• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Cheers Nonna.xx

@RadFordee, alas, no, I can't make it up to nottingham on the 15th as the day after I'm off to Warner at Littlecote house in Wiltshire. We are meeting up with Tina's sister and hubby for a Friday to Monday break. It's something we've been doing for about 15 years, usually up to Thoresby Hall, North notts. As we lost our youngest son at Christmas we tend to keep a low profile, so we have family get together before. Hope this makes sense.x

Happy Birthday Big Ears

:crazy:

Sorry you and Tina won't be at the meetup but I'm sure all members understand.

x

• Like 1

Bless ya Beekay, like all I understand too, will make you some cake another time. Mrs B. 

• Like 1

Wife back from her jaunting in London.......and as been regaling me with her exploits...which included trips to the ''Prince of Wales'' and ''Haymarket'' theatre's...........it does her the world of good she deserves the breaks from me.........:)

Two good results today.

Consultant confirms my PSA level has dropped dramatically, so he's as confident as he can be that I’m now free of prostate cancer.

Then, I get a call from Virgin to offer me a deal, after I’d dropped most of what I had been paying for up to last month. Net result is that I get my broadband speed doubled, Sky Sports, Sky Movies, free calls anytime, and they’re even throwing Netflix in. All that for less than half of what I was paying before, although it will cost me an extra 1p a month over the basic package I had moved to.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

t's raining so heavy and hard - and gone dark - some of the street lights have come on.

Same here in Wolverhampton. Tuesday and today; unbelievable rainfall. It's rained more than I have seen for a very long time!

In may of 2020 when covid was rife it was our golden wedding anniversary and we had planned a party. But as it happened we had to cancel because of lockdown. Jump forward to this coming Monday, my 80 th birthday and party been arranged for a while , guess what my husband has received his phone call for the hospital and is being operated on Monday. He should have gone 2 weeks ago he was all ready to go last Thursday they rang him an hour after and said they’d brought it forward to Tuesday, Better still then another phone call stating they had emergency cases and they would let him know for another appointment. We should have placed bets on this being Monday but at least now he’s going to be operated. Isn’t it sods law?

On 8/16/2018 at 12:05 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Was very close to two IRA bombs in the 70s........first was the Birmingham pub bombings in 74......was doing a course there,,and went out for the night,, a couple of locals suggested the 'Mulberry bush' (which was bombed) luckily and oddly an Irish chap who was with us,,suggested another Pub and we went there.

Can't believe its 48 years ago today when i had one of my nine lives........Birmingham pub bombings.............1974...........

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve had three of my nine lives. One in the air, one on the road and one at sea. It’s difficult to imagine where the other six are going to be!

Space (the final frontier)

Rog