• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Car washed, leaves picked up off the garden (well most of them) fuel tank removed from vintage Lister D stationary engine for safe keeping in the shed for winter same with the Lister ST stationary engine, wild bird food feeders all topped up, now preparing a bit of lunch, 

Rog

46 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Car washed, leaves picked up off the garden (well most of them) fuel tank removed from vintage Lister D stationary engine for safe keeping in the shed for winter same with the Lister ST stationary engine, wild bird food feeders all topped up, now preparing a bit of lunch, 

Rog

Bloomin heck, I’ve only been up an hour! I am a bit of a night owl though and didn’t go to bed till 1am so it’s all relative really.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Never realised there was two 6 o-clocks in one day. :Shock:

It's 05.00 on Thursday ready to go to the Asda for 0.600, shopping done and the rest of the day is my own

Rog

We once went to Asda in Brighton for six am start so we could get an early breakfast. When we got there we found out that the café didn't open till 7.30. So that were a waste of bloody sleeping time.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, philmayfield said:

5 o’clock in the morning! Most of us are just getting home from clubbing. :biggrin:

It's all a dream and illusion now.:sleeping:

4 hours ago, trogg said:

You had a lay in then? I am normally up at 4 o'clock, I wish I wasn't.  

same here Trogg, after years of getting up early to go to work it's hard to break the habit, I don't mind though, like I said the whole day is my own to do what I want and for some reason I manage to keep busy for most of it

Rog

I tend to get up at first light then do my gym work before breakfast. So it was 7.15 today but 5 am in late spring. Some mornings during winter, like this morning, I do the gym work mid afternoon especially if there is sport or something interesting to watch on tv. 

In spite of all the controversy I am enjoying the World cup. I am not an expert on footy but like entertaining games - that's why I was pleased for S Korea who performed so well in their first match. Japan were surprisingly good too.

• Like 1

My day is finishing with the door bell ringing. Had to go down to the gate in the pouring rain and I was handed a single red rose. Card with it “to the most beautiful woman in the world , I love you like crazy” no name but it could only have come from husband. He’s coming out of hospital tomorrow. Beautiful surprise.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I went to see a film on Friday at Lakeside arts theatre (Highfields). It was about people living in St Anne's during 1969 pre demolition. People went to work full time and were struggling  to heat their homes and feed their family.

When you see todays news that people are struggling to heat their homes and are going to a food bank to survive you realise that things haven't changed that much in 53 years.

• Like 2

I keep trying to shrug it off, but it just keeps coming back and slapping me in the face??

AGE  !!!!   must admitt I am getting older. How do I know this?

The other day called in the chippy, this young feller next to me never took his eyes of his phone, thumb's going 19 to the dozen.  I said to the young man "What did we do before mobbies came out""  he replied "We used to talk" "Yes" " I said it's good to talk"" Then going into story mode i told him that when I first started work the big black phone rang!!  

Well shouted my manageress arn't you going to answer it?  at that time nobody had a telephone unless you were some one important. I did answer the phone but I was shaking all over.  Then  the man behind the counter "OH he said " I remember going to one of those red boxes and having to put in a 6d or1/- "  so me and my big mouth said "Well I remember going to a red box and putting 4 penny's in ""

The young fellow turned around and just said "WHATS PENNY'S"

Then the next shock!!!!

Here's your order  1 Fish 1 portion chips 2 fish bit's  £14 20  HOW MUCH ??

I think that I will find a dark room some where.

But it did not stop there!!!

The next day speaking to my brother on the phone who lives over in Germany. My brother was saying that it had been snowing all day, and it was very cold out side. In a bit of fun I just said!! well you had better get your Liberty Bodice on to keep you warm.

He replied "What's one of thoes "  Now he is only 4 years younger that me but if he can't remember about our Ben's Liberty bodice ? Well?

Then I know I'M Getting OLD

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Mary 1947 I knew I was getting old when I sat outside a café watching the world go by with a coffee when I struggled to stand up. That was bad enough but a woman who was I thought elderly came across and helped me stand up. Then I knew I was OLD.

• Like 2

It's gone!! The old washing machine that was left on the drive when the new one was delivered yesterday. What a scam by Curry's. Charge £20 to have your old machine taken away then leave it for the scrap man. All the EPS packaging is still on the drive though. The delivery driver and scrapman must be working together.