How's your day?

20 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:What a scam by Curry's. Charge £20 to have your old machine taken away then leave it for the scrap man. 

You don’t shop at the right place PP. I ordered a new washer a few weeks ago. I did try to order it on line at Curry’s but the ‘choose a delivery date’ part kept me going around in circles. It transpired although it let me place an order, the washer wasn’t in stock. In frustration I ordered from John Lewis. I did pay £20 for the old one to be removed and they loaded it on the van and took it away. 

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I tried to order (on line)a new laptop from Curry's last year, local store in Newark, out of stock so I tried ebay, same laptop but a bit cheaper so why not have that one, ordered it and was told two days delivery from,,,,,,,Curry's warehouse Newark about two miles from the store that was out of stock, 

Rog

Decided this morning to thin my 2 to 3 hundred books out.........i have a younger brother who is a Cricket fanatic....so ive given him 15 Auto/biographies...he is an avid reader not really a computer person.....so he is well pleased.......with his Christmas present.............

• Like 4

Been a cold owd day out here today but still managed a bike ride, called in at the surgery to pick up next months meds after getting a text message from them telling me they are ready, they weren't ready well all but one item anyway so it looks like I'll have to call in again tomorrow to pick the last item up while on my bike ride, other than that quite a good day and got a bit of work done in the shed and cleared more leaves off the garden, once all the leaves have gone off the silver birch tree I'm going to trim the branches back before it gets too big, up earlier tomorrow to go to the Asda for the weekly shop, all go intit

Rog

• Like 1
8 hours ago, plantfit said:

Been a cold owd day out here today but still managed a bike ride, called in at the surgery to pick up next months meds after getting a text message from them telling me they are ready, they weren't ready well all but one item anyway so it looks like I'll have to call in again tomorrow to pick the last item up while on my bike ride, other than that quite a good day and got a bit of work done in the shed and cleared more leaves off the garden, once all the leaves have gone off the silver birch tree I'm going to trim the branches back before it gets too big, up earlier tomorrow to go to the Asda for the weekly shop, all go intit

Rog

You can't keep a good man down !

18 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

i have a younger brother who is a Cricket fanatic....so ive given him 15 Auto/biographies

Don't suppose anyone is watching Australia pummel a powder puff West Indies bowling attack in the day/night test at Adelaide Oval after belting them in Perth.

What has happened to West Indian cricket? When fast bowlers like Charlie Griffith and Wes Hall struck the fear of god into opposing batsmen in the sixties and then later with Malcolm Marshall, Curtly Ambrose, Michael Holding, Andy Roberts and Courtney Walsh. With Garfield Sobers, Lance Gibbs and Sonny Ramadhin as spinners/seamers they were a force to be reckoned with. Today they are 8th in the ICC Test rankings, 10th in the ODI rankings, behind Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan and 7th in the 20/20 format.

• Like 1

Could 'Wax Lyrical' all day about some great West Indian cricketers OZ........Viv Richards...Clive Lloyd then there was the great 3 ws............Weekes..Worrall...Walcot........sad to say not anymore..........

Saw many of them down 'Trent Bridge'....and keeping it local...did you know 'Sobers' got married at ''Basford registry office''?...went to a party in Basford once and Everton Weekes was there as were a couple of others...

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Could 'Wax Lyrical' all day about some great West Indian cricketers

For me the great Sir Garfield Sobers was the most complete cricketer I have ever seen grace a cricket oval. Stylish batsman, left arm fast/medium bowler and a wily spinner. I knew he married an Australian girl but did not know it happened in Basford. I did a bit of research and found this short video of the event.

As they say you never stop learning.

• Like 2

I see that George 'Johnny' Johnson , the last member of The Dambusters, has passed on, aged 101. Johnson was the Bomb Aimer in Joe McCarthy's crew.  I've seen many documentaries involving Johnny and he was always a pleasure to listen to.  He achieved the rank of Squadron Leader before leaving the RAF and then became a teacher, working in Newark .

Brave man. He was only 21 when called upon to risk his life for his country doing a dangerous and unpleasant job but when it was over, he quietly made a new life for himself and got on with it.  There's a lesson there for a whinger named Harry, if he cares to learn it!

Fly high, Johnny, Happy Landings and well done!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Woke up with a raging sore throat, it’s been coming on for a couple of days but colds usually get better in about 2 days with me.  Decided to stay in bed, with the electric blanket on and had some medicine.  A roofing company were here to re-do a flat roof that sprung a leak the other week during all that heavy rain so I kept well out of the way.  All was going well until I heard some of the ceiling falling in in the next door room!   Thankfully the roof has been fixed but we now need a bit of a job doing on the bedroom ceiling.   It doesn’t stop there either …… next week we’re having new windows and doors installed, great time of year for all that work eh?  So long as it makes a difference to the warmth of this house!  

Lizzie… and the smart

meter man on Thursday morning?

hope your strep? throat will

soon get better x.  antibiotics ?

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Beekay said:

Just for Jill Sparrow and MrsB.....

Screenshot-20221207-204246-You-Tube.jpg

Awww beautiful cat Beekay 

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I think people are catching bugs because they're not wearing masks in confined spaces now. There were not many coughs and colds in the last couple of years, just the fear of  covid.

The problem of course is that we have been cocooned for so long that our immune system has also been cocooned. We might be vaxed for covid and flu but now the normal cold bugs are about we will get them. Good wishes for all those under the weather at the moment.

Mrs B

• Like 2

Just got back today from 4 nights at Bowness in the Lake District, beautiful clear cold weather and treated every morning to 2 fighter jets flying really low over Windermere. We met up with someone I used to go to go on the school bus with who now lives in Glasgow. Haven’t seen each other for 30+ years and just constant nattering for 3 hours. What joy. Back to reality now, everywhere was so dressed up for Christmas there, now I need to convert my house into Santa’s grotto!

5 mile cycle ride around the local lanes in a bit then get stuck in with a bit of baking, today will be mince pies and mini eccles mince pies, for dinner today I'm doing seasoned chicken breast fillets in the air fryer and some two minute rice with salad, nice and simple and all done in less than half an hour start to finish, if I got time later on I might change the tyres on my bike to winter tread tyres instead of the smooth dry ones,

Rog

Sounds like a lovely lunch!  Would suit me perfectly , unlike tje 5 mile bike ride…. Perhaps you should change the tyres BEFORE you go out - I presume it’s as frosty where you are as it is down here ?  
Just thought….. you’ll probably be back home again by now!

20 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Sounds like a lovely lunch!  Would suit me perfectly , unlike tje 5 mile bike ride…. Perhaps you should change the tyres BEFORE you go out - I presume it’s as frosty where you are as it is down here ?  
Just thought….. you’ll probably be back home again by now!

Back home Margie and my face is tingling, steady ride though because there's a lot of frost on the cycle path and roads so had to be careful, nice bright sunshine but it's not shifting the frost as yet, as for the lunch, chicken breast fillets dried and put between two sheets of greaseproof paper and gently beat with the rolling pin just to tenderise them a bit then sprinkle with salt and black pepper and smoked paprika on both sides, tablespoon of veg oil rubbed in to coat the chicken, put in the air fryer at 180c for ten minutes, turn over and air fry for another five minutes (check temp is above 76c inside the breasts) two minute rice in the microwave and salad of your choice, quick, healthy, cheap, enjoy

Rog

• Like 2

Same (well nearly) as you Rog.......thick frost but forced mesen out on bike.....only did about a mile have trouble with my breathing in this cold weather....id like to say its made me feel good but feel completely knackered......lol

• Like 1