband during the summer ordered some pellets. We heat with a pellet stove for hot water and CH Last year for a 25 kg pack we paid €6 now they cost €11. So it was a good move but at least we have enough for at least 2yrs. When they are finished we will have to go back on gas . In that we are lucky because we don’t have city gas we have GPL and the price hasn’t increased as yet but it is economical.At the moment the stove is on only an hour in the morning and evening. Once the house is warm with very thick walls it stays warm until the really cold weather sets in, which I hope won’t be in a hurry.

First time ive donated to a ''Charity shop'' this morning.........took 6 shirts and a casualj  jacket to the 'Cancer' shop in Bulwell......never thought about it before but strangely made me feel good.........

They were all in good condition and freshly laundered........they were just sat in my wardrobe not worn em for at least a year........made room for some ''New uns''......:wacko:

• Like 3

Just back from picking Mrs P up from Lincoln, traffic was horrendous took nearly an hour to cover the ten mile trip, we have two bypasses and still the traffic backs up while driving through the city, what next a third bypass? at least the traffic keeps moving in Nottingham albeit a bit slow, never mind back home now for some dinner and a nice cuppa

Rog

@benjamin1945there’ll be some smart geezers walking around Bulwell now then.  Well done.  
I take stuff to Cancer Research regularly and do Gift Aid so they write to me every year and tell me how much they’ve made on my donations, it’s very satisfying to know I’m helping the Charity and their customers.  I started donating when my Mum passed away 34 years ago and she’d got some nice clothes, including 3 Aquascutum coats, someone would have got a bargain there. 

• Like 1

"Happy buthday to me, Happy buthday to me,

Happy buthday dear Beekay.

Happy buthday to meeeeee ".

And that's my day started ! Looking forward to November 23rd next year, then I'll be an Octogenarian. (Assuming the Good Lord spares me).

• Like 2