• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Yes Catfan, the Mercure that’s 100 yards along the road is also full of them too.  Then there’s the Ebers Hotel (was once the respectable ‘Woodville’) that’s apparently a ‘half-way house’, the police are forever there sorting out the residents.  It’s probably very difficult for visitors to Nottingham to find a hotel bed these days.  

I suppose this should have been placed in buses thread but as it concerns my day, this is where it's staying. This morning our friendly postman delivered the BEST birthday present I've ever had. It consisted of a parcel containing two NCT buses. One AEC regent, which was the first bus I drove , with the number OTV151, my bus was OTV161. This was out of Bilborough depot, on the 16A route. The other bus is a Daimler fleetline, which was the last type of bus I drove before leaving in 1967. I'm sorry to bore the non-transport officianados but you cannot imagine my delight.

My sincerest million thanks to my benefactor, (you know who you are). It has brought than one tear to my eyes, as you cannot imagine how happy this has made me. Looking at them has taken me right back to the 1960s. From bottom of my heart, once again,

THANK YOU & GOD BLESS.  Barrie.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

I suppose this should have been placed in buses thread but as it concerns my day, this is where it's staying. This morning our friendly postman delivered the BEST birthday present I've ever had. It consisted of a parcel containing two NCT buses. One AEC regent, which was the first bus I drove , with the number OTV151, my bus was OTV161. This was out of Bilborough depot, on the 16A route. The other bus is a Daimler fleetline, which was the last type of bus I drove before leaving in 1967. I'm sorry to bore the non-transport officianados but you cannot imagine my delight.

My sincerest million thanks to my benefactor, (you know who you are). It has brought than one tear to my eyes, as you cannot imagine how happy this has made me. Looking at them has taken me right back to the 1960s. From bottom of my heart, once again,

THANK YOU & GOD BLESS.  Barrie.

Fantastic, really pleased for you and what a gesture from your benefactor, there are some great people out there and once in a while they crop up completely out of the blue, brilliant

Rog

• Like 2

As I see it, so called ‘Christmas’ is a pagan festival stolen by the Christians to celebrate the birth of someone who never existed. As I don’t belong to either of those factions I want nothing to do with the whole stupid business. Here endeth my lesson. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Thanks Rog, actually, they've not turned out too bad. ( Didn't include you on the dedication cos' I thought you'd be well up on these).

Glad you like 'em.  B.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

Pictures bring back memories can still hear that diesel knock while at the bus stop at slab square.

And the brake shoes moaning when they reversed into Pastures avenue Clifton

Rog

19 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Some of my family lived on Pastures Avenue until they went posh and moved to West Bridgford in the early 60s

Spent a lot of my early years just up Farnborough road from there from 1959 til about 1972

Rog