How's your day?

Nothing today sadly. Called at Navenby as well. Haven't been in Newark Antique Centre since they built ASDA in the car park across the road. Albert St. Antiques is no more as well. Might try Budby tomorrow although we've never bought anything from there yet. We have sharp eyes and only buy bargains. I think a day around Horncastle is due. There's a lot of house clearance junk but the odd gem sometimes appears. We're running out of space for much more stuff!

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I was always frightened of knocking over them glass cabinets when I was in there, they always seemed to move about when you walked on the floor near them, only ever bought one thing from there, s shooting stick from the 1960's, not shot owt with it yet though

Rog

2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Watch out for the ghost of wild Will Darrell. Littlecote is haunted!

You obviously know the history Jill. A fascinating place really.  B.

Snow has all but gone after a severe frost the other night. Now we can see exactly what damage it’s done to the gazebo. Think it’s beyond repair. Only got it at the beginning of summer.

On 6/22/2022 at 7:45 AM, MRS B said:

Beekay, the nights can’t be drawing in, it’s the longest day today! They will from now on though 

22nd December is the longest day in the Southern Hemisphere and the sun is directly overhead on the Tropic of Capricorn which passes through Rockhampton Qld, near the east coast. It also passes just north of Alice Springs in the NT. Longreach, the home of Qantas is bang on the line. It really is strange standing at any of these places and having no shadow.

Of course, for you it is the shortest day The sun is on his way back.

Good to get the shortest day over. It seems to get more important every year.

After my visit to A&E on the 11th, I've been basically poorly since. Stomach bug and an ear issue causing vertigo etc. At least I got to see my GP. Something  of a miracle. First time I've seen her for  years. She thinks I'm 'fighting some sort of virus'. Losing so far... :(.. It's certainly dragging on.

Finally can face food.. but still losing weight daily.. 9 pounds in 22 days.

Maybe better tomorrow. Need to get back to exercises, swimming, walking etc.

But..as you know I don't like to complain..;), so here's to a fab groovy Christmas for us all.

All the best everyone...!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's been a busy year. Alarmed in July to find my weight and numbers had ballooned. Dr talked about increasing three of the medications. Asked for a reprieve. After Italy, realised I needed to stick around for the family. Fericious diet courtesy of Dr Mark Porter (which isn't as dire as expected) and last Saturday the nurse taking the bloods told me I had shed 1 stone 8 lbs. For the first time in years I am no longer clinically obese, merely overweight. Nine more lbs and I will be classed as normal (a real first, that, in many ways). So, Christmas will be enjoyed via the antics of the girls. There is no way I am not going to hit the target by January 30th. The carrot is, if I succeed, there are £350 quid's worth of high-end bike parts to get the bike ready for some serious trekking in Derbyshire.

Col, look after yourself, mate. Look forward to your posts and music selections (back tracks to my life most of them)

And to all of you, a peaceful and meaningful Christmas and New Year.

• Like 6

Paul got a lovely Christmas present last week - he had a letter informing him that , because he is almost 80, he will have an increase in his state pension of 25p per week!!!   I get less pension than he does, so I wonder what I 'll be awarded.... 

My wife went into the village church this morning and found a baby in the crib that wasn’t there yesterday. Not a real one - a stuffed one. She’s not remotely religious but is roped into all sorts of village things including the church opening rota. Could this be an omen of the second coming? 

• Like 1

Newark on Trent this morning, got there early 08.15 expecting the place to be crowded instead not many folks about market was about half of what it usually is so got the fruit and veg, had a walk around then made our way back to the car for 10.00, the car park was nearly empty so everyone must have done their shopping yesterday, anyway back home for a coffee then set to in the shed for a couple of hours to start cleaning down a small compressor someone gave me, a good look inside with the aid of a torch and small mirror on a stick and it's pretty clean inside so a good spray with GT85 and all the bungs refitted along with PTFE tape on the threads, a good wipe down with an oily rag and all ok, tidied up and put stuff back where it belongs, back indoor and made a load of mince pies and sausage rolls, they are now in the oven, off to Mablethorpe tomorrow for a walk along the beach and a cuppa, we usually go to Skeg christmas day for a couple of hours but with  a lot of illegals hanging about on street corners and outside the hotels we thought we would give it a miss this year so Mabo it is

Rog

• Upvote 1

G'morning Y'all.

Just wanted to wish all my friends at NS a very happy Christmas and a blessed new year.  It's cowd here.  A'int fit ta turn a dawg aht. As we used to say.  Keep warm.

Dave, Mrs L, and the boys

• Like 3

Spending the day recovering from having my photo taken at hospital yesterday. After a weeks starvation diet I am finding it hard to eat, but looking on the positive side I am going to try and eat my share tomorrow with my son and his family , its been six months since I have seen my grandson. A scan to look forward to very soon.

May I wish all Nottstalgians a merry Christmas and may you all have a have a joyful and happy New Year.

• Upvote 1