How's your day?

@mary1947Sorry we won’t see you

and master this time but hope all goes well at the hospital, also could you

tell Brew that we miss him x

we have arrived in Nottingham from Skeg after a good journey.  We came via Lincoln so I think

we wouldn’t have been too far from

@plantfitcouldn’t smell any mince pies or sausage rolls though….

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

On the subject of doctors surgeries,I  once went for a flu jabs and after the nurse had done 'er indoors, it was my turn.

"Will it hurt? I have a low threshold of pain" I  said.

To which, nurse stamped on my foot !

"Ouch ! That hurt" I yelled.

Nurse replied, "Yeh, but it took yer mind off the needle though".

I had no answer to that.   :Shock:

All true, honest.

• Like 1

You’re made to feel guilty by the notices in the surgery making threats to those patients who have the temerity to complain about being messed about. You couldn’t treat customers like that in a commercial organisation and get away with it.   The medics and receptionists need some tuition in manners and client satisfaction.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MargieH said:

@mary1947Sorry we won’t see you

and master this time but hope all goes well at the hospital, also could you

tell Brew that we miss him x

we have arrived in Nottingham from Skeg after a good journey.  We came via Lincoln so I think

we wouldn’t have been too far from

@plantfitcouldn’t smell any mince pies or sausage rolls though….

Shame really we are only ten miles from Lincoln but if you came along the A46 towards Newark you was within four to five miles of my place off the Swinderby island and you probably could smell the mince pies I made earlier with Adsa extra special gingerbread mincemeat,

DSCF1792.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Still snowing now at nearly 8 pm , been snowing since 11am. Traffic is at a standstill in many places and people in cars have been waiting 4 hrs to move. That’s unusual here for roads to be blocked but after almost 3 yrs without snow they can’t remember how to get the snow ploughing done.

Not so much how my day has been, but how our daughter’s day has been. Her plan was a weekend seeing the Christmas markets in Brussels.

She left home at 6:15 this morning and was booked onto a flight due to leave Manchester at 11:10. The plane was delayed so didn’t leave the terminal until 11:55, and taxied out to the runway behind an Airbus going to Hong Kong. Only, the Airbus broke down on the taxiway, leaving her plane stuck behind it. Nothing moved until 18:00, when the Airbus got towed away and the Brussels plane had to go back to the terminal to refuel.

It’s now 19:30, and the plane still can’t leave - this time because some passengers left the plane but didn’t take their luggage. 

And to make matters worse, lots of workers are striking across Belgium tomorrow!

the day is not going as planned so far, the plan was to get the stationary engines turning over on the starting handles to help keep some oil on the moving parts and cylinder bores, the Lister ST1 diesel turned over albeit a bit stiff but I managed to get it turning and got some oil upto the rockers so happy with that, it is now covered over with some old compost plastic bags so should be ok, the Lister D petrol engine turned a small amount on the start handle then came to a stop and now I can't move it so out with the spark plug and squirted some oil down the hole along with some WD40 and a drop of petrol that I hope will seep between the piston rings and bore, that is now covered over with an old blanket and awaiting the sun to warm it up a bit over the next couple of hours when I will try again, ( I think that is the route you would have taken with it Ben if I'm not mistaken) anyway -9 at the moment in the garden so we'll have to wait and see

Rog

That's the second chickens water bucket broken when removing the solid ice. Having to check their water twice a day. Also having to split logs every day to keep the woodburner going. Both ponds frozen over for nearly a fortnight and just hoping that the fish survive.  Ice now 3" thick and difficult to keep a breathing area clear.

• Like 1

Cold morning in Newark today, was you there Phil? the water in Town lock was frozen over and the part of the Trent upstream of the lock was frozen over way past the dry dock area, I didn't have my camera with me either which is a shame, never mind, quite a few people on the market to say we were there early, around half eight, nine o clock time, weathers not too bad now we are home, the frost has melted away there is a bit of breeze and the washing is drying so things looking up

Rog

https://postimg.cc/QFnnDgcw
oops I should have posted this before the one above. This was the result of the snow the frame is completely ruined.

Click on the link....the photo is visible.

We went on the Christmas lights trail at Belton House near Grantham last night. We all had about 5 layers on and 2 pairs of socks so we’re really warm. It was beautiful to see with all the frost on the grass and trees with the lights and we even got to toast marshmallows in the woods. Now it feels like Christmas. Well worth a visit next year folks.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I'm at Hemswell Antiques Rog.

Ah, up on the top then, did you get any bargains, I see Newark antique center is up for sale

Rog