How's your day?

I know what you mean about the breathing mate, try wearing a cover over your mouth and nose,( a scarf or one of them things bikers wear) don't do any good getting cold air into your lungs, but well done for getting out on your bike

Rog

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Rog i breathe thru a hole in my throat      and if i covered it up with a scarf i'd 'Suffocate''.......bleddy game int it........:ohmy:...

Yes Margie..not....that i'm Vain :)     ...but i wear one all the time...even at home..........

• Upvote 1

Sorry Lizzie that you don’t feel well . Hope you don’t hang on to it for too long. On the news today they said that covid count was slightly lower but flu was taking its place. So perhaps it’s the same there. Keep warm and quiet.

3 hours ago, plantfit said:

Sh*t forgot about that mate sorry

Rog

Its ok Rog..........there are lots of side issues with my problem that i woudnt expect people to know about......i do manage to mostly laugh them off.....

• Like 1

Not ventured out today. It's less cold than yesterday, but a bit murky, with odd snow flurries and it's treacherous underfoot. I find that the cold air can induce slight angina these days, but more annoying is the way it seems to cause a sort of rhinitis, with lots of sneezing and a runny nose, but no real infection.

Meanwhile my car is showing a fault condition which could be  a failed Lambda sensor or somesuch and I don't really want to use it until the electrician bloke has had a good look.

He's very good but rarely arrives when he says he will....

3 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

Warmer today a balmy -6 on Tuesday it was -34 even the pawnbroker took his sign indoors nipping out to get a haircut might wear my shorts.

Not that bad in Retford Ian

Retford_(4).jpg

Rog

• Like 1

At least your not snowed in....living in the middle of nowhere is great in the summer but the winter has come as a culture shock. My neighbours all 3 of them told me to stock a large freezer and large cupboard plus WiFi is most awkward and works well in some of house best late at night. Anyway going to wish you all a very merry Christmas in case i either i freeze or WiFi gives up. When i can will send a pic of my home so you can envy me or think I'm crackers.

Gem

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Got the two stroke mixed and the chainsaw oiled and greased, the top few branches are now cut off the Silver Birch tree, all the debris is stacked ready for next week when I can cut it into manageable pieces, to say there was no leaves on the tree there is now a lot of light coming in through the side kitchen window, chainsaw attachment cleaned and oiled as is the drive engine and now back in it's place in the small shed, work boots cleaned and polished and put away until I want them again, remainder of leaves raked up off the side garden, time for a coffee and a slice of toast

Rog

Phewww  Rog., reading the above has made me come over all unnecessary. It's tired me out just reading it, so I'm going to have to lie down in a dark room....    B.

47 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Phewww  Rog., reading the above has made me come over all unnecessary. It's tired me out just reading it, so I'm going to have to lie down in a dark room....    B.

had my coffee and toast and just made a load of mince pies, they are in the oven now, lunch will be a quick affair today just a few air fryer chips with sausage and egg and bread and butter, that will be after a quick bike ride to the next village to get a news paper and a loaf of bread

Rog

@Beekay  just remember he’s younger than us!!!  It’s only in  the last few years that I’ve had to pace myself in what I can achieve each day.  I know, @PeverilPeril can still achieve lots of things in a day but I reckon he’s an exception….. 

Working out in all weathers and in heavy industry for most of my life is good training for when you retire, 

Picture of me at East Leake quarry a few years ago, cold, wet, tired but happy, the job got done and production carried on, and sixty feet in the air on a MEWP to sort out a problem with overhead pipework,

Roger-East-Leake.jpg

Roger-in-Cherry-picker.jpg

And yes I would  and could do it all again albeit a bit slower these days

Rog

• Like 2

It never ceases to amaze me that when you’re hunting in cupboards for random Christmas decs that you keep finding the same old other rammel (is that a Notts  word?) that you just put back in there. I have just either recycled a fair amount to the council or compost bin. The funny thing is I didn’t find the thing I was looking for but a job well done anyway. There was no one else at home today so a good day for rummaging. 

• Like 1

Had a good day Friday. Ask my friend what kind of present she would like of me for Christmas, she wanted to see the TR panto. so there we were to 70s+ going of to the panto, when we arrived went over to wish Merry Christmas to the manager who is a freind of mine, he asked what seats we were in and gave us a choice to move as we were in between to schools, Well to hear all the children shouting and laughing was a joy, in front of us was a little girl about 3/4 years old and she was singing and dancing it was a plesure to just watch her, What was a change was the saying   "He's behind you""  has gone and the panto has come into the 21stcenturay even the prince came from West Bridgford in the panto. Then  Joe Pasquale had a bucket which contents which were thown over the people watching well first time bits of paper =, 2nd time bits of paper but 3rd time the bucket had quite a lot of water in it, yes you know what happend my friend and my self were just in the right place for a shower. Well it was all a good bit of fun. The staff gave 100% customer service, the customes and actor;s were very very good if you ask me was this panto for children I would normal say yes!! but even though we were a little older we really did enjoy it. I also think that hearing the children squeal with delight it made the day.

Quote Walt Disney said it doe's not matter how old you are. there still a child in all of us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2